DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.9

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I have "Botticelli" curls, medium length and super highlighted. My hair tends to go very dry ( par for the course with curls ) and I used to have to wash every day to tame. I spent years hating my curls, straightening them with an iron fist ( lol ) until I finally found a great cut and this poo.

At first its really hard to get used to the no lather, and having to super rinse, but my hair now has the most beautifully defined curls that have people actually stop me to talk about. I follow with the one conditioner, don't rinse that completely out, then scrunch towel dry with a microfiber cloth. The way this does for my unruly hair, I will NEVER switch, who would end a perfect love affair?

Side note, once a month I use the AG silver shampoo to 'shock' and tame down brassiness, though the no poo has never left me overly brassy like other curl shampoos ( cough cough Ouidad cough )

There are great 'how to' vids for this line on youtube to boot :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST! I thought with all the moisturizing that it would weigh my fine, wavy/curly (I am between s-wavy and botticelli, as they describe). I blow my hair out almost dry and then twist it to get rid of frizz, it's smooth with zero frizz and looks clean on day 2 (I only wash every 4-5 days, bless oscar blandi dry shampoo)! I was previously using more expensive products (Rahua, loved it for a while, but then build up occurred, making my hair look dry- Ojon's super moisturizing I used for ages). But this stuff is amazing and takes the cake! i think the price is great too, half the price of Rahua I love love love the no poo, you immediately notice a difference. I was looking for a product without silicone and without parabens (so my hair feels like, well hair!). I do not use the gel, but probably would use that in humid, climates and on tropical vacaitons. I am using the one conditioner.
Note: This is for the regular no poo, rather than the one with vitamin c for color treated hair. I didn't get that one because they recommended against it for me. Although I color my hair, I have some highlights (blending the grey in my brunette hair) and I am more ash (which I like), the vitamin C/color treated formula they recommended against because it can make the yellowy/ash highlights get orangey- I hate warm highlights on me.

I have thin, straight hair that's a mix of fine and coarse hairs, prone to frizz, and the ends are as dry as the sahara while my scalp is usually oily. I'm pleasantly surprised by how great this shampoo is for my hair. I do find that after about 4-5 washes my hair starts to feel a bit tacky, weighed down, and weird.. but I deal with this by also washing every now and then with a gentle shampoo. Since I've begun using this product, the hair near my scalp feels softer and less oily, and in general my hair looks a lot healthier and less frizzy. A spritz of dry shampoo adds body back on days when my thin hair is a bit too moisturized and flat.

This product doesn't suds-up, which is why it's so gentle, but that means you need to change how you wash your hair. I wet my hair thoroughly, use a big dollop (like two to three tablespoons' worth), and basically give myself a scalp massage. When I'm done I let it sit on my hair for a few minutes while I do other things, then I rinse thoroughly, again making sure to massage my scalp. It takes a bit longer to do than washing with regular 'poo, but it's worth it.

During the first few weeks of using DevaCurl No-Poo, I did develop some hard little pimple things at random spots on my scalp, but those went away fairly quickly and haven't returned.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best shampoo I have ever used. Leaves my fine, curly hair soft, manageable and with clearly defined curls. No product build-up, so gentle and environmentally friendly. Terrific.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. It does take some adjusting, but now that I'm used to it, would never go back. My hair can easily go three days between washes, and that has never been the case before. It does take quite a bit more product than other salon brands, but because I can go longer between washes, I feel it balances out.

I have wavy hair, and use this along with One Condition and Ultra Defining Gel

Oh well. Heard good things and liked the idea. Its fun to use and I like the scent. But it doesn't help detangle in the shower at all and it doesn't leave my hair clean.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I so wanted to love this line of products...
Hands down, the worst line, for my hair, that I've ever used. I used this shampoo this morning for the first time after much reading, and excitement to try it. I bought a trial kit at Ulta yesterday. The smell of this shampoo, the texture, and the after effects couldn't be any closer to Pond's cold cream than if I had scooped THAT out of the jar instead of squeezing this out of the bottle. Honestly, I would swear it was Pond's. BUT, I pressed on determined to give it a go. I followed with the One Condition conditioner and although the smell was better than the shampoo, and had a bit more 'slip' to it, it did nothing to condition my hair. Once I was ready to step out of the shower, I aaaaaaaaaalmost grabbed my clarifying shampoo to get this crappy film off my hair, but I thought, "No...just finish what you started." So after leaving my hair up in a towel while I applied my make-up, I gently combed through it as I normally do only to find JUST as many tangles as always if not more. I followed with the AnGel gel which was thick, not runny, but once rubbed in my palms, felt more water based than gel based. Then I diffused it dry and followed with the Set It Free spray. The result...my hair is flat, feels incredibly greasy and coated, and STILL TANGLED. I had to wear it up today because I didn't have time to rewash. My scalp is itching and my hair feels disgusting. I have thick, but fine wavy hair....this is clearly in no way a good line for me....my search continues.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for over 3 years, but somehow forgot to post a review. I've been following the Curly Girl regimen for 3+ years and there's no way it would work without No Poo. This stuff is magical--it leaves my hair absolutely clean and shining, without being stripped and full of frizz. Many times, I can even skip the conditioner. I have rebought this, but not too frequently as I use No Poo once or twice a month. The rest of the time, it's conditioner shampoos.

That being said, my Devacurl-certified hairdresser just talked me into buying the Devacare No Poo, for colored hair. Will post a review when I'm a few weeks into it.