4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

My go to spray. Holds really well without making your hair rock solid. excellent spray.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I have relaxed hair that generally does what I want it to. However, for about a week after relaxing, I find that the roots are a bit flat no matter what I do. I like my hair to have some body-- but touchable hold is what I like-- where my husband can run his fingers through it, but I have a little lift at the roots, and shine. Shaper accomplishes all of these things. I am so pleased to have found a hairspray that does all this. As for the smell, I will readily concur that it is, well, icky. It seems to subside shortly after spraying, though, so I am overall pleased with the results and would purchase again.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I don't know much about hairsprays I had never used one until this product. I recently got a long side bang and my hair is fighting it all the way since I had a middle part for about 15 years. So the hairdresser used this hairspray to keep the long bang in place instead of in my eye. It works pretty well, I reapply it a lot, maybe more than I should and it still never gets crunchy. I have thick, coarse, curly hair and I have to straightening out the bangs daily, so my hair is getting fried. This product while doesn't help with the dryness isn't making it worse. I am surprised I like a hairspray, I would definitely recommend this to people who want hold but are unsure of a hairspray. None of my friends even believe I really use hairspray so it's that natural feeling. Will repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2.0

12 years ago

Firstly, I have used the other Sebastian spray my Mom has used for years called Salon Grafix and that is amazing. It really holds but you feel nothing in your hair and also comes in the massive size. I could not find it here in the UK, so got the regular Shaper and it stinks. It felt really stiff at first so that that would at least mean it would hold....nope. I spent 10 min doing my usual curling only to have all the curl fall out within 5 min of being hairsprayed? That is ridiculous...what a waste.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlond

3.0

12 years ago

I like this hair spray but I don't love it. It gives light to medium hold (no helmet hair here!). The hold lasts about an average amount of time. It smells but not nearly as bad as the cheapo brands. It's good, but for a light hold hair spray I prefer Bumble & Bumble Do It All spray. However since this I got the mini can of Sebastian I use it when I need to be on the go. I would repurchase this in the mini can for travel/on the go convenience even though it's not my favorite.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Sebastian Shaper hairspray has been a mainstay in my cabinet for over a decade! The reason I keep coming back to this product is because of the way this can be brushed through the hair without making it greasy or limp. This is a HG workhorse of a hairspray and as long as Sebastian keeps making it, I'm going to buy.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

This is a total HG for me! Feels light with good hold. Does not leave you with hard/crunchy looking hair, always looks completely natural. I use it everyday. I spray it on my hair before straight ironing. Spray it on my hair after styling. Or even flip my head over n spray my hair for a little extra lift.This is the perfect hairspray unless you need and want extreme hold n shine for an updo. In that case, I will use Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlond

12 years ago

wow where to begin? this stuff is soooo amazing. its the only hairspray i have used over and over again. and the hold is great with but not where your hair is pin stuck. its so light it can breeze through the wind, but can also hold an updo. i usually hate hair products but this one worked! HG!!!

About reviewer (39 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

12 years ago

I had reluctantly bought a trial size of this because I was going on a trip and there weren't any other brands available, but boy was I wrong about it. There is a reason why there are so many good reviews on this classic product- it is pretty much the perfect hairspray out there! I am a loyal user of Aveda Air Control, but when you need something that feels just as light but delivers a miraculous invisible hold that neither feels nor smells like it exists- this is what you should reach for. I am now a converted fan and will be purchasing the full size version soon.

About reviewer (862 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I think this is my favorite hairspray and I have tried alot of them! Just the right amount of hold without leaving my hair stiff at all. The smell is not bad and the spray comes out in a fine mist...some hairsprays come out too hard or the nozzle get clogged, etc., but I've never had a problem with this one. It's a bit expensive but I stock up at the JC Penney salon when they have their bogo sale or I have discount coupons from the store itself. Love this product!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55