CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe  Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

This is very thick and creamy which I like, but with all CeraVe products I've tried out it has hyaluronic acid which burns/stings if your skin is sensitive. When I use this on top of my prescription moisturizer (for acne, not moisturizing at all) in the morning, my skin gets very oily so I only use this at night. That being said, it is a great, thick creamy moisturizer. Some people may not like that it is in a jar b/c you might spread germs by putting your fingers directly in it, but I haven't had any problems with that. It hasn't caused me to break out and works well as a nightly moisturizer for my dry/combination acne prone skin.

Only reason I might buy it again is I like experimenting, but I know that I can always fall back on this or a Cetaphil moisturizing cream if something else doesn't work out.

I LOVE this moisturizer. Totally unscented, and super creamy texture. I use it every morning and at night after exfoliating. Sometimes I need to use a second layer since my skin can get dry, but it really sinks in beautifully and makes my skin super smooth. Plays nice underneath all of my makeup as well. The big tub packaging is a bummer though - I keep a tub around for my body but buy the small travel sized tube for my face, which is more expensive for the amount you get but I just don't like dipping my fingers into a tub all the time. Overall, this is a very thick emollient moisturizer that makes my legs and face look equally amazing.

To Read all 468 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/12/2016 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Overall this is a great product IF it doesn't break you out. It broke me out horribly, more than any other product before, so I will not be using for my face anymore. However for the body it is terrific! Sinks in almost instantaneously and leaves the skin feeling so soft. I have oily/dehydrated/acne-prone skin so if that sounds like your skin type I'd advise you to stay away from using this on your face.

on 5/25/2016 10:07:00 PM

I use this as a night time moisturiser; I apply it in layers, focusing on upward motions. I suppose the way I use it is more like an overnight mask, and I use it every second night, mainly in the winter.

It is so very deeply hydrating. I have combo skin (oily cloggy tzone, normal-dry cheeks, in my early-mid 20s so, finally, minimal acne/zit concerns. A dermatologist once described my skin as 'thick and resilient' if that helps - I'm hesitant to recommend things to sensitive-skinned folks. Patch test always, please be careful) but I have a compulsive over-exfoliation habit that dries me out and I am a fool that never drinks enough water so I end up with ghoulish under eyes. This. Helps. Sometimes I layer rosehip oil (or whatever oil I'm experimenting with) underneath. I'm often an oily person (I live in a warm climate) but you can never have too much (good) moisturiser. A greasy nighttime equals a dewy fresh morning, IMO.

Now, the CeraVe lotion is the one I use daily, the most consistently. It's light, and its perfect under makeup. I bought the cream specifically for winter usage, and it's too gloppy under makeup (for me) but could work well for drier skin types.

Packaging could be better but eh. It *is* very thick.

I wish CeraVe was available in my country. Of course I would and have repurchased, in bulk.

on 5/24/2016 3:20:00 AM

This stuff is fantastic for dry skin! I have super dry skin with flaky patches and this has been a lifesaver. As a cream, the texture is thick, but it also feels somewhat silicone like and leaves my skin feeling nice and smooth. I have previously tried the cetaphil cream and I much prefer this; aside from being more hydrating, it's not greasy feeling like the cetaphil can be and doesn't break me out. It also works well under makeup. I have been searching forever for a cheap moisturizer that works for extremely dry skin and now I've finally found it! I've replaced my day and night time moisturizer with the cerave cream. Price is usually around ~$14.

My dermatologist recommended this to me, and told me to put it on top of my Retin-A every night. And it's magic. There's no other word for it. I've got skin the breaks out from nothing, but it still needs some hydration, especially in the winter. This has never made me break out - no cystic acne, no pimples, no thing. And it's rich and soaks in like a dream. If I'm not careful, Retin-A will give me chemical burns if I wash my face and put it on too quickly, and this is the only thing that doesn't my skin burn when I muck up my routine. It doesn't have a scent either, at least not to my sensitive nose. I keep tubs of this everywhere I am, and use it all day at work as a hand lotion. It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave my fingers greasy.

on 5/4/2016 9:59:00 AM

great moisturizer for face and body. I would buy this again when I finished this tub. I have dry sensitive skin with out acne issue this cream work wonder for my face and body. Sometime other moisturizer tend to sting my face or leave my face with rash but not this cream. This cream is a basic moisturizer with great ingredient for dry skin. This make my face so soft. I paid for $13.99/12 oz. at Target before tax.

Fantastic for nighttime facial moisture in the winter. Creamy texture, great price, good for all over the body and face.

**Not good during the day under make up though - too goopy - take note!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff.

It's very heavy for my skin type, so I only use it after a chemical peel, when my skin is extra thirsty. One of the things I love about this lotion is that is fully absorbs into the skin. Most heavy moisturizers just sit on top of the skin creating a greasy shiny surface. Blech. If I just wanted a moisture barrier, I'd just use Vaseline.

It contains hyaluronic acid, and did before other companies caught on about it. It's thick and gentle and never makes me break out, or irritates post-peel skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I not only would buy this again, I did!
Got a huge tub (19 oz) of it at SAMs Club and quit using any other stuff on my hands, arms, elbows, legs, heels.
Even my husband is using it now.
Living in an ultra dry climate, I often find myself flaking away, especially in winter. Dry skin showers my clothes with flakes every day.
I didn't expect such good results, but I never want to run out of this. It absorbs readily and doesn't leave a residue, just soft skin.

Like other reviewers, I am not crazy about dipping my fingers into the tub, but, short of finding some kind of spoon, I'll keep dipping to get the good stuff!