Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I don't really know how to feel about it just because this is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever tried. I find it does increase the longevity of my eyeshadows but I wonder if it's worth the price. I want to try the nyx eyeshadow primer and the smashbox.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyeshadow primer! I love that they changed the packaging, and that it can easily be squeezed out now :) I have been using this primer for a long time, and I love how it keeps my eyeshadow on all day even with my super oily eyelids! I love to wear this even if I'm not going to wear any eyeshadown for the day. It also last me a super long time! So although it might be pricey, it lasts a very long time.

on 5/8/2017 7:53:00 PM

I bought this primer and at least one month of use it was very dry. The application stick was damage and all the product was on top of the packaging. I didn´t like this product

This stuff really works. I have hooded lids and oily eyelids. Without this, eyeshadow would only last on me for an hour or two, no matter how much blending and setting I did. With this, it lasts all day! And reduces transfer too. I'm impressed.

on 5/3/2017 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this primer since late 2015 whenever I wore make up (so about twice a week) and I still have about half the tube left. I bought this originally to make my eyeliner and mascara transfer proof, but once I started wearing eyeshadow it is amazing how much easier it is to apply eyeshadow when I wear it then when I don't. It creates a nice base for the colours to go on to, the colours are much more vibrant (this was especially noticeable with eyeshadows that lacked pigment, not so much with the mac single pots) and lasts much longer. I can't go without this stuff, and have bought a back up already (even though I think it'll take me at least another year before I finish this tube).

Only con is that it's kind of drying, and I don't like the doe-foot applicator because I feel like it's unhygienic I'd much rather a squeeze tube. But I guess the dryness is important to keep stop transfer and I just pack Kiehl's creamy avocado eye cream after taking off make up.

Forgot to mention, I've tried Australis eyeshadow primer and the Etude house version, but they don't spread properly I end up with residues that looks like I haven't rubbed in my concealer. Primer Potion doesn't have this problem. Australis and Etude House eyeshadow primers both dried out after 6 months of continued sparing usage, I've had my UD since 2015 and it's still going strong.

Yo esperaba mucho mas de este producto tan popular. Lo intente probar comparandolo con un primer mucho mas económico y mis sombras se vieron mucho mas pigmentadas con el otro primer que con este. Cuando lo abrí salió una especie de aceite y tuve que revolverlo con el aplicador para que saliera cremoso. Pésima calidad: aceitoso y las sombras no se adhieren. No vale lo que cuesta.

on 4/29/2017 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have deep set, hooded and down-turned eyes with pretty oily eyelids - an absolute nightmare when it comes to eye makeup. Before I got this product, eyeshadow was pretty much impossible for me - whatever formula or consistency, they would last about 5-10 seconds, and eye primers I've tried have done absolutely nothing to help. But this...this is just life changing! I'm finally able to wear colour on my eyes! I'm beyond thrilled! Plus the packaging is cute as hell, and I think the price is ok when considerinh how well the product works. 100% in love.

I absolutely love this primer! I use this primer every single day. It goes on smoothly and once eyeshadow is on, it's not budging

on 3/27/2017 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is completely useless for me. I have tried using this differently but to no avail. I do get the best results when I use this before cleaning my entire lid with a make up remover (to remove my cream and any other oil) but it doesn't make my eyeliner last as long as it promises for.

I use baby powder on my lids before applying my eyeliner and this works as as well or sometimes worse than that. However this is just my experience. My lids are super oily...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

What a waste of money. I would have returned it if I bought it myself, but unfortunately I have received it as a Christmas gift form a friend of mine.
Why do I hate it:
I apply it on clean eyelids first and than I apply foundation to the rest of my face. By the time I've done with foundation this primer creases all over my lids at every single time!
Why do I need a primer that creases if I have eyeshadows (MAC) that do not do that for hours?
It might be a personal thing, but I would strongly recommend to try it on first and wait for couple of hours to see how it performs before actually buying it.