Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 8/16/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this as part of the "Power Couple Duo" value set at Sephora, which included a small bottle of Good Genes and the Luna oil. I liked the combination, which made my dry skin very soft and moisturized. I could feel Good Genes "working" the first few times I applied it (slight tingling sensation) but I didn't notice any real difference in the clarity or tone of my skin. I was also frustrated by the difference in the amount of each product you get in the value set, as I ran out of Good Genes waaaay before I ran out of Luna. Overall, I think lactic acid is an amazing chemical exfoliant, but you can probably find an equally good lactic acid product for less money elsewhere.

on 7/26/2017 12:49:00 PM

Yes. This stuff is insanely priced. $105 for 1 oz and $158 for a 1.7 oz. HOWEVER it is worth every single penny!!! This product changed my life and improved my self esteem. I have melasma which is hyper pigmentation (dark patches of skin) on my forehead, upper lip, and cheeks and I really struggled with the way it made me feel about myself. I couldn't even cover it with makeup! I also have some kind of hyperexfoliation on my nose where it peels constantly. Even my dermatologist doesn't have a clear answer for what it is and the topicals weren't doing anything so I figured I would call in the big guns. Chemical exfoliators. Lactic acid (Good Genes) glycolic acid (Drunk Elehant T.L.C night serum) and ferulic acid (Dr Dennis Gross products) to name a few. After sampling a few of these acids I found that the lactic acid completely resolved my flakey peeling nose and my melasma is much much lighter. I have been using this with the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil that contains retinol and I believe this combination is the key to my skincare woes. You can buy a set of these two called Power Couple 0.5 oz each at Sephora.com for $85. The Luna Oil itself is $55 for 0.5 oz and $105 for 1 oz. So if you want to give them a try this set is the way to go. I used up the Good Genes before the oil so I might buy the duo again when I need more Luna Oil. I cannot say enough good things about what these products have done for me! Give it a try I promise you won't regret it!!!

on 7/18/2017 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think it's a great product but I removed a lippie because it is soo expensive and the smell can be a bit off putting. I have to give a warning to new users who may be reading my review before buying it. when I first tried it I thought I was allergic to it because my face felt itchy and I saw some raised red bumps forming. I kept using it anyway but changed the amount. I realize it was due to two things: my skin went through the 'initial purge' and I started off with too much (one full pump). the bumps went away in two days, and I continued to use the product but only quarter to a half of a pump. I now enjoy the product and I see my face is smooth and glowing (not greasy). I think 30ml is adequate since I use only upto half pump. so the takeaway message is to start little otherwise your face will get very irritated from the acid!

Using this with the Luna Sleeping Night oil, it's been a few days but so far it has made my skin so soft and clear. Any breakout I had or could feel coming would be gone by the morning. My pores also seem to look smaller. Will give a proper update in a few weeks, but so far so good!

I fell for this product right away. It improved my skin tone and texture. It gave me a dewy glow. I had fewer breakouts while using it. But I went through this product so quickly, and I can't justify the price despite how well it works. I have found some very affordable alternatives that give me the same, if not better, results. If you have no concerns with the price, go ahead and enjoy this! But if you're sane enough not to spend an arm and a leg for one product, there are better alternatives out there!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I couldn't work why I couldn't get any product out of this do opened the bottle to find a TUBE inside that the pump was connected to.

Not going to buy again. What a rip off.

on 6/27/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was hesitant to try Sunday Riley due to the price but took the plunge due to the raves I heard. I have NC42 skin prone to hyperpigmentation, some aging issues with loss of brightness/dullness, and occasional outbreaks with combination skin (normal to oily t-zone, dry elsewhere). Before trying this I admit my skin was not bad. However I was blown away by how much better this product make my skin in 2 weeks. I have used for 2 months now about 3-4 times a week (using Luna oil or Tidal on other days) and my skin is balanced, my hyperpigmentation is gone, and my skin looks healthy and bright. I haven't had a break out in over a month and when early in use they threatened, they were magically wiped away in 1-2 days by this product. I honestly don't remember my skin ever looking this good, and given I am in my 40s I am impressed to say the least.

Do I wish it were cheaper? Sure, but it works wonderfully for me. It will be a skincare staple for me. I do wish the packaging were less wasteful so you can really get every drop out but I appreciate the pump sealed dispenser to keep the product active and not having to dip in.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do not understand how this product works or if it, alone, is responsible for the change in my skin over the past month, but so far so good.

Yes, it smells, but that sour-like odor fades within five minutes. It hasn't faded any of the dark freckles (sun spots?) that I have on the high points of my face and my décolletage and I haven't noticed my pores getting any smaller, but **my overall skin tone seems more even and my whole face and neck looks as though I'm wearing some kind of primer or tinted moisturizer.** I've received more compliments on my skin in the past two weeks than I think I have in my entire life.

I've given this only four lippies because of its exorbitant price and the over-the-top and wasteful packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! But IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! I am on my second bottle. My first bottle was from the sample set that came with the Luna sleeping oil. It worked so nicely on my oily acne scarred skin I has to by a new one (I bough the small one instead of the big one thou). You only need one pump in my opinion for the whole face. I concentrate it where I have scars, bumps, and acne. You will see it work right away within either the next morning or the first three days of use. I suggest only using it at night since it is an exfoliate. It will make your other product on top of it ball up if you rub it so use a tapping motion for your other product after you apply it. It does smell funky but it goes away with in minutes. The packaging is great has a pump but I wish it has a cover. It only has a close/open twist pump I would rather have it have a cap to be more travel friendly. I really don't want to be without this product it has helped improved my skin so much, but it is so pricey. I will continue to buy it if it is in my budget.

on 5/26/2017 10:14:00 PM

I'm so glad I only had a sample pack of this. I've heard incredible things of what it does to your skin. I just couldn't get past the smell. It was that bad! I will stick to my lactic acid from the ordinary which may be milder but works well too.