66%

price range

Reviews

3.0

a month ago

I got a couple of these with my Lorac palettes and have been using them pretty regularly. The consistency of this product is very creamy and has a tan color to it. Once it is blended out on the eye, it is sheer. If you have any discoloration on your eyes that you want the primer to conceal, this will NOT work. However if you have even toned eyelids, you won't have a problem. This eye primer is good for people with normal eyelids, shadows go on nicely and evenly over it. I have hooded lids though, and I do get creasing sometimes with this primer so if you are looking for a crease proof primer for your hooded lids, it's up in the air whether this would work for you. Sometimes I get creasing, sometimes I don't so it might have to do with the shadows I am using and how much I'm layering it up. Overall, I would say this is a good product but I am a special case and need something even more heavy duty. This product is great for everyday, natural eye looks.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 months ago

I received the sample size of this primer with my Pro Palette. If you have even-colored lids, this will work great for you because the primer isn't drying and locks in your eyeshadow. Unfortunately, I have pigmented, uneven color on my eyelids and this primer goes on clear, so my eyeshadow looks darker and muddy. I usually use concealer to prep and prime my lids, but lately, my eyeshadow has seemed to fade. I will continue to try different primers and hopefully find one that offers coverage and performs well.

About reviewer (463 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I got the deluxe sample size with a Lorac palette. I have to use primer otherwise my eyeshadow creases and disappears, and this product worked well for me. It just take a tiny bit so the tube has lasted awhile. My only cons are that it gets a little gunky around the opening and sometimes the primer is a little too tacky, but that's solved by setting it with powder or neutral shadow.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

My friend gave me the small size (travel size/sample size) and I'm impressed. I put on my eyeshadow at noon today and it's 5:30 now. I've gone hiking and played mini golf outside in 85 degree weather and my eyeshadow HAS NOT CREASED and has stayed put! Amazing. It is pretty easy to spread on the lids and you seriously don't need a lot. A little goes a long way. Eyeshadow used was urban decay and Lorac.. not sure if this would work the same with low end eyeshadow but I don't see why not

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I got this eye primer from the lorac eye palette. I don't know about other people skin type. But this primer did nothing for my oily eyelid. My eyeshadow only last around 3-4 hours, after that it will start fading and creasing out :((

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

I love this primer. I've used multiple primers, but this would be my favorite. I really like the angled tip, although I do not place it, nor apply it directly to my eye - I apply it with my ring finger. This stuff is magic in a tube as far as I'm concerned. I've used MAC's paint pots, UD, TF, so many - and this is the one that I will repurchase. It is sweat proof, (as far as I can tell in rainy days) waterproof, cry proof, the only thing is if you don't have a GOOD matte shadow it can come off patchy. The answer to that is to "set" the primer in the beginning if you know that you're going to do a matte eye look, with setting powder - or a undetectable eyeshadow prior to applying your eyeshadow transition colors. It has never let me down, and I respect that in a product. Give it a try - I think you'll really enjoy it, I do!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

I have two deluxe sample sizes of this primer that came with the Lorac palettes I bought. It doesn't take much to cover your eyelids so a couple the sample sizes have lasted me a LONG time. Around a year or so using 2-3 times a week. It works best with Lorac shadows of course but I have success with other brands. If you apply it too thick, I notice it can crease where your eyelid folds. A thin layer will do. At the end of the day, my shadow has faded some but is still noticeable. It will last through an 8-hour shift and an hour of sweaty exercise. The tube can clog a bit which is near impossible to clean out the little hole on the tip. It causes the primer to shoot out really quick and waste a bunch of product. You definitely have to keep the tip clean and clear of dried primer. Overall, I am happy with it and will continue to use it, but probably won't buy a full size at this price. There are other cheaper options that work just as well.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

I'm just about to finish my second deluxe-sized sample of this. If you have oily lids, this is not the primer for you. I gave it two lippies for making eye products go on a little more smoothly and more pigmented than without any primer at all. However, it doesn't really prevent my eyeshadows from creasing. Most primers - UDPP, TFSI, and Nars Pro Prime - are great a keeping my eyeshadow crease-free for the majority of the day, but the Lorac primer only lasts a few hours before my eyeshadow starts creasing. In the winter, it will last about half the day, but in the warmer months, it only lasts a couple hours before I start noticing some light creasing. I don't recommend if you have oily lids.

About reviewer (251 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

1.0

3 years ago

It creased before I put shadow on, so it needs to be set quickly. Eyeshadow stayed on well, but the problem was I had a weird reaction to it. I do not have sensitive skin and have never had my eyelids react to anything, until now. I broke out on my eyelids. This primer clogged my pores and created weird little pimples on my eyelids. Which is the strangest thing I have every experienced. Needless to say I will be tossing this out.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrown

3 years ago

This is the best eyeshadow primer I've tried, full stop. It dries quickly, wears like iron, and holds onto everything I throw at it. This works really well for my oily, hooded eyelids. The formula is thicker than most of the more popular primers, especially when compared to Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UD Primer Potion. It's more creamy, but it spreads evenly and thinly and goes on super sheer and matte. A little bit of this also goes a really long way. I find that I can use less of this to get really good results than I did with my UDPP or Shadow Insurance. Also, my sensitive skin doesn't react to it at all. Success!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35