LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Behind the Scenes Eye PrimerBehind the Scenes Eye Primer

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 6/14/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have two deluxe sample sizes of this primer that came with the Lorac palettes I bought. It doesn't take much to cover your eyelids so a couple the sample sizes have lasted me a LONG time. Around a year or so using 2-3 times a week. It works best with Lorac shadows of course but I have success with other brands. If you apply it too thick, I notice it can crease where your eyelid folds. A thin layer will do. At the end of the day, my shadow has faded some but is still noticeable. It will last through an 8-hour shift and an hour of sweaty exercise. The tube can clog a bit which is near impossible to clean out the little hole on the tip. It causes the primer to shoot out really quick and waste a bunch of product. You definitely have to keep the tip clean and clear of dried primer. Overall, I am happy with it and will continue to use it, but probably won't buy a full size at this price. There are other cheaper options that work just as well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm just about to finish my second deluxe-sized sample of this. If you have oily lids, this is not the primer for you. I gave it two lippies for making eye products go on a little more smoothly and more pigmented than without any primer at all. However, it doesn't really prevent my eyeshadows from creasing. Most primers - UDPP, TFSI, and Nars Pro Prime - are great a keeping my eyeshadow crease-free for the majority of the day, but the Lorac primer only lasts a few hours before my eyeshadow starts creasing. In the winter, it will last about half the day, but in the warmer months, it only lasts a couple hours before I start noticing some light creasing. I don't recommend if you have oily lids.

on 3/31/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It creased before I put shadow on, so it needs to be set quickly. Eyeshadow stayed on well, but the problem was I had a weird reaction to it. I do not have sensitive skin and have never had my eyelids react to anything, until now. I broke out on my eyelids. This primer clogged my pores and created weird little pimples on my eyelids. Which is the strangest thing I have every experienced. Needless to say I will be tossing this out.

This is the best eyeshadow primer I've tried, full stop. It dries quickly, wears like iron, and holds onto everything I throw at it. This works really well for my oily, hooded eyelids.

The formula is thicker than most of the more popular primers, especially when compared to Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UD Primer Potion. It's more creamy, but it spreads evenly and thinly and goes on super sheer and matte. A little bit of this also goes a really long way. I find that I can use less of this to get really good results than I did with my UDPP or Shadow Insurance. Also, my sensitive skin doesn't react to it at all. Success!

on 8/27/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this with my Lorac palettes. I think it's an okay primer. It worked better when it was newer, because now it's separating in the tube and really doesn't work as well as it used to. However, in it's prime (dang that pun), it was pretty good. My eyelids get really oily in the summer, and this definitely kept my eyeshadow from getting ugly!

on 8/20/2016 8:27:00 AM

I adore this! I got a small sample size at Sephora, and I fell in love with it. I have super oily kids, so liner, particularly on my bottom, never stays. Not the case anymore. I apply this around my entire eye, and my liner and shadow doesn't budge at all. No smears! I would highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly I wouldn't have tried this if it didn't come with the palettes. And continued using concealer. My eyeshadow stays the same all day and doesn't move. I have semi oily kids and I can see the oil on my eyeshadow but it doesn't like crease or anything!!!

on 3/8/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

A blah primer, nothing too wonderful. The only downside is if you have oily lids this product is not for you. However, using matte and shimmer shadows camouflage some of the oils on my lid. because of my oily skin I feel like this primer is not designed for long wear or for bright colored eye shadows. Depending on the look I'm going for I will put this primer on first and go over my lid with an additional base to make sure that my eye shadow colors pop and last for hours. I would not purchase again it just didn't do anything spectacular. and left my lids an oliy mess. I feel like I should not have to cake on layers of product in conjunction with this primer just to get a basic eye look! There are much better eye shadow bases on the market that stay in place and mattifies the eyelid such as Urban Decay (I love UD). This primer is not designed for my oily skin type.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Simple:
It's a good primer. It works well and it does its job.

Is it anything revolutionary? No.

After running out of my deluxe sample, I won't repurchase a full size.

on 1/4/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've went through a few deluxe sample sizes of these. I like it. It's a good eye primer but so is my regular concealer when in a pinch. It does make eyeshadow look more pigmented and last longer but again, so does normal concealer. I will not purchase a full size but certainly take advantage of the deluxe sample sizes for travel, etc.