CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

on 1/8/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Ugh, this cream burned/stung my skin. Had to wash it off within 30 seconds. Returned it to Walmart and the lady at the counter said it did the same to her sensitive skin. Had much better luck with Curel Fragrance-Free for a ceramide cream/lotion and it's much less expensive. I also use Vanicream products with no problem. FYI, Cerave is now owned by Loreal.

on 1/8/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the creams recommended by my Dermatologist.. I buy this in the 16 oz. jar with the pump for around 12.00.

I've never used this on my face. If I use Cerave on my face I use the facial lotion PM.

This is a very good body moisturizer but it takes a while to show the effects if you have very dry skin. Give it a chance to work. My legs tend to be so dry and this keeps them smooth and silky. It's best to use it right after your bath or shower while your skin is still barely damp. It is good enough on it's own, but I began to add a few drops of NOW Sweet Almond Oil and mix it in my hand then apply and it works MUCH better for me that way. No greasy feeling either. The oil seems to make the Cerave absorb into the skin better. I have no clue why, but t does.

About the product:

Provides 24-hour hydration and helps restore the protective skin barrier with three essential ceramides (1,3,6-II).
Formulated with hyaluronic acid to help retain skin’s natural moisture.
Utilizes patented MVE® controlled-release technology to help replenish ceramides and deliver long lasting moisturization.
Free of fragrance and oil, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and non-irritating
Ideal for normal to dry skin

on 1/5/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was looking for something more moisturising than Sebamed Clear Face gel which does not clog my pores or irritate my senstive acne prone skin which is oily with dry patches. I read so many good reviews and wanted so much to like this.
This Cerave cream not only clogged my pores but also gave me 2 big pimples on my nose. So disappointed. I quickly switched back to Sebamed which calmed my skin down. Now Im back to looking for a better moisturiser. Thank goodness for my Sebamed gel though.

on 1/4/2018 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is literally the best BODY moisturizer I've ever tried (I would never use this one on my face - it feels too heavy for that, and Cerave has moisturizers specifically for the face). I've tried a pretty huge amount of different moisturizers, and this tops all of those: it has truly great ingredients, and it makes my skin super soft and moisturizes very well. I actually really wanted to have a non-scented moisturizer for my body, as it is simply better for the skin - perfume breaks down collagen over time. However, many non-scented moisturizers have a particular smell, but some have it stronger than others. With this one, the smell dissipates quickly, so I'm not left with it on my clothes. I always use moisturizer after showering, but wen I switched to this one, I almost immediately felt my skin go from soft to even softer - I could feel my skin was softer when I was showering, and it wasn't just product coming off - this moisturizer had actually improved my skin :)

BTW, I have this in a pump jar, so, it DOES come in packaging that you don't have to dip your fingers into :)

on 12/27/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to love this. I bought two jars, one for me and one for my mom. On my face it doesn't work, it irritates my eyes in the same way the Cerave PM lotion does, and it triggers breakouts/pimples. I cannot use it on my body either because even though its great at moisturizing and has a matte finish, it clogs my pores. As I write I have closed comedones on my arms, legs, stomach, chest, and HANDS. Like WTF. My mother doesn't use it either. She says its irritating. Maybe she has the same problem around her eyes.

AVOID this if you have acne-prone skin. I love that this has so many replenishing ingredients (ceramides, cholesterol, etc) but I just cannot recommend this to anyone prone to breakouts. Use at your own risk. If you have normal to dry skin not prone to breakouts knock yourself out. The ingredient list is beautiful.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only major gripe I have is the packaging. If more than one person was using this it could get nasty because there is no pump/ squeeze tube. BUT, this is a wonderful moisturizer. Its very thick, but it seems to absorb fairly quickly. I never had any problems breaking out with it. It smells really clean. Its a little pricey but well worth it as I have had this tub for over a year..

This cream is wonderful! I use it along with another face lotion. I will use this cream forever. I am also a fan of the night cream as well!

on 11/15/2017 7:22:00 PM

The only moisturizer I've tried that is both super rich and non-greasy. I use it for face and body. It absorbs beautifully after a shower, locks in the moisture, and doesn't cause breakouts.

on 11/10/2017 10:38:00 AM

When I first used this cream, I thought it was pretty blah. It just seemed thick and wasn't as rich/moisturizing as Eucerin's Advanced Repair Lotion, which was my go-to for over 10 years. I'm pretty sure I had a tub sitting around being ignored for close to a year, but then I was watching a dermatologist on youtube who said to apply it to your skin as you're getting out of the shower, while your skin is still wet. When I tried that, it completely changed my life! When everything dries, I am left with the softest skin ever.

It is indeed also great to use dry if you have irritated, itchy, sensitive skin because it will really help repair the skin barrier. For the past 4 months or so, I have been plagued by horrible itchy rashes on my neck. My GP doctor and my dermatologist said it was caused by seasonal allergies/pollen! And it's true that whenever I was having the worst congestion & eye allergy time, my neck would get all itchy, hot and red too. UGH. I started getting paranoid about the amount of hydrocortisone and triamcinalone that I was applying to my neck and how it might be thinning and "aging" the skin there, so several days ago, I started applying the Cerave Moisturizing Cream on my neck pretty much every 2 hours when I had a terrible flareup. It's been 2 days now, and applying this cream repeatedly throughout the day has kept the itchy, red skin at bay.

The only thing that is a bit of a drag about this product is the jar packaging, although I do plan to buy it in the jar with the pump next. At the moment, I use a clean, sanitized medical spatula to transfer several weeks' supply into a squeeze bottle. This way, I have an easy way to dispense the cream when I use it multiple times a day and/or just out of the shower. At the same time, the unused cream in the tub/jar is left undisturbed except for the relatively few times I am resupplying my squeeze bottle.

I would not go a day without this cream. I highly recommend. If you're not impressed applying it on dry skin, try using it on wet/damp skin after bathing.

on 11/3/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin. I previously purchased Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream but found that it didn't absorb well into my skin and ending up discarding the product. I used rich creams such as Pond's Dry Skin Cream and Nivea Creme, and although they felt moisturizing, the scent was overpowering. I purchased CeraVe when I was looking for another cream that contained beneficial ingredients, and found them on sale. The cream absorbs well into my skin and leaves it matte, but if you have a similar skin type, you may need to start incorporating oils in the day time. Nonetheless, this product is often overlooked but it works very well both day time and night time. I highly recommend this product and will continue to repurchase it for a long time!

Popular Lotions / Creams