no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I have the #4 extra strong hold 'airspray'. Was on the market for an alcohol free hairspray after I noticed L'oreal Elnett was drying out my hair + the strong lingering alcohol scent started giving me headaches. This guy claims to be alcohol free* and the * makes note that it is ethanol free in specific (also note that it does have dimethicone in case you are silicone free). Anyway this hairspray is a great find! Holds my hair no matter what style I choose for the day, brushes out very easily with no leftover residue, the smell is light and non-offensive. I've used this product days in a row and it never leaves me with those annoying white flakes or that super stiff, hard to detangle unmanageable hair. I found mine for less than $10CDN at the drugstore but honestly I would pay double that since it's so good. If you are on the lookout for a new (h)airspray, definitely give this guy a try!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

After reading the professional accolades regarding this hairspray, I thought why not? Though I had never used a #2 hairspray, always a #4, I bought it anyway. Love, love, love it! Many cans later, I decided to review and recommend it. I tried the #3 with the new packaging and instantly hated it. For whatever reason, this #2 hold is perfection and alcohol free! It doesn't look helmety or hard, and I use quite a bit! And it holds your style all day. It just leaves your hair looking soft and pretty and truly brushable, while maintaining your style. Update: 4/19 ... found a can of Airspray with no control number...just the word Smooth....love it!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I love this hairspray, my go to for years has been Aveda Air Control but the smell lately has been putting me off and I dislike alcohol denat, it ruins my hair and makes it very frizzy on the top. This Pantene hairspray is heaven sent, nice mild scent, makes my hair so beautiful and movable, takes all the frizzies, makes it shiny, no residue, no alcohol, no crunchiness, no stickiness, amazing find for $5, I also spray my brush and then go over my hair, looks like I just stepped out of the salon, I use the "Flexible Hold #2". Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that Pantene doesn't discontinue this gem.

About reviewer (212 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I got this in #2 (the only non alcohol version available) & the hold is flexible but I like it. It's easy to rake your fingers thru your hair without getting snagged or hung up which I am constantly doing (a habit I guess) I tipped my head upside down and blasted it let it dry & SOTC what little crunch there was was nearly non existent I think this would be used up fast so while I like well love having a Curly Girl Method approved hairspray that's why I will continue to buy it & I love that it doesn't have that drying alcohol I'm trying to grow out my hair. It's not real expensive, doesn't have much scent I think I should shop around and try to find #4 hold then that'd be perf. Or a bigger can! Hairspray is something I use up fast in general. I hate to think of using up a cab in a matter of 2 or something weeks. #winning

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

3 years ago

I tried this because I read some good reviews and it's alcohol free. The hold was okay and the scent was okay didn't seem to linger. I returned it because every time I sprayed out came foamy blobs about the size of a pencil eraser. They popped and disappeared pretty quickly but I just can't deal with the foamy blobs flying all over every time I spray my hair. Maybe it's just my can but I tried short sprays and longer sprays and got foamy blobs each time. UPDATE: I posted the above yesterday and today just noticed the tiny white flecks of hairspray residue on the dark wood cabinets in my bathroom. It's everywhere, what a mess.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

After giving this hair spray a second try, I decided that I love it. My It's a 10 Miracle Finishing spray was the only hair spray I could find that had the hold I like (not too firm). After a while, my already dry hair was breaking off. Alcohol Denat was the culprit. I had read good reviews on this hair spray so I decided to buy. I guess that I was so used to the It's a 10, I didn't think the hold was good(I got #3 hold). So, I tried it once more and will never go back to It's a 10. Just had to spray a little more. This is an amazing alcohol free hair spray. For you ladies with dry hair, this is the one. Affordable as well. Thanks Pantene!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

I have this in strength # 2, brushable flexible hold. I find this to be an effective hairspray that does not leave my hair crunchy. I like the idea of an alcohol free hairspray. What I don't like is the strong fragrance of this product.

About reviewer (3077 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool