Kenra Volume Spray (aerosol)

No Image

4.3

on 11/9/2017 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This Kenra Volume Spray #25 is my new HG! Holy cow. Wow. I can't say enough good things about it. Totally worth its weight in gold. A little about me... I have been trying to grow my blond highlighted fine to medium hair for the past year or so. It is layered for the most part, with side bangs. It goes to just past my shoulders. The last few weeks have been rough! Despite using volumizing shampoos, round brushes, volumizing sprays, etc. - I have been dealing with absolutely zero body. I was thinking that it is time to throw in the towel and cut my hair shorter because my hair really can't be that long and have any type of volume at the top. It has to be simple or cut shorter. So I was at a cross roads so I started looking at YouTube videos on hair. Came across a lady who recommended some products on how to style side bangs and how to style hair and get maximum body, etc. She recommended Kenra Volume Spray #25! I bought mine on Amazon. They were cheaper than Ulta or other sites I found. Now when I style using this spray, the blow out volume will last and it won't disappear right away. I am sold. My hair style will last all day long and even when I am at the gym and it is thrown back in to a pony tail. LOL This is the holy grail of hair sprays. I will keep buying this forever. Not worth spending money on the cheap stuff when you need so much. With the Kenra, a little goes a long way. A few sprays and you are good to go. So a little extra out of pocket is worth it to me. :-)

on 4/22/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall a very nice finishing spray. I did have to exchange a can due to faulty nozzle, it would spray upward and not outward. Pleasant scent which is not overpowering. Hold level is strong to super strong. Works best for formal up-do hair styles. Will flake a bit if you brush it out. Not horrible , but if you have darker hair it will be noticable. Pricey salon hairspray. I always wait to see if I can get a travel mini as a free gift due to price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the #25 Volume Spray and I like it enough to give it four lipsticks with the caveat that no hairspray out there will be able to give my medium textured, straight Asian hair the sort of volume I want. (short of getting a perm and I'd rather not re-live the 80s again)

At least Kenra's version has a pleasant scent and doesn't make my hair feel crunchy or stiff like most hairsprays do.
There's no sticky residue and my hair still has movement to it.
If I could find a mini size to take with me in my purse, I'd be very happy.
Given my hair type, I would need to re-spray a couple of times during the day.

on 6/15/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very expensive to me. I bought the biggest bottle from my hair salon. It works okay but certainly not worth the price tag, in my opinion. I don't like crunchy hair so maybe I didn't use enough but for me, it performed like a drug store hairspray. I did appreciate the fact that it didn't smell like Grandma's hairspray.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is perfect for updos. It keeps everything in place and doesn't flake or leave my hair sticky. It smells ok to my nose since I have smelled hairsprays that smell worse (I'm looking at you Sebastian sharper plus). Since my scalp can get greasy, it helps with volume there and adds a bit of texture. This is drying though unfortunately and I highly recommend you condition well if using this daily.

on 6/11/2013 11:25:00 AM

I tried this hairspray when a friend swore by it and turns out that she was right! This stuff works, your style is going to stay exactly like you spray it. It's not the best smelling spray, but to me that really doesn't matter. Don't spray on your ends it will make them look a little straw like. I continually buy this product because its worth the high price, it really works!

on 4/10/2013 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the aerosol version with the "25" on the can. I got a free travel-size of this at ULTA. This a decent hairspray- but I don't think it's anything special, and the full-size cans are a bit pricey, so I probably won't purchase. It has good hold, but I like hairspray that's a bit more flexible (I have long, curly hair), but I guess this would be a good hairspray for up-dos or other hairstyles that require firmer hold. The scent is kind of nondescript, which is fine for me. The "no animal testing" policy is admirable.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love volume in my hair and this is the first hair spray that I've used that keeps the volume in my hair all day! Not only that but a little goes a long way for myself I've found. I bought the 16oz bottle in March of 2012 it's coming up on September 2012 and I've still got 2/3rds of a bottle and I use it nearly everyday! Totally great buy and a great product!

on 12/24/2011 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG hairspray for updo's prom weddings ect. i love the volume #25 i buy the big bottle so i only have to reperchase once a year. the only kind of negative is the smell.. kinda fake vanillay alchohol smell but whatever no hair spray ever smells all that good anyway (:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought the Volume 25 one. Best hairspray ever! I seriously love this hairspray. One big can of this last me about an entire year. It freezes your hair in place yet it still is touchably soft has a lot of volume and moves freely. Just as long as you spray it from a distance and don't put too much on a little goes a long way. You can also easily brush it out without it leaving that goopy sticky feeling behind never has flaked. It's an expensive product but totally worth it.

Popular Styling Products