John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

on 4/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Funny thing is it reads just a "detangler" and I find it to be one of the best heavy-duty conditioning treatments! I absolutely love the ingredients' list: the fact that aloe vera comes first and that there are no silicones. No heavy stuff in here, but it helps tame my frizzy, fine, porous, overcoloured hair. I leave it for 2-3 minutes then rinse out. My aim is: straight, shiny hair, no frizz - and this product delivers! When I use typical repairing masks, results are similar but my hair is weighed down and quickly starts looking greasy. I never have this problem with this detangler! The scent is very gentle, I expected it to be more citrusy, though.

on 3/3/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! It's perfect for my damaged hair, makes it soft and shiny. Recommend this for all the girls ;)

I used this as my conditioner and let it sit on my hair for around 5 to 10 minutes during my pregnancy ( Thanks to my daughter, I started using all Organics/ natural hair/skin care products since I found out I was pregnant ). My hair became so smooth and looked healthy and shine. Overall, I liked it but it was not the best I used.

on 10/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Impressive as a leave in conditioner and rinse out, although my hair needs a lot. It has good slip and adds softness. It does not drag out my curls or make them feel like there is residue. I will certainly run through a bottle quickly since my hair is long. I like the ingredient list and the fact that this can be found at my local Whole Foods and Ulta.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Okay, I guess. Hasn't made any great impression on me or my hair.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Now this is a detangler! My problem like most fine hair girls with a lot of hair, it's fine, but it tangles like a nightmare. I used to use kinky curly detangler but the problem is that it is a rinse out doesn't detangle as well and when I get out the shower I have to re detangle! I use a moisturizing conditioner, blow dry but use a heat protection, I don't color- so my hair is decently healthy. I have a oily scalp so I recommend with those with my hair to not use it on the scalp. I had tried the peppermint dentagler and did not like it. I use this detangler with my "wet brush." but also bust out the wide tooth comb or denmen brush if the knots are really bad.

on 1/27/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying to shorten my shower routine, and I have been trying to switch over to all natural/organic beauty products. So when it came time to buy a new conditioner, this seemed like the perfect choice. I use it as a leave-in. It is pricey; there's no denying that, but I use such a small amount that I expect the 8 oz. bottle to last at least 3 months. I have very thick/frizzy/wavy chest-length hair.

I think part of the reason I love this so much is that it does exactly what it says it will do. It detangles my hair and conditions it. My hair felt softer after only the first use. It is by no means a miracle product though. I've seen reviews where people say they're disappointed because it doesn't tame their frizz. Where does it say frizz tamer? It's a leave-in conditioner. That's it. It's not an oil or a serum or a cream or anything meant to tame frizz or give you bouncy curls. You will have to use other products with this. That being said, this product does what it says it will do well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think this conditioner/detangler would be great for those with fine hair that don't want their to be weighed down and that don't have a severe frizzy hair or flyaways problem.
Unfortunately, my hair is very thick and terribly frizzy at times and this product couldn't tame the mane. I had to use more of this to have my hair conditioned and even after that, I needed to use a leave-in conditioner. That might be because the shampoo I used before this was the Alaffia Neem & Shea shampoo which is quite drying but, I know that even with other shampoos, I didn't feel like this nourished my dry hair like I was hoping it would. This conditioner is a little too light for me.
It's a shame because it is a costly product. I like the simple packaging and it doesn't have a bad scent for a natural product. But, I learned that I need a heavy-duty conditioner that can moisturize without weighing my hair down to the trick and this wasn't it. The search continues!

This was a mediocre conditioner. It did its job to detangle my hair in the shower and has a pleasant scent that isn't overpowering. Despite only using this on the ends of my hair, it felt like it was weighing down my hair. It also left a feeling as though my hair isn't completely clean even though I always thoroughly rinse it out. I give the company props for trying to use natural/organic ingredients and that's always a plus. Definitely not something I would repurchase again.

on 8/21/2013 7:34:00 PM

Okay so I have only used up a sample but I already have the full packaging in my basket on naturisimo and I just loved loved loved this product even though I only had the tiny sample.

My hair is just so lame that I can spend a small fortune and waste half an hour in the morning every day trying to fix it up and yet the effect will last after I leave the house only till I reach our trash bins (50 meters walk from my apartment tops) before my hair goes limp and dull on my head.

Obviously if I ever meet my prince charming it'll have to be within these crucial 50 meters from my apartment when my hair is still okay or he will have to wait till my full bottle of this lovely detangler arrives in my mail.

So what does this do for me: first of all - the smell - yes it's me the lover of strong smells talking! it's not strong and it's not overwhelming but so lovely that I wish I could just spread it all over my pillow and smell it as I fall asleep. More importantly though - my hair is shiny, smooth, it helps with my troublesome fly away hair in a major way and (and I hope this is not just my wishful thinking) but I have a feeling it even adds a bit of volume to my hair.

Overall my hair looks in a pretty good condition and healthy even though my hairdresser managed to slightly burn my hair during my last visit and instead of a nice blond colour I left her place with ugly yellow hair (so I guess "my" hairdresser is not a good expression as I don't plan to revisit). On my damaged ugly hair this really brings amazing results.

I should also add that I used it as a conditioner (rinsed out) and then I added tiny bit on ends of my hair as a leave in.