CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

on 11/15/2017 7:22:00 PM

The only moisturizer I've tried that is both super rich and non-greasy. I use it for face and body. It absorbs beautifully after a shower, locks in the moisture, and doesn't cause breakouts.

on 11/10/2017 10:38:00 AM

When I first used this cream, I thought it was pretty blah. It just seemed thick and wasn't as rich/moisturizing as Eucerin's Advanced Repair Lotion, which was my go-to for over 10 years. I'm pretty sure I had a tub sitting around being ignored for close to a year, but then I was watching a dermatologist on youtube who said to apply it to your skin as you're getting out of the shower, while your skin is still wet. When I tried that, it completely changed my life! When everything dries, I am left with the softest skin ever.

It is indeed also great to use dry if you have irritated, itchy, sensitive skin because it will really help repair the skin barrier. For the past 4 months or so, I have been plagued by horrible itchy rashes on my neck. My GP doctor and my dermatologist said it was caused by seasonal allergies/pollen! And it's true that whenever I was having the worst congestion & eye allergy time, my neck would get all itchy, hot and red too. UGH. I started getting paranoid about the amount of hydrocortisone and triamcinalone that I was applying to my neck and how it might be thinning and "aging" the skin there, so several days ago, I started applying the Cerave Moisturizing Cream on my neck pretty much every 2 hours when I had a terrible flareup. It's been 2 days now, and applying this cream repeatedly throughout the day has kept the itchy, red skin at bay.

The only thing that is a bit of a drag about this product is the jar packaging, although I do plan to buy it in the jar with the pump next. At the moment, I use a clean, sanitized medical spatula to transfer several weeks' supply into a squeeze bottle. This way, I have an easy way to dispense the cream when I use it multiple times a day and/or just out of the shower. At the same time, the unused cream in the tub/jar is left undisturbed except for the relatively few times I am resupplying my squeeze bottle.

I would not go a day without this cream. I highly recommend. If you're not impressed applying it on dry skin, try using it on wet/damp skin after bathing.

on 10/2/2017 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

This wonderful for my - Hands !

However the reaction on my face was terrible after about a week
I had and still have small red bite like marks, small raised bumps
and am so itchy that I am using ice to minimise the reaction.
As I have pale skin I look like I have chicken pox!
I am applying MooGood creams
using my aloe vera plant cut spliced and smeared
and using Alaffia Multipurpose Skin Cream over everything.

As we cannot buy this directly in Australia for under $45.00
this was a major purchase and given the reviews thought this
was an answer for a single product purchase without more product after product purchases
Not working -

However - Hands - look terrific - I purchased the large tub with the pump and my hands look plumped, nails moisturised and cuticles no longer dry. Incredible !
I will purchased this again for my - Hands - as these are the best results that I have ever had for my - Hands.
The miracle for my face will have to wait : )

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm shocked I'm practically the only negative review! This honestly did not work out for me at all, and did not even work out for the person I gifted this to

Beware before using this on your face, I got very deep cystic acne (I typically never get cysts).

This didn't moisturize my hands or body that well either. Plain Aveeno lotion does a better job, to be honest. This also gave me body acne (pimples on my shoulders & arm) which is rare for me.

I gave this tub to my dad but he stopped using it and told me it made his skin dry out. I honestly think this is an overrated product. My dermatologist agreed with my opinion, and told me he personally tried several CeraVe products and prefers other brands.

Outstanding facial lotion. One of the few face lotions I trust. I have cystic acne, therefore it can be difficult to fine moisturizers that work for my skin type. I can use this under my makeup and it won't change the consistency or sheer out my coverage. I have been using this lotions for years and when I do not, mainly cause I run out, I can tell an extreme change in my skin. Well worth the price and I would recommend this lotion to all my friends

on 11/3/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin. I previously purchased Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream but found that it didn't absorb well into my skin and ending up discarding the product. I used rich creams such as Pond's Dry Skin Cream and Nivea Creme, and although they felt moisturizing, the scent was overpowering. I purchased CeraVe when I was looking for another cream that contained beneficial ingredients, and found them on sale. The cream absorbs well into my skin and leaves it matte, but if you have a similar skin type, you may need to start incorporating oils in the day time. Nonetheless, this product is often overlooked but it works very well both day time and night time. I highly recommend this product and will continue to repurchase it for a long time!

on 9/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

i have this in a smaller tube........this is great to have when ur skin gets a bit dehydrated or irritated due to climate change or other reasons........but i can only use it for night time cause it's quite heavy and it really help to repair ur moisture barrier so your skin is back to normal.....for me this is more liked night cream instead of a daily moisturizer...i used it one day under makeup and my face got super shinny and foundation slides off my face liked crazy. i don't think my skin will need it every night when it's normal....

Sure to have this around during the cold weather months when heats are on all night which can really drained all the moisture away from your face...!! highly recommended!!!

on 8/22/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite moisturizing cream. I've been using it for at least three years so I feel it's necessary to write a review. It works well underneath makeup and alone. I use it on my face, neck, chest and hands.

Besides the massive amount of moisturizer you get for a very reasonable price, I love the way this Cerave cream feels. It has never broken my skin out either, which is the biggest plus of all.

I use this cream every day, twice a day and can't imagine what I would do without it.

on 8/12/2017 3:42:00 AM

Only moisturizer I've found that actually moisturized my situation. Dry, itchy skin on my calves/legs, gone. Smooth, comfy skin in its place, thank goodness.

I also like the lotion, although for my legs I needed the big guns.

It's also excellent on the backs of my hands and keeps my elbows and cuticles soft.

Cerave is by far underrated - I can't believe I've never heard of it.

I'm into skin care, but can't get past the price tags of some the stuff I see at the drug store.
I found Cerave on Amazon and saw the great reviews. I love this heavy cream. It's super moisturizing. I just got it a month ago, and it's still summer so my skin isn't very dry. Most of year I don't need cream this strong which makes this product great since a little goes a long way! All I need to do is use a cream the size of a quarter because it's so effective!!! I am so happy to have found this! Will repurchase!

Popular Lotions / Creams