Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/19/2017 1:46:00 PM

Absolutely brilliant makes the colours pop and my eyeshadow does not move and lasts all day and night.

Hadn't used it in a while I remember getting samples of it when I ordered from sephora just didn't buy a full size until now and I don't know why I waited to be honest. This is a beige- y colored primer for me it hides all the discoloration on my eyelids. When i use this primer I have no issues with any eyeshadow PERIOD. It stays in place all day and I don't have to worry about any creasing or smudging. Its not a bad price either I got mine on sale around Christmas. Its one of the only primers I will use from now on.

holy grail primer, this holds my eyeshadow for days, even on the nights i've slept in my makeup. It works so well, I've bought 4 bottles & don't dare to try anything else- when you know something works & it works great, you don't switch. a little goes a LONG way so definitely worth the pricepoint.

i agree with the old formula and packaging reviews! it's much better and worked accordingly which is why i bought my second tube. the new formula and packaging is HORRIBLE! i even feel that the content is not as much as the previous packaging. i used it just for a while and felt that it has hit rock bottom despite of the brush applicator should make it easier reaching the bottom but that's not the case at all. it's felt as if nothing to be scooped out after a while with the brush. the longevity is the main issue as well as it is more watery with the new formula and it does not last long unlike the previous formula that could last all day! the eyeshadow's staying power is just the same without applying any primer. so unfortunately i'd move to other product and thinking of getting the TFSI which still stick with the old formula and packaging. I really wonder why companies reformulate their products if there's nothing to complaint about to begin with

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the old formula and old packaging (squeeze tube). The new packaging (with the applicator) is difficult to use and the formula is TERRIBLE. Absolutely useless, greasy and does not work the way the old formula did. What a waste. I'm not sure what happened with this product, but I will be returning to the store.

on 1/23/2017 9:48:00 PM

This primer used to be wonderful in the old tube with no applicator and a different formula, it was the best and that is why it was a cult favorite. However, packaging and formula has changed and it is awful!! Eyeshadow does not stay on at all. I wa told at Ulta that L'Oreal bought out Urban Decay. Urban Decay (L'Oréal) PLEASE bring back the old, great formula. Luckily, I just ordered 3 tubes of the good version but when they run out I will be buying something else.

on 1/23/2017 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily eyelid, hooded eyes and sensitive watery eyes. I'm forever in search of a primer that allows me to use eyeshadow. Already tried TheBalm, Smashbox and Nars. All of them failed and UDPP is yet another disappointment.

It applies smoothly and dries very fast, which is great. That is that. It makes blending difficult, which i thought was becauss the primer was securing the eyeshadow that much. No luck for me.

With the other primers, the eyeshadow creases. UDPP (original) goes a step down. It creases and forms a goop mess that makes me feel like there is even more oil in my lid.

Still searching.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My second review goes out to Urban Decay!

I invested in the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and never will go back. It's completely worth the investment if you want to keep your eyeshadow looking fresh all day. Why put in all the time and effort in the morning if it's just going to wear off after a couple hours?

My only tip for this primer is to make sure that you warm it up between your fingers before application. Sometimes if I don't do so, the primer gets a little blotchy once it dries. However, it's nothing too major since the eyeshadow covers it up anyway.

Since you only need the tiniest amount of primer with each application, it'll last you a couple years at the least. It's definitely worth the money!

I have really oily eyelids so this works great for me! What I really like is that it has so much product in the tube so it lasts forever. It definitely adds pigment to my eyeshadow looks!

on 1/12/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used a few different varieties of this primer, and I find that the shimmer primers last longer than the regular ones. None of them, however, have any magical ingredients exclusive to gluing on eyeshadow, and the same can be accomplished with a long-lasting concealer, such as Revlon Colorstay or even All-nighter foundation.

Urban Decay keeps repackaging their primers as if to insinuate that every speck of makeup needs it's own dedicated primer to stay put. Unless you are under heavy lights, such as in movie production or photography, or dancing at a club for a few hours, there's more damage to be done from all these formulations & products than gain.

The best way to view products, especially one like this where you won't get any better a result with it versus long-wear concealer/foundation, is skepticism since this isn't a regulated industry and any claims can be made & never substantiated. Just an FYI: "clinically proven" means company testing where all they did was ask participants guided questions or merely looked at them without of placebo study or blind test with other brands. It literally has zero meaning as to quality, performance or results, and if it did, it would be a rigorous study with doctor published research in a medical/science journal.