NYX Professional Makeup Glitter Primer

NYX Professional Makeup Glitter Primer

4.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Stearic Acid, Octyldodecanol, PVP, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Esters, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Any glitter stays on wherever you put it. I also like to use this on my lips or for regular eyeshadow. It dries down fast and it's a sticky base. You don't need much, plus it's hygienic due to the packaging: You squeeze out the amount you need, whether it's minimal or more and you're ready to apply.

on 9/16/2018 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i love this! just got it a few days ago for my eyeshadows that aren't glittery per se, but more shimmer/glitter particles suspended in a shadow base (think wnw's "nutty"). you know, the ones that are so ~cReAmY~ they transfer to your upper lids throughout the day? yeah, those. this seems to do a pretty good job of keeping eyeshadow stuck to it!

some notes - you can sort of feel it on your eyes, but i don't think the feeling is super unpleasant/uncomfortable and you get used to it after a few hours of wear. also, when i first got this product, i tested it on the back of my hand with various shimmery eyeshadows and found that some of the swatches without the glitter primer actually had a MORE metallic base, even if the glitter in them necessitated a glitter primer. for those it's probably best to apply once without primer, then apply the primer again on top, then add ANOTHER layer of eyeshadow so the glitter stays on your eyes all day long. so i def recommend that others with this primer test it on the back of their hand first to see which shadows can actually benefit from a primer like this.

im a big fan and would definitely repurchase if i ever ran out!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had this sitting in my drawer for a couple of months, and I I finally broke it out this week to give some glittery shadow something to stick to. It did have a lot of adhesion, which I was impressed by, but by the middle of the day (around 4 hours in) it started to crease really badly and the glitter was transferring above my crease as well. I patted it out a little with my fingers so I wouldn't look like I was melting, but it was not anywhere near ideal. I removed it after I got home, and once I was done washing my face my eyes were very itchy and my lids were starting to swell. For the next 24 hours or so, I had some kind of adverse reaction that was very unpleasant on my eyelids. I assume there's something in here that my skin is sensitive to, and I don't fault the product for that outright, but since the performance was also pretty terrible I feel confident giving this product one lippie.

on 4/16/2018 6:17:00 PM

I really don’t understand the hype! I bought and ended up selling on Depop! Think it was about £6 so I wasn’t really that bothered when it didn’t work for me. Just wasn’t sticky enough for the glitter to hold onto

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing and definitely does it’s job!! If you’re going to an event / festival this primer will ensure your glitter will stay on ALL NIGHT / DAY. Best purchase ever!

on 3/21/2018 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Let's cut it short, I'd already repurchased this and then another one is on it's way. I freaking love this thing. This product made me able to wear eyeshadows without fall out or fading, finally. I have very oily, heavily hooded monolids, the skin on my lid folds over and rub against itself, plus the oil, and my eyes water easily. All that just mean no eyeshadows can stay long on my lids without fading or drop off my lids altogether. I'd found a great eye primer (the WnW PhotoFocus), but I still struggle with the more creamy shimmer or metallic eyeshadows. The center of my lids is the oiliest mess and that's the first thing to go. Some days I have two empty patches of skin where my shadows had been. I use this a bit of this glue on the center of my lids, after I've applied the matte shades for transition and outer V etc.; wait a few seconds for it to dry, then I put the shimmer shadow on with my finger - they stay there, all day, no matter the heat or humidity. I usually apply my lid shade with a finger anyway, so I don't mind the extra step of putting the glue on. I got this in the Glitter Goals set that NYX put out last Christmas, so it's only a mini 5ml - half the amount in the fullsize, the whole tube is about the size of my thumb, just easier to travel with if you ask me - but a little bit goes a long way. I've been using it consistently for nearly 2 months and I've barely made a dent. I got the set intending to experiment with glitter, and after the glue worked out so well doing what it's intended for, I went ahead and tried it with eyeshadows to great results. I ended up getting the other 2 Glitter Goal sets as well, it's great value and convenience, I get two more extra tubes of a product that I LOVE, plus a compact stack of 3 awesome glitters with each set.
The product comes in a tube with a very small applicator, so it's really easy to get out exact amount of glue I need each time. The glue comes out looking a bit pearly, but once spread out it dries completely clear. I use this to "cut" my non-existent crease, it intensifies the colour payoff of the shadow just as good if not better than using a concealer or a white base. The only problem is you gotta work fast, once the glue dries, the shadow or glitter won't stick to it as well. I find that using glitter glue is better for the duochrome shadows or "topper" shades that are a bit sheer, they look much better when the colour beneath them is visible. The sticker wrapped around the tube of glue is really cool too, it's lenticular/holographic and it flashes rainbows when I roll it between my fingers. The price is totally affordable, and the product lasts. Everything about this product makes me happy. I hope NYX never stop offering this product.

on 2/10/2018 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Excellent product for adhering glitter/pigment type particles. I bought this out of need, I had lost my Too Faced ‘shadow insurance glitter glue’ after few months of using it. I was taken back by the price of NYX being much less expensive compared toToo Faced. Both packagings are about the same size. The product itself is verrrry comparable to Too Faced, in adhesiveness and longevity. Once applied my eyelid doesn’t feel hardened or too tacky. Glitter adheres nicely to this primer/glue. Last a long evening out. Washes off easily without any residue leftover.
Overall strongly recommend this ‘glue’. If you’re looking for an effective product without the the price gauge of other high end brands-NYX is a steal!

Everything about this products is perfect - the packaging, the price, the performance. I have not one bad thing to say about thise glitter glue!
The applicator on the tube is very narrow, which helps you to not squeez out too much product, because you really don't need much. And the primer itself does exactly what it says: it makes any chunky pigment or actual glitter stick to your eyelids. And that for the entire day.

I always wanted the TF Glitter glue, but never got it because of its price and since I'm not huuuuge on glitter it just wouldn't be worth the investment. The NYX Glue totally filled this gap for me - a good product with a reasonable price. I would definitely recommend it!

Amazing!!

on 10/3/2017 10:06:00 PM

This product works and works well at that. I purchased this just to have on hand as I love glitter shadows and pigments but I don’t use them often. I came across a gorgeous glitter for the inner corner of my eye. So I decided to use this. I applied the tiniest drop to the inner corner of my eyes then applied the glitter. It adhered very well with no fallout and lasted till I took it off. It didn’t feel sticky or gross or anything. It just held my glitter shadow so well I couldn’t believe it. You only need the tiniest amount and it works! The tube will last me ages but I’m very pleased with this primer. It kept my shadow on till I washed it off and I got no fallout. Granted I only used a small amount but still it held up perfectly. Couldn’t be more stoked! Recommended.