4.3

$24.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

15 days ago

i continue to repurchase this out of habit and only when it's on sale (wouldn't pay full price for this) i don't love it but i don't hate it. it gets the job done! the plastic portion of the applicator wand regularly breaks off.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

2 months ago

I've been using the anti aging primer for years now and I decided I should try to original. Didn't work as well. And I hate the wand

About reviewer (1040 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

2 months ago

This eyeshadow primer is so loved and raved about so I decided to give it a try and unfortunately I don't understand the hype? For me this primer didn't work no matter what I did to make it work, It would ball up and crease within seconds and made my eyeshadow impossible to blend and yes I did give it enough time to dry, I didn't put it on and then immediately put my eyeshadow on but it just didn't work and also made my eyeshadow patchy. I did manage to get it to somewhat work but after much difficulty and I could only wear neutral shadows, nothing bright or dark because then the patchiness would show through, but even after that I found it would crumble off throughout the day, like little dry balls of product would fall off my eyelids. I don't know if its just me but I really didn't like this eyeshadow primer at all

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

2 months ago

I have loved this primer for years but this last batch is horrible. I'm not sure if it's because i bought it at the outlet but i will not re-purchase this after i am done. I think i will move over to the Milani - same thing just much better price.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 months ago

This works really well. Takes a bit of experimentation to get the right amount right, but once you do, it's amazing how well and long eyeshadow wears on top of this. I have hooded, oily eyes too btw. No complaints. I go back and forth with this and my Colourpop no filter concealer in white. Both work great as bases for oily lids. I wouldnt use the No filter concealer on 55+ eyes though. I think it would set too fast to blend smoothly over loose, crepey, more mature skin. I'm in my 30s and they work well.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

I found this to be a nice primer, but nothing extraordinary. I dab it onto my eyelids using the doe-foot applicator, and then blend it out using my finger. If you don't work with it quickly it may become patchy or streaky in some areas. It's a cream color, but sheers out to nearly nothing. It leaves behind a soft matte finish. I haven't had any trouble blending my shadows over this. And while it does increase my wear by a couple hours, it's just that. It claims to keep eyes crease-free for up to 24 hours, but I think the most I get with this is about 10, which is still good. I have't had any issues with it drying out my skin or irritating my eyes. I think this is worth trying. I'll most likely buy it again.

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 months ago

I received it as a gift and I have to say that it is a very good primer but not the best that I have tried so far! I am still a big fan of the Kryolan Eye Shadow Primer. It works a little better.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 months ago

It seems almost silly to review something that has thousands of reviews and has been around for so long. But I really just love this eye primer so much! I used to think that eye primer was just another one of those things we'd been convinced that we needed but wasn't really an essential step...but then my eyeshadow always wore off within a few hours. I started using this and I've never had that issue since. This product might be a little more expensive than some drugstore versions but honestly it lasts so long that $10 per tube is worth it to me. I've had the one with the doe foot and squeeze tube and fine with either type. It's definitely holy grail for me!

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

6 months ago

What remains to say?! It’s a classic, faithful. It has a beautifully, simple function and that is that it significantly reduces a buildup of product in the crease of the eyelid throughout the day (or indeed night!) helping the delicate yet animated, ocular area retain a fresh appearance. The colour is white with a cream texture without any feeling of discernible grittiness. After applying it, I buff it a little with a brush to ensure that it is blended properly otherwise it can occasionally be visible. This needs to be done speedily before it sets. I find doing this increases its durability and naturalness. I prefer to apply the Primer Potion after applying a cream eyeshadow rather than before. From my experience, I’ve found that applying it before can make an eyeshadow ‘drag’ making it appear patchy. Doing so after prevents that. The only time I will apply it before is very sparingly on the outside corner of my lower lid before eyeliner there but really sparingly otherwise it can be visible. To reduce any pastiness of product, I ‘pinch’ the applicator between my thumb and finger and rub the primer between them a little to ensure that the texture is thinner. Then I apply what is on my index finger to the lower lid. This prevents any of it getting onto my lashes. I wait a few seconds before applying eyeliner on top. It’s also handy for the corners of eyes if they are prone to watering or too much blinking is causing eye cosmetics to spread downwards. In other words, it can keep an eyeliner flick looking sharp! Don’t forget to check in daylight as well as artificial light, that it’s sufficiently blended. There’s no discernible scent. The playful shape and shade of the Potion make it distinctive enough to identify easily in a cosmetic bag. Who wants to have to rummage when rushed for time?! I can’t recall how many of these I have purchased over the years - perhaps 15 by now! I can’t fault it, other than to perhaps say that the stick is quite hard, the doe’s foot could be a little softer but really, this is quickly solved by using a finger for application instead before blending. Don’t hesitate to buy. 10/10

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

6 months ago

This is magic! I was having trouble with my oily hooded eyelids even though I tried countless eyeliners, always had smudged eyes. Now using this with any translucent powder, my eyeliner stays still up to even 10-12 hours. Worth every penny

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm