LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Behind the Scenes Eye PrimerBehind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

This is the best eyeshadow primer I've tried, full stop. It dries quickly, wears like iron, and holds onto everything I throw at it. This works really well for my oily, hooded eyelids.

The formula is thicker than most of the more popular primers, especially when compared to Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UD Primer Potion. It's more creamy, but it spreads evenly and thinly and goes on super sheer and matte. A little bit of this also goes a really long way. I find that I can use less of this to get really good results than I did with my UDPP or Shadow Insurance. Also, my sensitive skin doesn't react to it at all. Success!

on 8/27/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this with my Lorac palettes. I think it's an okay primer. It worked better when it was newer, because now it's separating in the tube and really doesn't work as well as it used to. However, in it's prime (dang that pun), it was pretty good. My eyelids get really oily in the summer, and this definitely kept my eyeshadow from getting ugly!

on 8/20/2016 8:27:00 AM

I adore this! I got a small sample size at Sephora, and I fell in love with it. I have super oily kids, so liner, particularly on my bottom, never stays. Not the case anymore. I apply this around my entire eye, and my liner and shadow doesn't budge at all. No smears! I would highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly I wouldn't have tried this if it didn't come with the palettes. And continued using concealer. My eyeshadow stays the same all day and doesn't move. I have semi oily kids and I can see the oil on my eyeshadow but it doesn't like crease or anything!!!

on 3/8/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

A blah primer, nothing too wonderful. The only downside is if you have oily lids this product is not for you. However, using matte and shimmer shadows camouflage some of the oils on my lid. because of my oily skin I feel like this primer is not designed for long wear or for bright colored eye shadows. Depending on the look I'm going for I will put this primer on first and go over my lid with an additional base to make sure that my eye shadow colors pop and last for hours. I would not purchase again it just didn't do anything spectacular. and left my lids an oliy mess. I feel like I should not have to cake on layers of product in conjunction with this primer just to get a basic eye look! There are much better eye shadow bases on the market that stay in place and mattifies the eyelid such as Urban Decay (I love UD). This primer is not designed for my oily skin type.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Simple:
It's a good primer. It works well and it does its job.

Is it anything revolutionary? No.

After running out of my deluxe sample, I won't repurchase a full size.

on 1/4/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've went through a few deluxe sample sizes of these. I like it. It's a good eye primer but so is my regular concealer when in a pinch. It does make eyeshadow look more pigmented and last longer but again, so does normal concealer. I will not purchase a full size but certainly take advantage of the deluxe sample sizes for travel, etc.

on 12/17/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference: I have dry eyelids and a deep-set crease, but my eyes are not hooded.

I have 2 tubes of this primer that I got from buying the eyeshadow palettes. I just finished up the first after 4-5x weekly use for 8 months (about 160 uses)- not bad for getting it for free. I like that Lorac includes a good sized tube with their palettes as opposed to the new foil samples from Urban Decay.

This primer works very well for my dry eyelids. I prefer to wear matte shadows, and this doesn't accentuate any dryness or make my lids look crepe-y. It's very easy to spread across the lids and get a thin, even layer. Without a primer I can go 4-5 hours without creasing or fading, and maybe 2 without transfer, depending on the shadows. With this primer I can get about 14 hours of wear without any creasing or transfer with no fading for mattes and minimal fading with shimmers. This is really impressive- I know for a fact that my eyeshadow will look the same at the end of the day as it did in the morning.

One thing to cinsider: this is a translucent eye primer. It will not cover up any veins or provide a "blank canvas" for eye looks. Not a pro or con- just something that might influence your decision to purchase this.

There are a few gripes I have with this- it tends to collect in the inner corner of the eyes and cause a caked-on appearence when first applied. It's tough to get this off, but it is possible. This might be caused by my skin (I have very flaky skin & you shouldn't exfoliate around the eyes) or just not being careful when applying. Also, this is not tacky enough to provide a great base for glittery shadows or pigments. They will show up with decent pigmentation, but they can get lost throughout the day and have some fallout. To help with this, I use a separate glitter primer and it works wonders. Also, this might be too emollient for those with oily eyelids.

Overall, this is definitely a good primer that you should check out if you have dry eyelids. It holds shadows (especially mattes and satins) in place all day without creasing or transfer. It's even better that it comes free with palettes. I will not repurchase this because I have vein-y eyelids and because this is translucent it does not cover the veins. However, if that is not a deciding factor for you, I would highly recommend this.

on 10/27/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not good. Creases in the lids before you apply shadows, and makes shadows go on cakey.

on 10/26/2015 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but every time I let this sit for a few days and go to use it, liquid comes out that has separated from the product. Which makes sense because it has a very liquid like feel as you apply. By the end of the day my lids are really greasy and creased. Urban decay primer potion is way better in my opinion. It might also be better for someone with dry skin, which I do not have.