CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe  Moisturizing Cream
Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

on 7/2/2017 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for two years now and I can safely say that it's my HG moisturizer. It's thick but not goopy or greasy, absorbs really quickly, is full of great stuff, makes my skin look and feel awesome, plays nice with other products, and is extremely affordable if you buy it from the right places. The Costco-sized tub lasts me about a year with nightly use (face/neck only). Something you'll want to know before trying is that there are versions with and without pump dispenser lids. The regular lid kind of sucks but I'd still buy it if I had no choice. This review is of the pump version, which rules.

I would describe my skin as sensitive, on the dry side, and moderately prone to acne. I haven't had a bad breakout in years since making the switch to gentle and basic products like this one, just the odd tiny hormonal pimple on my chin here and there. Everything looks healthy and even and glow-ey. Granted I switched up my diet around the same time so there are some confounding variables, but I'll eat my hat if this isn't the best everyday moisturizer I've ever tried. I have a LOT of favorite moisturizers that I still use in conjunction with this, but they all have their own minor issues - typically they're either heavy, or have fragrance, or are too weak to use without layering an occlusive on top, or feel slippery and don't sink in fast enough - but this one has nothing like that going on. It's just lowkey perfect. As long as you get the pump version.

Cerave cream is simple, noncomedogenic, non irritating, and generally a great price. My acne treatments can leave my skin dry, and when that happens I take a night off from them and just pile Cerave's moisturizing cream on my face and go to bed. In the morning my skin is much less flaky and dry but with no new pimples. This is pretty much my skin's recovery cream that I know is safe for my face (and for anywhere else it might be needed). Sometimes good things actually do come in plain packages, and the Cerave moisturizing cream is much superior to the lotion for my occasionally arid skin.

on 4/22/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have repurchased many times. I am prone to hives and milia and have combination skin, tending towards dry. This is perfect for winter. I also use the SA cream. Pump with tub is essential. It sinks in and isn't greasy. Can be worn under make up. I think it makes my skin more matte. Has also saved my skin when I go overboard with glycolic or retinol products. I do not like cerave lotion and prefer to use Vaseline intensive Care advanced repair unscented when I want a lighter formulation. I have also tried Curel hydra therapy and like it when applied sparingly on dry skin - I sometimes sprinkle a bit of water to 'activate.' FYI, this cream does contain petroleum, so if that is an issue, then you should not purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'd resisted for a long time because the packaging is kind of ugly and utilitarian and nothing could be THAT good, right? I can't believe the change in my skin since I've started using this. I have very sensitive skin and months ago it was painfully dry and peeling from a harsh winter and a devastating loss that left me constantly crying. Within the first day I could already tell a difference. And now, months later my skin is far better than it's ever been. It is also extremely affordable for the sheer size you get.

on 3/17/2017 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Most glycerin and dimethicone based products break me out after a while and I was getting desperate for a facial moisturizer that agreed with my skin. I normally have combo skin but it gets painfully dry in the cooler, drier months. Mac's moisture cream works well but the smell can be overwhelming and it lingers. I picked up a small squeeze tube if this to try from CVS and love it. It absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy residue. Doesn't break me out and gives just the right amount of moisture. It's unscented so I can also use it as an under eye cream without it irritating my eyes and it wears great under my concealer and makeup. I also wear it as a night cream. It's helped clear up some rough dry patches on my cheeks and my skin always looks well hydrated. Ive used a lot of facial moisturizers at every price point and this cheap drugstore find is the best I've used. I don't think its quite moisturizing enough for my dry hands but it helps that it absorbs fast and doesn't leave them greasy. I just ordered the full size tub of this and will transfer the cream to a pump container to avoid the problems that come with jar packaging. I'm not sure why they don't just sell this in larger squeeze tubes.

on 3/13/2017 12:14:00 AM

My HG Moisturizer. I have eczema and very dry skin. I've tried all the lotions out there. Nothing has worked for me except for CeraVe.

on 2/20/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Recommended by my dermatologist, who said you must get the "moisturizing cream" as opposed to their lotions, etc. LOVE it... they only thing that has ever worded for my dry, cracked hands. They now have a tub with a pump and that is definitely the way to go! Expensive, but a tub lasts a year for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The tub lasts forever, first of all! Great to put on after the shower. I use it all over my body and sometimes even on my face and neck. It has good-for-you ingredients and my body likes it. No scent that I can detect. Packaging is solid but I would prefer a pump for sanitation reasons.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I buy the one with the pump from Costco and this helps A LOT with retinol treatments around my mouth where I get dry, flaky skin. It's just a plain cream. No scent.

on 1/13/2017 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very thick but effective moisturizer. Even though its thick, it sinks in after a few minutes and does not leave your skin feeling greasy and tacky. It stings a bit initially but doesnt irritate my skin. The most important thing is it keeps your skin hydrated for hours and not many moisturizers do that. I love it. Repurchasing.