4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I am a hairstylist and I use this product in either the original or generic and to tell the truth, the generic brand works just as well. When you spray it its a bit strong and can make you cough if you spray alot at a time or if your mouth is open, but I know how to work this stuff! I have been using sebastian for years and I love the shine you get after applying heat with your curling or flat iron. It has nice...not too stiff hold, a nice smell and no flaking or build up. I absolutely love this shaper and if anyone knows...I mean really knows of a better shaper than this please let me know!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

I would buy this product again, but in a smaller bottle. I would give it 4 lippies if it weren't' for the horrible packaging. The nozzle always dries up, and even if you rinse it in hot water it's dried up when I try to use it a week later. But aside from that it's the perfect light hold hair spray. Yes, the smell is a bit annoying, but gives hold without being too drying, too sticky or too visible. You can brush your hair after putting this in it. And my hair tangles easily but the texture seems to almost improve when I use this compared to serums like Kerastase Oleo Relax -- It actually makes it easier to brush. If it werent' for the smell fo hairspray I might use this every day instead of just weekends.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

12 years ago

I've been trying to find the right hairspray for years, and this is it. My hairdresser is swears by it, so I thought there must be something to it. It's truly a brushable hairspray, and I don't know how they do it! It never seems to weigh my hair down or make it look crunchy, and I can spray and brush and spray and blowdry over and over without flakes or clumping if my hair still isn't behaving. As for hold, it's no magic spray, but it does do a good job of keeping things in place like it should. I wish it either had a cleaner "shampoo" type smell or none at all though - the current scent is slightly old lady. It's not too overpowering though, but I can definitely smell when I spray it. I think the price is good too, considering how much you get. I paid $13.95 for a large can, which is what I was paying for my previous spray-o-choice, and it was a smaller container. I'm stuck on this spray now, and will definitely be buying again.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

13 years ago

I have really grown to appreciate this stuff. I never understood why people would get so excited about a hairspray...now I get it. I don't think of it as a hairspray, but more of a working spray. If you want your style glued into place or your hair lifted inches off your head...this is not for you. However, this has really helped out with styling my hair (freshly clean or on second day hair). My hair is really, really soft and slip naturally. This helps "dirty" it up a bit without adding any dullness or goop factor to my hair. At the same time it does provide flexible hold and volume to my style. It also works like a dream when I am trying to pull my very fine (but a lot of it) wavy/curly hair up into a quick pony tail. It gives my hair some grit so it isn't so slip, but doesn't take away shine or add that crunchy feeling. I will also use it to scrunch my crown when it is falling a bit flat. I used to use spray gel for many of these functions, but the spray gels would be too heavy, flake, be too wet or too drying. The Sebastian (plain Shaper) is the styling tool I have been needing. Now I use it...for almost every hair touch up. And I can still go a few days between washing my hair if need be without it looking flat and yucky.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

13 years ago

LOVE!! It stinks, but I apply in the bathroom and return to my bedroom to finish doing my hair. I typically spray this on a comb and comb through my hairline to make the little hairs lie down. Ulta has a lot of sales so you can pick it up when they are doing a "buy two, get one free" or whatever promo. This is a huge can and it is very light, you only need a bit, because this is made for hairstyles that are worn down, nothing shellacked into a 50's era updo, lol. Great product

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBlack

13 years ago

HG hairspray for soft, moveable hold if you can get past the overwhelming old-lady smell.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

13 years ago

Excellent hairspray, but the nozzle tends to clog up easily. If you want a cheaper alternative to Shaper and Shaper Plus, please try Sally's "Generic" version of both of these hairsprays. I believe they are more superior to the original versions at a much cheaper price. The "Generic" versions are also available in the humungous sizes. Sally's has the hairspray on sale and then it's a real deal.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I'm stunned that the prevalent comment about this is the offensive scent. It's the sole reason I USE it! I'd pay big bucks if they bottled it in a perfume. I think it's gorgeous. Not great holding power but not sticky, globby or flaky like others I've used. Heavenly scent.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

This stuff smells really, really bad. Fortunately, the smell doesn't last long because I love the way it holds my fine, slightly wavey hair. This hairspray is not sticky or flakey and the mist is super fine, so it doesn't weigh hair down. It also washes out easily so there's no build-up. This is the best hair spray I've tried and will definately repurchase.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

14 years ago

It's Ok. I have medium length fine hair and it does work pretty well for keeping my hair off my face. I can't use it to keep my hair in a pony tail, though. For that I have to use equate (fake pantene) hairspray (glue in a can). It doesn't smell very great either. My boss actually gave me her can. We bought some one day together in a rite aid. She has really really long hair and it didn't do anything for her.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination