Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 3/27/2017 8:21:00 AM

This is a horrible product. It dried out my skin so much that I look 5 years older. In addition, it gave me pimples and weird bumpy patches in a few areas of my face. This one is going back to Sephora. I won't bother with SR products again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this product and that's all the good I have to say about it. This has several very comedogenic ingredients in it, and I didn't bother to find that out until a week after using it. It clogged up my pores terribly after the 1st use. I thought my skin was just purging, but nope. If you're prone to breakouts or clogged pores, stay FAR AWAY from this. NOT worth the price tag anyway. I tried 3 different products by Sunday Riley, and they have all broken me out and clogged my pores. Better products are out there (with lactic acid and so forth) and for much better prices. I got this as a free sample at Sephora, so I wasted no money.

on 3/15/2017 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have tried many AHA products by Paula's Choice and Obagi, this one is way better at plumping, exfoliating, giving your face a glow. Love it.

on 3/9/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this straight for two months every night
and have seen NO results. I am currently trying out lactic acid by the Ordinary. Will update this product.

Sunday Riley good genes is an AHA exfoliant containing lactic acid . I see a drastic improvement in my acne prone skin . Was bit skeptical to try this product bcoz I tend to easily breakout with many product. Read a lots of reviews from various blogs and sites and decided to give it a shot. Well I am happy that I went ahead with it . I use it only at night times and I wake up to a glowy skin in the mornings , acne has reduced and the existing acne scars are fading . While using an AHA exfoliant u should always wear a sunscreen in the mornings which I follow. This is a definitely a keeper .

on 2/25/2017 7:39:00 AM

I am new to the chemical exfoliant scene and I was hoping to see smoother skin and fine lines disappearing before my eyes. I saw nothing. I used this in conjunction with the blue, stinky dead fish oil they call Luna and nothing happened. My skin is as it was months ago. What a waste of money and time. Don't do what I did.

I regret to inform you that this pricy treatment actually works. I put 1-2 pumps and I could actually see my fine lines immediately plumping. When I woke up the next day, my skin texture was refined - fewer bumpies, tigher pores. No irritation whatsoever. The price of this product makes me die a little inside, but I wait for the bi-annual sales at Sephora to save some $$.

on 2/12/2017 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this stuff but damn it's pricey!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't work anymore?
I was completely new to chemical exfoliants before purchasing this product. I bought this in the set that also has the Luna oil so I felt a little more justified when it came to spending $85 or however much it was. When I first used Good Genes, I used at night I thought my face was going to burn off. It scared me to death, it hurt and made my skin red! But let me tell you when I woke up the next morning my skin was probably the softest it's ever been in my life. And it was glowing and radiant. I thought WOW. I was willing to put up with the burning if I was seeing results like that. I didn't want to over due it so I decided I was only going to use this twice a week. So second application comes around and....nothing. No burning, no waking up to beautiful skin, all I did was put on a serum that smells like lemongrass that did next to nothing. So what gives? I tried shaking it really vigorously to see if that would help but I just can't get it to do its magic anymore. I've moved on now and am trying other exfoliants so this is just sitting collecting dust. Really dissapointed for spending so much money on two products that get rave reviews.

on 1/25/2017 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I use this when my face feels dull. Not for everyday. I've used other lactic acids that make my nose red. This works well for my skin. But, I'm sure there's a dupe that's less expensive. I stick with it because my skin reacts as it should.