Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint Shampoo

Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint Shampoo

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Betaine, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil*, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera]*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass]*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract*, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, PPG-9, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 1/9/2017 5:15:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. My hair feels light and there is a lot of movement. Who knew that this cheap little shampoo would be such a gem!

on 11/11/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've blown so much money in the past year on high end hair products promising the world as far as haircare goes, so it's painfully ironic that the most rewarding purchase of all turned out to be an unassuming $2 drugstore bottle.

I recently discovered that my hair is highly sensitive to protein, and protein-free products are actually more sparse than you might imagine, so I picked this up on a bit of a whim not expecting much. The shampoo cleanses thoroughly without stripping or tangling my hair too much. My only issue is that with repeated use this can be a bit drying on my ends, so once a week I'll do a deep condition with something like Shea Moisture. It's really the only reason I haven't given it five stars. But used alongside the matching conditioner, I'm left with shiny, bouncy, slightly volumized, and mostly frizz-free waves after air-drying. Which is pretty much a miracle for me. Oh, and like a few others have mentioned, this completely blows Aveda Rosemary Mint out of the water, which left my hair a dry, limp, frizzy mess.

Just for reference, I have fine, fragile, shoulder-length wavy hair.

on 8/9/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Don't laugh. I have been using this as a body wash. There aren't many body washes out there with mint in them. I tried the Burt's Bees one and there isn't any lather and quite expensive for what it is and dried my skin out. Lots of lather with this one and so refreshing on a hot summer day. It is also great removing deodorant residue and for cleaning tired and sweaty feet. I did tried it for my hair but it made my sensitive scalp itch, so I re-purposed this as a body wash....Great stuff!

An excellent reason why one doesn't need to spend 25-30 dollars on one bottle of salon brand shampoo to get great results.
Suave Professionals is an example of why drugstore brands can and do work.
I love the Rosemary and Mint formula. It cleanses gently yet thoroughly,doesn't dry your hair out,has a pleasant herbal scent (An absolute relief from all those fruit cocktail smelling brands that have been saturating the market since the 1990's) and rinses clean. And you can get the set (accompanying conditioner) for 3.79 at Target. If only they would make a hairspray...

I like the scent. Almost reminds me of incense. Very minty and clean. I think its a decent clarifying type shampoo, but it can be very drying and stripping. It doesnt claim to be moisturizing so i guess thats fine. Too drying for me but my boyfriend has been using it and he really likes the smell. Also really cheap so thats nice.

on 4/21/2016 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have very few criteria for shampoo. First, it must smell good (or be unscented), not like a Jolly Rancher candy or a flowery perfume. Second, it can't have Sodium Laurel Sulfate because it irritates my skin (Sodium Laureth Sulfate is ok). Third, it has to cleanse my oily scalp without stripping my hair, and not leave a residue.

Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint Shampoo has ticked all these boxes for me. It out performs Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two, a "clarifying" formula that left my hair flat and lifeless. It is more balanced than Matrix Biolage Normalizing Shampoo, which is ok for very humid conditions when my scalp is more oily, but not a good everyday shampoo. It has a pleasant herbal scent that is not overpowering and does not linger once my hair is dry. And best of all, it cleans well without leaving my hair too greasy or too dry. To top it off, the price is great. What is not to like?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i am very fussy with shampoos...they must be lightly scented, add volume to my thick but fine and oily hair and not strip the red hair color i use. i really like this shampoo. the scent is so lite and clean. it lathers well and gets my hair clean and full. it is a transparent not creamy shampoo so unless you use a bit of conditioner it will tangle. it doesn't strip my hair color anymore than any shampoo for color treated or dry hair. it comes in a huge bottle for a cheap price. ITS NOT MADE FOR DRY HAIR SO MAYBE THATS WHY ALL THE BAD REVIEWS. many shampoos CLAIM to be made for oily hair but just make it greasier accept for this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Thought I already reviews this???
Scent is just ok. I do not find it refreshing at all or stimulating.
It did not cleanse my hair well and left it dull and tangles.
My hair was more oily and stringy looking.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love this shampoo.💖 It smells minty fresh, cleans my hair very well, doesn't dry my hair out as much, and the beneficial ingredients (such as eucalyptus, spearmint, aloe, rosemary, jojoba oils) are much higher up the list. And at less than $2, who can't beat that? Try it for yourself.

on 11/12/2015 8:06:00 AM

This shampoo is Suave's dupe of Aveda's Rosemary Mint, a shampoo whose fragrance I love, but which is not kind to my hair (it's just too stripping). This Suave version is a good alternative for me because it's not nearly so stripping. I think the Aveda is really only going to work for those with oily hair, whereas this shampoo was just fine for my normal to dry hair. It lathers up well, doesn't create tangles or make hair excessively dry. It's also super cheap, which is delightful. As for the scent, this is where the Suave version falls kind of flat. It's not an exact dupe of Aveda. I don't even think it's super close. The Aveda smells like rosemary and peppermint essential oils. You can tell there's real mint in there because it tingles on the scalp. This had no tingling effect, and the scent smelled like it was made with fragrance oils, rather than essential oils. It's still a pleasant fragrance, don't get me wrong, but it's not as nice as the Aveda. Also, I miss the tingle. In sum, for my hair, this is a better formula, but not nearly as nice of a scent.