DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.2

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, I waited 4 months to write this review so I could give an accurate review that I felt had some experience backing it up ;)
At first I really struggled with it. I liked it, then I hated it. I could NOT decide! Until...I figured out my hair. My hair is loose curly, not coarse, not thick. But not really fine either, just normal. Also, when I first started using it, I was not scrubbing my scalp like I needed to. That is key for me!
First I have to rinse my hair REALLY well to get most of the product out...then "wash" it with the no poo. I mean, scrub & rub it around just like I used to do with my lathering shampoo. Then, again rinse it REALLY well. Now, the second time I "wash" it, I focus more on the ends. Then rinse well again. Most of the time I don't even need the one condition because the no poo shampoo leaves my hair so soft and moisturized and I'm afraid it will weigh it down. I use the devacurl styling cream and LA Looks strong hold gel (which is silicone and sulfate free, and cheap to boot) before blowing dry. My hair looks healthy, bouncy & amazing, even though I've abused it with color & highlights for the past 10 years.
One thing I want to add that makes a big difference - I wash with Neutrogena clarifying shampoo once a month. And, I wash my hair with the no poo every 2-3 days, not every day!

Good luck!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin, but I haven't had an acne problem for decades. Deva no poo has my face, scalp, and body a mess. I finally went to a doctor and was diagnosed with acne rosacea, so 'unique looking of a case' that he asked to take pictures of my face. Something in this product does not agree with me. The only other thing that has ever made me break out since adulthood is Philosophy products. I'd say be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin.
Also, I have more hair loss when I use this in combination with other Deva products. Over time, my hair actually seems dull.
The smell is great and I loved this product at first.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have used it since August/08. My hair is a mixture of coils extremely curly (3c) and afro (4a). I like this cleanser and use it alternatively with Devacare no-poo. This cleanser leaves my hair practically without knots. For me it is a keeper.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did DevaCurl reformulate this product? I remember trying it a few years ago and didn't really like it -- my hair felt coated, not clean, and weighed it down -- but I decided to try it again a few months ago...and I haven't stopped using it. I believe the scent is also different, and I like it way better now. No Poo doesn't lather and is super creamy, which I love. My hair is about shoulder length and wavy, and to work best, I've found that I need to use a *lot* of the No Poo, and make sure my hair is soaking wet just prior to application. I use in conjunction with One Condition.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is "alright", definitely nothing to write home about happening here. I love that it doesn't contain harsh additives that would ordinarily strip thick and course hair or weigh down curls. But for the price most "curly gals" can achieve the same results at a fraction of the cost by co-washing using other much cheaper products. At $20 bucks a bottle, that seems pretty steep when there are so many other ways and products that will cleans without stripping lathers. To be honest this is pretty much just a gimmick because really it does the same thing as say a cheap suave conditioner would if one vigorously rubs it in to cleans the scalp. While it's a better alternative to lathering shampoos for dry haired and curly girls, it doesn't hold a candle to products such as As I Am coconut Co-Wash ($8) or Eden's All Natural Shea Co-Wash ($9).

I tried the deva cut and the no poo shampoo and the conditioner and I have mixed feelings about it. My curls are a bit more defined, but still frizzy and dry. The cut gave me a ton of volume. In order to detangle in the shower I feel like a massive amount of hair comes out, and I have a ton of build up in my scalp. I do not use the gel with it so I still use mouse and hairspray and so maybe it is not meant to be used with those products. Still I am bit a frustrated since I bought the 40 dollar bottles and my hair just feels dirty when I use it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It was hard to believe product called, No Poo. Sounds like something you'd find in the antacid aisle. Thing is, I am a curly and one that needs to wash everyday if I am wearing it curly. So this seemed like it'd fit the bill. It is one of the best detanglers I have ever used. Thats what the 3 lippies are for,the whole No Poo thing? Eh. Oddly enough a product that is supposed to be for curls actually just weighed me down within a few days. More like No-Clean. Heard good things about the One C. Maybe I'll try that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

INSTANT detangling. Seriously, no other hair product has ever done this. Just a tiny bit of this "shampoo" and some water and all my tangles are unravelled. I've tried *so* many detangling shampoos, conditioners and styling products and none come close to this. Gentle, doesn't dry my hair out, smells good. I love it. Jessicurl makes a similar product "Hair cleansing cream".

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance.

So I've repurchased this...I feel like I've already committed to not using shampoo, so why not? It goes a long way and it gets me to massage my scalp more. I've been using it for 7 months, I think.

My hair has grown long. I think it has evened out the sebum production. I haven't noticed any change in frizziness, or shininess.

I leave in my conditioner for 5 minutes and use a microfiber hair towel. So I feel like I'm doing everything right. I put in more leave in conditioner as my hair dries. They sent me a free sample of the hair gel, and I liked that.

Also the faint smell is nice, smells like baking soda and a hint of herbs.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I would give this all fives, but I only had a sample enough for one use. I have very long hair. I did really enjoy the sample. Felt great. Tamed curls.

Popular Shampoos