Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 2/20/2019 2:42:00 PM

This is a great chemical exfoliator. You get quite a lot of product and the price is great. I've tried much more expensive products that don't work nearly as well. This may be too strong for some. When I first started using it, it would sting and tingle. That goes away with consistent use though. I use it a few times a week.

Pros:
Effectively exfoliates
Leaves skin soft and clear
Affordable
Absorbs quickly
Not sticky

Cons:
Might be too strong for some

I will continue to repurchase this!

on 2/20/2019 2:31:00 AM

I’m already on my third bottle of this. Each bottle lasts me for about 4-5 months, and the amount you get is A LOT.

Because this is my daily toner, for a very long time. I kind of forgot which benefits it had to my skin and thought it wasn’t doing anything anymore, so I stopped using it for a while. It was then when I saw how much this toner keeps my skin clear (as I was getting blackheads again all over my T-zone).
Only a few days of using this toner, and my skin feels so much cleaner and decongested, and do I wake up with a very nice glow in the morning.

Would recommend this for everyone with acne-prone skin! I’m not quite sure if this is suitable for sensitive skin, as it does have that chemical exfoliation-sting to it.

on 2/11/2019 7:26:00 AM

An effective and trustworthy exfoliating toner. I love chemical exfoliation, it is the only thing that keeps my combination to oily and congested-prone skin healthy. This toner works really well. I do experience some mild stinging sometimes, so be careful if your skin is sensitive. The bottle is huuuge, I got kind of bored of it. It is unscented and has a mild vinegar-like scent because of the acid content. So I think I'll try something else for now, but you can not beat the effectiveness and price of this one.

on 2/4/2019 4:13:00 PM

Oohh I'm in love with this! This is so good to control skin oilyness, it is so good to be in my skin while I wear this, I use it face and body. It also helps diminish blemishes and bumps on skin. If you use it on a pimple, the pimple will shrink the day after. Despite it's concentration it is very gentle, I have experienced no irritation whatsoever. Just remember wearing lots of sunscreen or/and a hat while on this. Packaging is also terrific, very pratical. It's just a shame it is a liquid, so I have to constantly buy cotton pads to use it, but I can live with that.

i am pretty obsessed with this product. i feel like it makes my skin so young and dewey looking. it really does seem to slough off the top layers and expose a newer, healthier skin underneath. the price can't be beat and i am always amazed how this company manages to create all these amazing products so inexpensively.

I like this toner. Between this, The niacinamide and the salicyclic acid I've seen a major improvement in my skin, it's never looked better. I don't love the way my skin feels after application, but I don't find it irritates, just feels sort of tacky afterwards and I'm not overly fond of that feeling. Overall though though works well with my skin.

on 1/23/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I would have given this a 3/5 instead of a 4 but it's probably the best ordinary products I've used so far. It reduces my acne the next morning, and it prevents PIH. I bought this to help with my overall skin tone because of hyperpigmentation patches and sun damage but it targeted other problems I wasn't intending to address. It does a decent job at adding a glow but it takes a long time gradually fade my patches and old PIH. I'm giving it a 4 for preventing acne and preventing PIH. Plus the price point is great.

on 1/5/2019 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

THIS. JUST. WORKS. Better than Pixi Glow Tonic, too. I have been using this for a few months now and only at night. I use a different toner for day. This on a cotton pad means I wake with noticeably smoother skin the next morning. It also helps keep pimples at bay, minimizes pimples that have already come to a head too. I love how cheap this is, have already purchased a backup and I want to tell you that this lasts a long time. It also removes blackheads from my nose. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/29/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this to try because I'm a college student and if you've been to college, you know that the academic rigour sucks all life and light from you and your skin. My skin was looking kinda dull and 3 months after using this daily (in conjunction with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid + The Ordinary's Cold Pressed 100% Marula oil)... I glow like the sun. Great stuff!!!

It does leave a little tingly sensation on my skin a couple of seconds after I apply it, but I've gotten used to it and the sensation fades quickly. Every night, I apply this using a cotton pad on my face and neck as the first step after my double cleanse. It helps to remove whatever dirt is left on my face and has definitely helped to even out my skin tone. It has also helped my skin look clearer and more radiant :) However, it hasn't helped very much with my blackheads on my nose, but given that this is an AHA, I don't really expect it to do very much for my grossly congested nose pores. Those suckers have been in there for too long and I'll have to use something stronger for them.

That said, this toner hasn't broken me out and I will be repurchasing this once I'm done! It's incredibly affordable and worth every cent, and I'd definitely recommend it to a friend who's looking for a gentle exfoliator which can be used on a daily basis.

on 12/2/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

ok...SO...my age is right out of the ball-park with what's listed here, so my review is based on someone in their late 50s with decent skin condition.
My skin condition declined somewhat after menopause and using cheaper skin-care products. Although I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin was quite red and blotchy with a couple of dry spots.
After returning from a lengthy overseas trip, I went to a medical/beauty therapy salon to get some advice. In a short space of time I was able to get my skin to looking hydrated, clear and firm by just using a cleanser, toner, mechanical peeling cream and daily moisturising (I will post my reviews on these products) as well as regular facials.
I must have been under a rock, because I have only recently discovered The Ordinary range. It is a product minefield and I've only added 3 products to my regular skincare regime.
My skin has just settled down and is only slightly pigmented on my cheeks I thought I'd try the Glycolic Acid 7% before going down the IPL route.
It's early days yet (3 weeks) and so far I am happy with how my skin is feeling.
Originally I applied GA7% to my arms, knees and shins as well as my decolletage. Applied once a week and left on my skin for 30 minutes. (Neutralising the acid only requires splashing with water) I pat my skin dry and then apply my body cream.
I have now used the GA7% on my face in the same manner and it has boosted my skin condition quite well. The application is included as part of a weekly evening facial routine. Two days later, I then use my jojoba exfoliating cream.
My moisturiser and body cream are being absorbed into my skin and I am using less product.
As far as the physical attributes of the product go, it does have that sticky feel to it which I use to my advantage. By initially wiping the product on and then using a patting motion as it goes sticky, it helps activate the circulation.
By leaving on for 30 minutes only, I've avoided any irritation and my skin is feeling smooth to the touch.
The GA7% is used in conjunction with TO "Buffet" and TO "Lactic Acid5% + HA" as well as my general skin care products.