Kevyn Aucoin - The Art of Makeup (Uploaded by HunieBzzz)

4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

Apr/09/2012

I love Kevyn Aucoin, but this is the one of his books that I really didn't like. I didn't like the photos and I just didn't find the content very interesting. Making Faces and Face Forward are way better than The Art of Makeup. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

May/02/2010

I have all of KA's books.. they are the like Bible's to me.

The fact is he was a master MUA and his work will live on forever ~~ everyone can learn from just looking at the photography.

A must read for every one who loves makeup.

About reviewer (945 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

May/02/2010

I bought this book several months ago used on Amazon. Kevyn has always been my favorite makeup artist. Even though it doesn't share a lot of techniques, they are still relevant today and the pictures are amazing!

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

Oct/03/2007

I feel sooooo bad saying this .. but I really didn't find this book helpful or interesting. I thought it was mostly just stories about celebs he's worked with and how he met them. I feel soo so so bad because I love Kevyn but really just didn't like this book. I didn't think there was enough info in it....

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (349 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

May/05/2007

I bought this book when it originally came out in 1994. I own all four Kevyn Aucoin books. Perhaps this one is my favorite. As it has been pointed out in prior reviews, there aren't a lot of makeup tips in this book (or in any of KA books.) Kevyn Aucoin was known to guard his techniques vigilantly. That was his right, of course. I wonder, if he had known that his life was going to end to …Read more

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

Apr/03/2006

I've been a Kevyn Aucoin fan for many, many years. All of his books are my prized possessions! I have learned so much from this lovely man. He was gone far too soon. The Art of Makeup is his first book, and it's simply beautiful. There are not a lot of "how-to's" in this book - but it is an amazing example of how incredible this man's work was. This book is …Read more

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

Sep/26/2005

I finally got this from the library. It is fun to read and beautiful to look at. I have loved Kevyn Aucoin's work since I first saw it in the late '80s--his "look" was so lovely and different from what was trendy then. In looking at this book, I realized I have really picked up a lot of his philosophy over the years--his love of neutral eye shadows and pinky brown lip colors …Read more

About reviewer (290 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

Jul/04/2005

A gorgeous, HUGE book. If you but the paperback, be careful or the cover will pull off, as the pages are so heavy. This is truly great for anyone trying to achieve a masterful, artist's look.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBrunette

Dec/09/2004

Oh my God- such a great makeup book! All 3 of his books were perfect for learning technique as well as being "coffee table books" for beauty. Please, read all three and get what u can from them. Aucoin had a unique, yet universal vision, and all 3 books show that! You will learn how to apply makeup, and also how to express yourself!

About reviewer (279 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

Sep/22/2003

This is the ultimate makeup book for makeup enthusiasts. It's so complete and very helpful. I wish I had this book before I started to fiddle around with makeup because it would have saved me a lot of time. I still have a lot to learn but now I have a more complete understanding about the application of makeup and what works for different skin tones and age ranges. *Platinum Star*

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29