CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

I really wanted to like this.. I've had great experiences with the moisturizing cleanser and thought I couldn't go wrong with this cream. Boy was I wrong. I bought the small travel-sized tube and tried it for a few nights.

This broke me out like crazy. CCs all over my forehead plus a big angry pimple.. My acne flareups only come either from the time of month or products that don't sit well with me. My skin's generally pretty tolerant to products.. so I'm very surprised that it's reacting, of all things, to a CeraVe product.

I am in the minority here, but I found this cream too thick and gloppy. It lacks the "slip" to apply easily and that's a big deal for me. It's a good moisturizer, but not user friendly for everyday.

on 5/5/2018 6:13:00 PM

I have dehydrated skin and I was looking for a heavier night moisturizer and this caused clogged pores. If you have very dry skin this could be a good choice but I found it to be too thick and heavy feeling.

on 4/14/2018 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If trapped on a desert island this is what I'd SOS for. Been using for 10 yrs, tried fancier - nah.

on 4/1/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I do not have sensitive skin i never had bad reactions to any products but this moisturizer destroyed my face i thought mayb it was my new foundation but then i went back to my old foundation but my skin was still breaking out starting to look burnt and a bunch of tiny bumps forming on my skin my makeup wont blend flawless anymore just a disaster im hoping my skin will go back to normal now that i stopped using this..on a positive note texture is great i love the way it feels going on the skin unfortunately it did not work for my skin i have combination skin maybe thats why it didn't work

on 3/15/2018 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

With 504 reviews and an 82% repurchase rate, my following review is going against the grain, you've been warned...

I had high hopes for this moisturizer after reading the reviews. But the evidence is clear on my face: my face does not like it. It burns when I put it on. And I have red splotches on both my cheeks, which I am currently trying to hide with powder. The first few days, I felt slightly itchy all day wearing this. It's been about a week now, and it's not working for me. It seems OK for my legs, but I was looking for a face moisturizer. It was $24 CAD and I'm going to return it. I look worse for the wear. Continuing the hunt for a good moisturizer...

on 2/7/2018 10:46:00 AM

I don't use this all the time because it is pretty heavy and I already use the moisturizer in step 7, but if I'm feeling particularly dry that day, I will go in with this moisturizer all over my face, neck, ears, everything to really really feel nice and hydrated. I wouldn't recommend this product if you're at all oily because it does feel a little greasy and heavy, but if you're dry to normal, this is an absolute lifesaver for dry days when you need an extra dose of moisture in your routine.

on 2/4/2018 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. Seems to be a very good moisturizer for the money. Since the skin on my face is no different than the skin on my body I don'y see any reason to not use it on my face. I tested it with my favorite foundation- L'oreal true match-and it plays well, but have not tested it with sunscreen or tretinoin so I will need to report back. I can't imagine it will not play well with either of those, but you never know. Takes a few minutes to fully sink in. Skin feels nice and smooth. Definitely need to get the pump.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Packaging could be improved for hygiene purposes. In a tube is more hygenic. Less exposure to air from constantly opening and fingers being dipped in.

My go to face cream! I layer it on before my face sunscreen everyday and also use it as a night cream.

Worth the price. Great product. Also fragrance free.

on 1/23/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am completely taken aback that an adored product with such a high number of excellent reviews was so incredibly awful. I did extensive research looking for a good unscented moisturiser for my sensitive, dry, dehydrated skin. I was also interested in trying something affordable with ceramides to assist in repairing the moisture barrier. This product has positive reviews here, beautypedia, reddit etc, and sure, in the past I've tried some popular things that have been perhaps a bit 'meh', but not this truly bad. This stuff for me was an actual skin destroyer. Firstly, it burned when I applied it, but I persisted because I thought that it may be performing healing magic on my skin barrier (it's said that bland moisturisers can feel burny if your skin is dehydrated and your barrier is compromised). Secondly, it genuinely didn't moisturise well at all - in the mornings my skin looked 5 years older, incredibly crepey and dry. Thirdly, if the first two weren't bad enough, it broke me out horrendously. No product has ever broken me out so badly. I do get hormonal breakouts occasionally, but have never experienced anything like this, ever. Because I was so shocked, I have since looked into this further and if you do a quick google search on cerave + breakouts (or similar) you will encounter a litany of tales of people with similar situations to mine. I think it's really important to make it more widely known that this popular product has unfortunately had a negative effect on many people's skin. Consider this my dismayed public service announcement. I hope it works for you, it obviously does for many, but if you're one of the unlucky ones, you're not alone. Obviously would never repurchase. I'm even reluctant to use it up on my legs. I give it a point for having a pump!

Popular Lotions / Creams