DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.8

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product leaves me with mixed feelings about it. If it was less expensive or Ulta put it on sale during their liter sales I might have considered this a keeper. This is overall a good product for me (the new formula). It left my hair moisturized and clean. I liked that it is not a greasy or oily product, so I didn't have any reside and hair felt clean for many days. The smell reminds me of dove soap (not strong, but still soapy smelling) and menthol. This also left the top of my hair pretty frizz free upon drying with nothing added. Overall I enjoyed this and the performance of the cleansing aspect. This was more of a success in my eyes than the one condition, but still didn't leave me in love. While I did like this product, I needed to love it to keep it for the price. I'm going to try a few other cheaper options and see how they play out. I may return to this if I don't find something that compares.

Edit: I went back and tried it for a longer period of time and had a horrible reaction. No poo is probably not the method for me. I ended up with a scalp reaction - zits/cysts, scabs, and lots of buildup. I tried giving it a bit more time to see if it would clear up, but the issues got worse. After going back to a shampoo these issues cleared up and have not returned since. I will not be trying this cleanser again.

I am really loving this version of No Poo. I tried the "DevaCare" version first years ago which was recommended to me for my fine very loose wavy hair and I hated it sadly. I absolutely loved it because the DevaCare products just smell to die for of creamy oranges and felt amazingly creamy etc but that No Poo had some ingredients that just really weighed down my hair and made my scalp greasy even after using it for 6 months so I know my hair was adjusted. I still have a giant liter bottle I can't use. Anyhow after that and bombing on several of their styling products I gave up on this line. I am currently using an organic shampoo and conditioner that I love but really wanted to find a Cleansing Conditioner that would work for me (have tried them all) as I just love how smooth and easy they make washing my hair which is super tangly in the shower even being fine. After checking out the ingredients for DevaCurl's version of No Poo and seeing different reviews figured I would make one last attempt and this formula does work way better for me as far as not leaving my scalp greasy or weighing me down at all. The one bittersweet thing I hate is in fact the horrid over the top rose smell of it. Yes I do find many reviews exaggerate on it being so bad that won't use the product do to the smell but for those who have fussy hair like me I don't have the luxury to pass up a product that gives me such good results lol. I usually love rose smells but this one is just unpleasant but something I will deal with. It doesn't linger in my hair by any means and my conditioner soon eases my nose. Now I am of course tempted to try the One Condition as well. If you had horrible results with the DevaCare products don't hesitate to try out the DevaCurl versions which are the quality of the line imo!

I love this shampoo (and conditioner). It has saved my naturally brittle hair (also highlighted) from repeatedly breaking off when I sleep. I rarely blow dry or heat style my, and it would still get "crispy". I have used Pureology, Joico, Tigi, Neuma...you name it I've tried it and this has helped keep my moisture level high which make my hair softer, and shinier!!

I like this product. It is like other no-poo routines I have done. There is no lather, and your hair does not feel "clean" (read: stripped). I do find it a bit overpriced, but if you want no-poo and can't or don't want to make your own stuff, this works well as well, and it smells good.

However, you MUST give it two weeks. For a week or two, your hair will feel greasy and heavy because your scalp is overproducing sebum (oil) to compensate for the stripping action of regular shampoo. Once your scalp realizes that you aren't stripping it anymore, it will drastically reduce sebum production and your hair will feel normal and probably healthier and richer than before, but it will never feel the same as with regular shampoo.

A huge pro is that once you are accustomed to this, you can wash your hair less frequently, saving time, money and water.

I just wish they were clearer about this on the bottle. A lot of people will expect it to work like regular shampoo and thing it's a crappy product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this, but it didn't work out for me that well. My hair felt like it had a film despite my efforts to work the product in and rinse as many times as possible. Just felt very greasy. It smells nice and will probably be better for those with coarse, dry hair or with high porosity. I think I'll give the low poo a try to see if my hair responds better to that. It does have a creamy consistency and doesn't irritate my scalp. I'm not buying this again and will pass it on to my sister who has thicker and tighter ringlets than I do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

INSTANT detangling. Seriously, no other hair product has ever done this. Just a tiny bit of this "shampoo" and some water and all my tangles are unravelled. I've tried *so* many detangling shampoos, conditioners and styling products and none come close to this. Gentle, doesn't dry my hair out, smells good. I love it. Jessicurl makes a similar product "Hair cleansing cream".

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance.