Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 6/14/2018 9:14:00 AM

there is absolutely no reason for this to be as expensive as it is.
like, the formula is good and the ingredients are fine, it does what it's supposed to do, but the 110 dollar price tag is such a scam.
any old exoliating lactic acid serum will do just fine, you can get the same thing from paula's choice or even the ordinary for much much cheaper. i highly doubt the plant extracts in this do anything, and they could even irritate your skin.
i guess if you're just really rich and want to blow money for no reason, it's good. the packaging is cute.

I love how my skin responds to this. I will splurge from time to time to buy more, but it’s typically beyond my budget, sadly.

on 6/3/2018 4:48:00 PM

It’s a win for my aging skin.

on 5/25/2018 8:44:00 AM

I’ve repurchased this item three times because I ‘ thought’ it was doing wonders for my skin. I initially loved it and then it kind of plateaud for me. It never did a thing for dark marks, acne or scarring. The only thing it seemed to do was keep me a bit plump and keep acne at bay. These things do not justify the absurd price of a bottle. I run out of the 110.00$ bottle in 2.5 months.

I think I’m going to rebuy some MUAC Lactic acid and go from there. Cheaper and no essential oils to bother the skin.

Edit: Have recently started using The Ordinarys Vitamin C Serum with Maya Chia Super couple Serum and the red marks that Good Genes failed to obliterate? Almost gone! It’s incredible how fast these two comparatively inexpensive products helped out.

Also just finished my bottle of Good Genes, the second largest, after two months of use. I track usuage in a journal to record how long a product lasts and this stuff, I feel, should last just a bit longer for cost.

on 5/16/2018 5:57:00 AM

The first time I used this I was honestly blown away and then....cystic acne. I got an absolute whopper on my cheek which took ages to go. So it’s a no from me I’m afraid

on 5/2/2018 11:53:00 PM

This product was a swing and a miss for me. I was really excited to try it because of all the rave reviews, but once I started applying it - it did nothing for my skin. I had just ended using a different serum and my skin was looking amazing. I thought Sunday Riley was going to turn my level 8 skin into a 10. But after a few weeks of using this I noticed my texture was coming back as well as some pigmentation that had decreased with my other skincare routine. I could tell there was acne forming, but it wouldn’t surface. It also made my holy grail foundation sit poorly on my skin, primarily settling in my pores. I had never had that problem before.

Finally, I decided to stop using this and go back to my other serum. My skin is currently in a purge and I am breaking out like crazy. I never have had a breakout this severe, but knew it was going to happen after I went back to my regular products that increase cell turnover. I could tell by the texture of my skin while on Sunday Riley .... something was festering under the surface.

Based on how other people have raved about this I really wish it had worked the same for my skin! But at they same time I guess I’m lucky that I know in a couple weeks my skin will be back to normal using a product with a lower price tag!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good all in one serum - for exfoliation, brightening and hydrating. I do really see the radiance in my skin after using it. It smells really strong and i believe it has really strong components inside, sometimes my face stings lil bit using it. But it doesnt bother me. Does not irritate my skin. I'm not too sure about any skin plumping effects tho. After using it sometimes i can also rub some dead skin cells off my face because of the lactic acid. It's expensive, but a real treat for the skin and i will repurchAse it from time to time. One bad thing is the last few drops are so difficult ro get out of the bottle.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Dr Dennis Gross daily peels for a week straight and my chin broke out so badly that I stoped using and got the Good Genes Flash Fix travel set. I have to admit I really like both the clay cleanser and the Good Genes serum! I’m approaching my mid 30’s and never had any skin issues really except the occasional minor break out. my skin is combo more on oily side and I have to say no irratation my pores look so much clearer like others have said blurring effect, face is so soft and tight feeling. I did take 1 💄off due to price as I grabbed the travel set not knowing the full prices. I usually wash my face take makeup off and cleanse then use the serum. I wil stock up on the travel set for now.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is super expensive, but I will definitely buy it again. It smooths my skin out and doesn't really seem to make the dryness worse. It is amazing paired with the Luna oil, obviously, and while the price of that combo hurts my heart it makes my face glow so I will suck it up. The first couple of times I tried this I was so grossed out by the scent, because it smelled a lot like lilies, which of course sometimes smell like cat pee. I guess I have gotten used to it, because now it just smells lightly floral to me. I have dry, acne-prone skin with rosacea, and this is gentle enough that it doesn't make any of those problems worse. The packaging is very nice as well, and the smaller bottle will probably last about six months for me.

on 3/21/2018 8:54:00 PM

Do you want a glycolic acid cure? Go for Chanel Le Weekend, this is nothing close to Chanel’s sleek formula where there is nothing superfluous!