81%
package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I'm perplexed by all the positive reviews. To me this product is virtually unusable due to the HORRIBLE spray nozzle design. It's awkward to grasp, The nozzle is miniscule. I simply cannot get a good hold on the handle to use the product and the few times it's sprayed it doesn't come out in a mist but a drip. TERRIBLE DESIGN. The price is cheap, but since it's useless - it's too much.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

Bought this because of the good reviews but this just doesn't work for my fine, slightly wavy, colored hair. It made my hair frizzy yet also weighed it down. I didn't think it worked great with a flat iron. I have other sprays that are better like Redken's Flat Out or Oscar Blandi's Pronto. It sprays too much and there is no way to spray less unless I spray in my hands and apply which I hate doing. Probably sprays best on long hair while my hair is in a bob. Not for really fine hair.

About reviewer (1595 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Solid product, I will say that I had to take a lippie off because if you spray this on after a blow dry it will not allow your flat iron to glide smoothly down the hair shaft. That, while annoying, did prompt me to write this review as that is proof that it blocks heat effectively. It also made my hair soooooo much harder to moisturize with oil after so yeah, I know this coats the hair with a protective film, I felt it. The way I normally use it is on wet hair, in conjunction with a serum before blow drying and it works like a charm. I decided to try spraying it on dry hair just to see and I did not like the outcome. Will continue to purchase.

About reviewer (621 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

I originally bought this product on a whim at Walmart. My intended purpose was for heat protection. I have uncolored dark blonde STRAIGHT hair, that is relatively thin. While I wasn’t completely impressed with this product in regard to heat protection, it is the ONLY thing I’ve found that will help my hair hold curl. Curling my hair without it is a complete WASTE of time. I keep in on hand. It gives my hair a lot of texture, and great hold for curls. I don’t use it unless I plan to add curl because I really don’t care for the feel that it gives my hair.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I never knew that my hair can smoke so badly as during the couple times when I used this spray. I have no idea how does it suppose to protect from the heat with the water as the main ingredient. I sprayed it all over my head and with the help of the hair straightener, it started evaporating from my previously completely dry hair with the insane amount of smog. My hair got fried. I had to cut some severely damaged hair off and I will never use this product again. My hair is thin and has a very high porosity, assuming how popular and highly rated this product is I think thicker or low porosity hair don't experience the same issues, but I didn't even spray too much waited for a couple for the product to dry before using a flat iron. In my opinion, a product that creates smog can't be beneficial for anyone's hair.

About reviewer (651 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

My hair is thin and medium length. Normal to dry. This spray made my hair more dry and slightly frizzy. Returning to ulta.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

2 years ago

This heat protectant was okay. However, I prefer something that leaves more moisture. This isn't conditioning at all. TRESemme Repair & Protect 7 Pre-Styling Spray is a much better product. It protects from heat, prevents split ends and really conditions. I don't have the same soft smooth look with the Instant Heat Tamer Spray. If you have oily hair you might prefer this product, but anyone with dry hair should probably pass it up.

About reviewer (533 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Does not prevent heat damage. I started using this a couple months ago right after getting my hair trimmed. My hair is highlighted and I blow dry and use a curling iron about 3 days per week. This product makes my hair look frizzy and has done nothing to prevent split ends or breakage. In 8 weeks I see breakage and split ends and I definitely don't notice healthier hair. If it gave my hair any protection, I sure don't see it. Would not recommend.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

For the sake of honesty, I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm not sure how well this protects my hair against heat damage. How, you might ask? Well, my whole head has been dyed (which causes slight damage- I use an ammonia free dye though), and the very bottom pieces of my hair are, underneath the dye, bleached and have sustained chemical damage from that which I am still growing out. I do use heat tools, obviously, but only about once or twice a week and I don't use a blow dryer. Therefore, determining how much damage comes from heat and how much comes from bleach and/or dye is almost impossible, unless you're going over your head with a microscope and a fine-tooth comb before and after styling (ain't nobody got time for that). Also my hair is naturally spiral-curly and curly hair sustains dryness, leading to damage, pretty much just from existing, sadly. So, I can't speak 100% to the heat protection this provides but I CAN say that I've used this continually for about two years and my hair is finally growing. It might be me growing out the bleach, or this, it's probably a combination of factors to be honest. I never EVER go near a heat tool without immersing (I mean covering every single strand with this until the hair is practically wet) my head with numerous sprays of this, then brushing it through. After its dried I go in with the tool. It dries almost instantaneously after being brushed. It leaves NO residue. The smell is not bad and not good and disappears within milliseconds. This is awesome for several reasons: dries fast, sprays evenly, doesn't stink, doesn't make hair sticky or dry, and I actually think it helps hold whatever style you choose to do your hair in. It makes my hair look a bit glossier when I straighten it, but it's also weightless and dries to seemingly nothing. The packaging is no fuss and sprays out evenly, and has a "lock" setting so you can bring it in a gym bag or whatever and not worry about it spilled everywhere. When it gets to the very bottom of the bottle, it no longer sprays out and I remove the top and pour it in my hands, and run it through my hair that way. Not a big deal. Finally, the price. You get a good amount of product for $5 and seemingly 95% of people have had a good experience with this, so obviously if you're looking for a heat protectant (which is an essential item if you're using hot tools, on the same level as conditioner or sunscreen) this is a great place to start. I have had nothing but positive memories from using this and consider it my go-to heat protector, as do many others apparently!

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

I'm not sure that this product does anything. It doesn't leave my hair soft or extra straight after I blow dry and I'm not sure I can tell if I am getting any heat protection either. I do not like the smell of this at all, which is extremely potent and overwhelming. Once your hair dries, you won't really smell it in your hair, which is great, but when spraying on hair, my whole bathroom smells so strong that I find myself coughing and having to leave the room for a while. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm