Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.7

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Dr Dennis Gross daily peels for a week straight and my chin broke out so badly that I stoped using and got the Good Genes Flash Fix travel set. I have to admit I really like both the clay cleanser and the Good Genes serum! I’m approaching my mid 30’s and never had any skin issues really except the occasional minor break out. my skin is combo more on oily side and I have to say no irratation my pores look so much clearer like others have said blurring effect, face is so soft and tight feeling. I did take 1 💄off due to price as I grabbed the travel set not knowing the full prices. I usually wash my face take makeup off and cleanse then use the serum. I wil stock up on the travel set for now.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is super expensive, but I will definitely buy it again. It smooths my skin out and doesn't really seem to make the dryness worse. It is amazing paired with the Luna oil, obviously, and while the price of that combo hurts my heart it makes my face glow so I will suck it up. The first couple of times I tried this I was so grossed out by the scent, because it smelled a lot like lilies, which of course sometimes smell like cat pee. I guess I have gotten used to it, because now it just smells lightly floral to me. I have dry, acne-prone skin with rosacea, and this is gentle enough that it doesn't make any of those problems worse. The packaging is very nice as well, and the smaller bottle will probably last about six months for me.

on 3/21/2018 8:54:00 PM

Do you want a glycolic acid cure? Go for Chanel Le Weekend, this is nothing close to Chanel’s sleek formula where there is nothing superfluous!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bought it on Amazon and I'm not impressed. This stuff broke me out!

on 3/21/2018 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has completely revamped my skin. I used to get pimples and breaks out at least once a week (not bad, but it was annoying red spots) and always had dark circles under my eyes. Since using this and the ordinary retinoid granactive 2% my skin is amazing. I've been using it for almsot 3 months now. It gave me smoother more even skin. I almost never break out (if it I do, its small and gone within the day). My dark circles are lighter and it has faded my acne scars. It has also reduced some fine lines I had

Soooo expensive but it has made my skin completely different. 100% would repurchase. I have normal-oily skin - may not be suitable for dry skin I think.

on 2/22/2018 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I drank the Sunday Riley kool aid and now I’m drunk. I love this stuff, my skin has done a 180. No breakouts, more even looking skin, and scars from old breakouts are fading. I’ve tried so many AHAs and BHAs before but nothing has ever worked as well and fast as this. Yes it does smell terrible, like baby upchuck but all acids smell bad IME. The price is ridiculous but I will repurchase because it has worked so well for me.

...did the woman at Sephora give me the wrong sample or does this smell like a fresh porta-pot? I'd better wake up with skin that looks like a baby's a$$, because this stuff smells noxious. Holy cow how does that go unmentioned in the positive reviews? And how did this scent get past initial focus groups??

on 2/5/2018 9:22:00 AM

I love this product! I have used it for many years. It is one of the best lactic acid treatments out there. While using this product every other night I notice several improvements to my skin. It gives my skin a nice glow, lines and wrinkles look less noticeable. I also notice a reduction in dark spots from acne. The packaging is great and keeps ingredients fresh with the easy to use pump. I can't say enough good things about good genes. It really is a must have product.

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

on 1/27/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased a bottle of Good Genes after liking the results from a deluxe sample from Sephora. It’s expensive at $110CAD. The lactic acid provides a deep exfoliation, but the smell of the product is pretty revolting. While my skin did see some resurfacing results, the lactic acid stings and my skin really started getting red and blotchy. I prefer a good AHA peel than using this serum daily. I won’t be repurchasing.

on 1/23/2018 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mind-Blowing. This product gave me instant overnight results, and after one week of use, nightly, i noticed that all my pores were cleared up, or clogged pores were very easily extracted (with no pain or struggle.) I use it sparingly because of the price, and now, instead of every night i use it a few times a week. Pricey but worth it. Will continue to buy as long as it is on the market. Remarkable product.