By Terry Light Expert

By Terry Light Expert

4.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Trisodium Citrate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Dextrin Palmitate, Fragrance, Cyclohexasiloxane, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Alumina, Silica, Tetrasodium Edta, Hexyldecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Cyclomethicone, Dehydroacetic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Talc, Lauroyl Lysine, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Seed Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Prolinamidoethyl Imidazole, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Coumarin [ /- May Contain: Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide)].

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, despite the price and packaging (not that much in there!), this is my favourite foundation. It might be because the colour matches my skin perfectly. But also, I find it just glides on and sinks in better than any other I've tried. I do tend to like more high-end foundation because I think the quality is better. (I have tried drug store brands but they are always drying to me). It's a light coverage, which is perfect for me. I do have reddish areas, but I cover them up with concealer anyway. Just wish they'd put this stuff in a bottle instead. I don't even use the brush. Although you can take it apart and clean it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had really high hopes for this product, following the amount of positive reviews and videos I watched on it.

I do suffer with slightly dry skin and foundation can sometimes end up flaking, especially on my nose and chin. The reviews I read suggested that this product was great for dry skin and gave a dewy finish. I applied it using the attached brush, but sometimes find that this can aggravate any dry patches, so I actually blended the product using my fingers. My first impression was that this foundation was amazing and went on really smoothly and evened out my skin tone. Fast forward about 3 hours, when I looked in the mirror at work and was horrified by the look of it - the product had pooled in the pores around my nose and really accentuated any dry patches I have. My nose literally looks like a dried up and cracked lake! I tried to blend it further with my fingers, however that appears to make it worse and I am now very self conscious about the look of it and it'll be another 9 hours before I get home to take it off!

I am really disappointed that this hasn't lived up to the hype. This is only my first time using it and I think I will try it with different primers and maybe a beauty blender to see if it makes any difference to the overall effect.

I usually use IT cosmetics CC cream or Clinique in the nude stick foundation, which both provide a dewy coverage without emphasising dry patches.

on 11/1/2016 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The SMELL of this foundation makes me sick.i think the coverage is not bad on my skin ,it gives a dewy look.It is easy to blend and it doesnt dry out my skin or cause any uncomfort.
However,i do think this is a product for dry skin type,this is a bit too oily for me.I would like lighter texture and sheer freshing foundation on my skin.

on 10/27/2016 3:57:00 AM

Excellent foundation, which is suitable as a primer and as a standalone highligter to selected parts of the face. Make-up looks fresh for many hours and face is glowing in natural way.Dla revelation to me! .Practical And elegant packaging is very handy and practical during the trip. I highly recommend this product to everyone loves natural flawless look
I have No 5 peach beige and this is perfect in the winter for me (NC 23)
I will buy it one more time-for sure!

on 2/21/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love all By Terry products. They all set very well. This is a beautiful light coverage, sort of along the lines of Chantecaille Just Skin, but with a little more coverage a nicer glow upon setting. My only gripe is the shades. I'm NC 25-30, closer to 30, and bought #8 and it's a little light and a little too pink. I ordered #9 and it's was too dark and orange. So what I do is take the #8 and mix in either MUF yellow primer or Smashbox Medium BB cream (literally a drop does the trick). I wish the colors were better. I heard #7 is more yellow but it would be too light for me. It lasts about 6 hours without primer. It does have such a beautiful finish that I would probably buy again and mix it up with something darker/yellower. It's quite expensive and the packaging leaves a bit to be desired. I don't mind the squeeze tube however, a lot of the product gets stuck in the cap.

This is not a foundation for days you want more coverage. This is a "good skin day" type of foundation.

Here we go. I used liquid foundations from Clinique, Estee Lauder, Dior, Chanel, Max Factor and even mineral foundation from Sheer Cover. La Mer Fluid Treatment Foundation was my last stop as I notice that it did not clog my pores and helped my skin to recover if I break out. I simply wanted to try something new as i noticed that my skin was dry and flakey. So I was out on the market in the search of a better product that would help me to hydrate my skin.

Light Expert promises to hydrate, smoothen and fill your skin with a rejuvenating effect. I guarantee you it keeps all its promises. It moisturizes your skin while covering all the imperfections. I have the shade vanilla light 5, which is perfect for my neither snow-white nor peach skin color. The brush is very practical, the package is exclusive. The price is acceptable for the quality you get.
When I saw the package I thought it would end only a few weeks but I was wrong. I am generous with the way I apply it yet I still seem to have more left in the tube. It is thanks to the smart mechanism at the top of the tube that lets out only a little with each click. I have acne prone skin and I do not break out with it which is the best part. I do not get "cakey flakey" face either. It holds all day long, if I feel the need under the day I can touch up the acne spots with the brush.
I like it, I recommend it if you need a strong hydrating foundation that smoothens your skin and helps it to rejuvenate.

on 10/20/2014 1:08:00 AM

amazing foundation!! it gives a very natural finish to my skin, and feels like it's barely there. It's comparable to Sisley Skinleya in terms of preformance and price. both come with a brush, and both are antiaging and moisturising. both have a light coverage, both have a very natural flawless finish. both are long wearing, and feels like you don't have anything on your skin. I can honestly say, i don't know which i like better, nor can i tell the difference when i put either on.

Like Skinleya, you have to wait till this foundation sets. when you first apply it, you can really see the brush marks all over your face - you must wait a few minutes for the foundation to settle into your skin to get that flawless finish.

on 10/11/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this makeup. It's hard to categorize it as a foundation, highlighter or tinted moisturizer. It really performs the functions of all three products. It has a wonderful light rose water scent and blends seamlessly into the skin. I apply it with the attached foundation brush and then blend with my Beauty Blender sponge. I have hypopigmentation issues with my skin and this works beautifully to even out my skin tone, yet not feel heavy. This product is very moisturizing, which is great for my dry skin. I would not recommend this product for those with oily skin or those who want to conceal blemishes/dark circles. This product works best to even and brighten skin tone. It also makes my nose pores disappear. The price is too much, but it's a lot better deal than touch clat for the amount you get. I do like the packaging with the attached brush. I feel like it prevents me from using too much product by dispensing a small amount of product and then requiring my to work that small amount across my face with the brush.

on 10/6/2014 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Sorry to say this was too dewy for my liking. Considering I primed and set with powder I didn't expect to have to keep powdering throughout the day (it wasn't a hot day either). It felt very greasy on my skin all day and I couldn't wait to wash it off. I do love Cover Expert and Terrybly Densiliss though, it's just that this one must only work for very dry skin.

on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous packaging - weightless formula - my new favorite product - absolutely worth every penny.

I have extremely sensitive, combination skin with mild rosacea/ allergies. It's tough for me to find something that doesn't irritate my skin with daily use - and this is my new Holy Grail product!!

Sheer finish with illuminating/ brightening that doesn't leave your face greasy or with too much glow for a day time. Definitely ask for help when getting matched - the colors can be deceptive and this product is more "corrective" so you're not looking for an exact match the way you would regular foundation. This product is paraben free - and having the brush - which I find quite soothing - makes my life so much easier.

I use this all over my face - then dust my T-Zone with La Mer "The Powder" (translucent) - and it wears perfectly over the course of a 12-hour work day. Phenomenal product - do yourself a favor and try it!