DevaCurl No Poo

3.5

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I am really surprised that I liked this..It felt weird to use since it does not lather up...felt more like a thick conditioner. Rinsed out nicely and didn't leave my hair feeling stripped or overly greasy. The next day my hair was mega greasy though :( for that reason I won't be repurchasing

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product leaves me with mixed feelings about it. If it was less expensive or Ulta put it on sale during their liter sales I might have considered this a keeper. This is overall a good product for me (the new formula). It left my hair moisturized and clean. I liked that it is not a greasy or oily product, so I didn't have any reside and hair felt clean for many days. The smell reminds me of dove soap (not strong, but still soapy smelling) and menthol. This also left the top of my hair pretty frizz free upon drying with nothing added. Overall I enjoyed this and the performance of the cleansing aspect. This was more of a success in my eyes than the one condition, but still didn't leave me in love. While I did like this product, I needed to love it to keep it for the price. I'm going to try a few other cheaper options and see how they play out. I may return to this if I don't find something that compares.

Edit: I went back and tried it for a longer period of time and had a horrible reaction. No poo is probably not the method for me. I ended up with a scalp reaction - zits/cysts, scabs, and lots of buildup. I tried giving it a bit more time to see if it would clear up, but the issues got worse. After going back to a shampoo these issues cleared up and have not returned since. I will not be trying this cleanser again.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did DevaCurl reformulate this product? I remember trying it a few years ago and didn't really like it -- my hair felt coated, not clean, and weighed it down -- but I decided to try it again a few months ago...and I haven't stopped using it. I believe the scent is also different, and I like it way better now. No Poo doesn't lather and is super creamy, which I love. My hair is about shoulder length and wavy, and to work best, I've found that I need to use a *lot* of the No Poo, and make sure my hair is soaking wet just prior to application. I use in conjunction with One Condition.

So I've repurchased this...I feel like I've already committed to not using shampoo, so why not? It goes a long way and it gets me to massage my scalp more. I've been using it for 7 months, I think.

My hair has grown long. I think it has evened out the sebum production. I haven't noticed any change in frizziness, or shininess.

I leave in my conditioner for 5 minutes and use a microfiber hair towel. So I feel like I'm doing everything right. I put in more leave in conditioner as my hair dries. They sent me a free sample of the hair gel, and I liked that.

Also the faint smell is nice, smells like baking soda and a hint of herbs.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This sulfate free, cruelty free shampoo is a good choice whenever my blonde highlighted hair starts to look dry and dull. It's a very gentle shampoo. Like other sulfate free shampoos, there's not much lather to speak of, but it doesn't over-strip the hair when I wash with it. I usually buy this in the travel size along with a travel size conditioner. I find that most hotel shampoos are too harsh and drying, and in my vacation photos I don't want my hair to look fried and frizzy. My hair feels soft after I use this together with the conditioner. The name "No Poo" isn't the best moniker, but I've bought the product several times and am eager to try the new Decadence version, which is supposed to be more moisturizing. I like to have two or three shampoos in rotation to prevent build-up on the hair.

Ingredients as listed on Sephora site:

-Peppermint Oil
-Balm mint
-Chamomile

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, I waited 4 months to write this review so I could give an accurate review that I felt had some experience backing it up ;)
At first I really struggled with it. I liked it, then I hated it. I could NOT decide! Until...I figured out my hair. My hair is loose curly, not coarse, not thick. But not really fine either, just normal. Also, when I first started using it, I was not scrubbing my scalp like I needed to. That is key for me!
First I have to rinse my hair REALLY well to get most of the product out...then "wash" it with the no poo. I mean, scrub & rub it around just like I used to do with my lathering shampoo. Then, again rinse it REALLY well. Now, the second time I "wash" it, I focus more on the ends. Then rinse well again. Most of the time I don't even need the one condition because the no poo shampoo leaves my hair so soft and moisturized and I'm afraid it will weigh it down. I use the devacurl styling cream and LA Looks strong hold gel (which is silicone and sulfate free, and cheap to boot) before blowing dry. My hair looks healthy, bouncy & amazing, even though I've abused it with color & highlights for the past 10 years.
One thing I want to add that makes a big difference - I wash with Neutrogena clarifying shampoo once a month. And, I wash my hair with the no poo every 2-3 days, not every day!

Good luck!

I have "Botticelli" curls, medium length and super highlighted. My hair tends to go very dry ( par for the course with curls ) and I used to have to wash every day to tame. I spent years hating my curls, straightening them with an iron fist ( lol ) until I finally found a great cut and this poo.

At first its really hard to get used to the no lather, and having to super rinse, but my hair now has the most beautifully defined curls that have people actually stop me to talk about. I follow with the one conditioner, don't rinse that completely out, then scrunch towel dry with a microfiber cloth. The way this does for my unruly hair, I will NEVER switch, who would end a perfect love affair?

Side note, once a month I use the AG silver shampoo to 'shock' and tame down brassiness, though the no poo has never left me overly brassy like other curl shampoos ( cough cough Ouidad cough )

There are great 'how to' vids for this line on youtube to boot :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. It does take some adjusting, but now that I'm used to it, would never go back. My hair can easily go three days between washes, and that has never been the case before. It does take quite a bit more product than other salon brands, but because I can go longer between washes, I feel it balances out.

I have wavy hair, and use this along with One Condition and Ultra Defining Gel

I'm not sure what these other reviewers are talking about. This stuff ROCKS!!!! I have combination hair (curly and thinner on top/front and stick straight and thick in the back/underneath). Most shampoos screw with my hair, making part of it dry and the other just fine (this changes depending on the brand).

DevaCurl No Poo is the only one that turns my combo hair into one fine head of hair that all works together.

I just think people aren't used to shampoo that doesn't get sudsy and perhaps they aren't rinsing it out as well as they should.