Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do not understand how this product works or if it, alone, is responsible for the change in my skin over the past month, but so far so good.

Yes, it smells, but that sour-like odor fades within five minutes. It hasn't faded any of the dark freckles (sun spots?) that I have on the high points of my face and my décolletage and I haven't noticed my pores getting any smaller, but **my overall skin tone seems more even and my whole face and neck looks as though I'm wearing some kind of primer or tinted moisturizer.** I've received more compliments on my skin in the past two weeks than I think I have in my entire life.

I've given this only four lippies because of its exorbitant price and the over-the-top and wasteful packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! But IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! I am on my second bottle. My first bottle was from the sample set that came with the Luna sleeping oil. It worked so nicely on my oily acne scarred skin I has to by a new one (I bough the small one instead of the big one thou). You only need one pump in my opinion for the whole face. I concentrate it where I have scars, bumps, and acne. You will see it work right away within either the next morning or the first three days of use. I suggest only using it at night since it is an exfoliate. It will make your other product on top of it ball up if you rub it so use a tapping motion for your other product after you apply it. It does smell funky but it goes away with in minutes. The packaging is great has a pump but I wish it has a cover. It only has a close/open twist pump I would rather have it have a cap to be more travel friendly. I really don't want to be without this product it has helped improved my skin so much, but it is so pricey. I will continue to buy it if it is in my budget.

on 5/26/2017 10:14:00 PM

I'm so glad I only had a sample pack of this. I've heard incredible things of what it does to your skin. I just couldn't get past the smell. It was that bad! I will stick to my lactic acid from the ordinary which may be milder but works well too.

on 5/17/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had such high hopes for this (as I always do of exfoliants, none of which, I might add, have ever come up to my expectations). (Maybe I should just take the Visa by the horns and go and get my face lasered.)

No, it didn't transform my skin. It DID exfoliate, yes - after a couple of weeks of use, I started noticing peeling round my ears and hairline. (At which point I bought a konjac sponge. I will say, the combination of konjac sponge and this seemed to bring about some slight improvements.) The texture of my skin was a LITTLE finer, perhaps, and the winter flakiness round my nose disappeared. That's about it. Little lines - still fully in evidence. Aging visibly - yes, alas.

The smell is - not great, a sharp, acrid chemical citrus. It burns on the skin occasionally, though not to any extreme degree. No adverse reactions.

For the price, it also didn't last very long. I was through the 1 oz bottle in less than a month, which is a deal too quick for something that cost $135. I will say, though, that unlike most of these pump-type bottles, this one did dispense almost the very last drop of product into my waiting fingers.

on 5/9/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Pros: Its a gentle exfoliant that does it job well. "Gentle" being the key word. Don't expect a miracle overnight. After a week of using it, I could see my skin getting clearer. I suppose it is a good product for someone with sensitive skin that can't tolerate more aggressive exfoliation treatment.

Cons:
a. Too pricey. I purchased the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial which worked as a mask and did the same job within 30 mins, that this Good Genes took in 1-2 weeks. Plus the fact that when I am using the Good Genes, I couldn't apply anything else fancy like my repair serums before going to bed.
b. It stinks like the rehydrated bamboo shoots you get in the ramen. Or otherwise described as a strong "pee" smell. It lasts through the night. So if this is not a problem for you, go for it!

Good Genes is the only thing that has dramatically reduced my hyper pigmentation and skin texture. I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first bottle and I'm so impressed with how my face looks. I have pretty hardy skin so I'm able to apply it and leave it on all day/night with no adverse reactions. Before using this product, it would take 6+ months for a red mark to disappear from my face. Those lingering red marks are all but gone now (I started using GG mid March). I also had pretty bumpy skin around my chin that is now 90% clear. The only downside is the price point. $150 for a face treatment is a bit steep but if it works, I'm willing to pay that amount.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've never considered my skin product-sensitive. So I was very surprised with a couple days after using this, I had an extreme reaction and got contact irritant dermatitis all over my face. I was red, bumpy ALL over (I had no area that was smooth) and it was painful to the touch.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I didn't want to like this because of the price to be honest, but I think I am already hooked. I have to say I've only used this for about 2 weeks, so this review might be edited in a few weeks!
It has a terrible smell!
After work I wash and cleanse my face then apply this so it can sit on my face for a few hours then I moisturizer and seriously the next day, I'd don't know my skin just look kind of nice.
It's not magic, I don't look 22 , but I have a little bit of a glow like maybe I get Botox but I don't. I plan to use this about 2 x a week.
I always kind of judge skincare by bad reactions, as long as I don't get a bad reaction I'm mostly satisfied. I am so sure I can find a lactic acid serum for a lot less,but for now I'll stick with this brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely re-purchase pricy skin care products. My skin is so sensitive, oily, and acne prone. I just purchased a second bottle of this liquid magic. My skin looks so much better and hasn't been breaking out. My skin purged during the first week but cleared after that. This stuff is totally worth the cost. I love the lemongrass scent. It's lovely!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I always have problems with acne and acne scars..it comes and go, but these last few months have been hell! My skin have never broke out this bad before! I have uncountable scars and when one pimple dries out, another came out! I tried so many acne treatment from so many brands with no apparent improvement. I've been intrigued by a lot of rave review on this product, but the price really puts me off. But im really desperate on finding something that works on my skin, so i took the plunge and i couldnt be happier! Within the first week of using, most of the old pimple dries out and there havent been any new ones since! The old scars seem to fade and my face looks brighter. I do use this in conjunction with martian toner! Love that one also! Really recommend this product!