3.7

$85.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

8 days ago

I really really wanted to like ExfoliKate because at first my skin truly looked and felt amazing. But after five days of using the cleanser and one use of the scrub, I now have one of the worst and most painful breakouts ever. All over my face. I've never had breakouts this bad, with new acne appearing every day on my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, everywhere. My face looks like a pizza. So I've discontinued using and am returning. Yikes! PS I contacted KS customer service, and they said they have never heard of anyone reacting to the product this way. I tried to review it on the KS website, but kept getting the message "Website is experiencing issues."

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

2 months ago

I had a horrible reaction to this. I used exactly as the directions said before bed and woke up in the morning to a painful, itchy red rash all over my face. It’s been three days and it’s still there and my face feels like sandpaper. I have never had a reaction like this before. I will never use this product again nor recommend it to anyone else.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

from

2 months ago

I've used this about 6 times. It doesn't burn or irritate my skin when it's on, as many others have complained of. I find the smell delicious, like clove and oranges! I barely feel the exfoliation, as the granules are so fine. After using, my fine lines have definitely become less visible for a couple days, and my makeup remains fresh looking on my skin all day. BUT, and a BIG but, the day after using it, my skin breaks out into small and medium sized pimples all over. And I never have break outs like this. So although the texture looks better for a couple days, I've got pimples all over....not a good trade off at all!

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 months ago

This is in my shower and used 2x a week. I love the smell and the texture. It is grainy but not aggressive. I have sensitive skin and I only get soft, bouncy, dewey skin with it. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

a year ago

Combination chemical exfoliator (lactic acid, and papaya, pineapple, and pumpkin enzymes), with a VERY fine physical exfoliator. So fine I can barely feel they are there. Instructions say to scrub and then leave on for around 2 minutes before rinsing off. However the grains are so sparse and fine I find they don't do anything, so its basically a 2 minute acid peel mask. A smooth cream the color of a spinach smoothie. Intensely scented with Cinnamon-rich Rum and Raisin icecream complete with alcohol. Not keen on all the fragrance ingredients, Limonene, Linalool, and Cinnamon oil being there as they are known to age and irritate skin. This is fairly strong for me, I feel a mild sting all over and a stronger sting just beside my nose so I avoid there. This went away as soon as I washed it off. No irritation to my sensitive skin. No breakouts. For such a pricey hyped product, I'm surprised to find doesn't actually do anything for my skin. I usually get softer, smoother and brighter skin and clearer pores after exfoliating. But with Exfolikate but my face actually looks duller and rougher the next day, and my pores look worse. I have normal + sensitive mid 40's skin. This review is for the stronger "Intense" version, not the "Gentle" version.

About reviewer (1215 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I got it in a starter pack to try it out. It sloughs off dead skin and makes your face feel smooth. It has been making my make up sit much better. I use it twice a week I. The shower and scrub it in for 30 seconds then let it sit for about 2 min and wash it off. I don’t think I would re buy just because of the price.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBrown

a year ago

This was definitely not worth the price. The two most problematic things for me were the smell (it smelled like cinnamon apple sauce) and the color (like puree spinach) I felt as if I was putting a disgusting baby food on my face. Add the tub and you have a pretty gross experience. As for the performance, it wasn't great. Really no exfoliation to be seen. My skin was soft to the touch, but my texture, pores and fine lines were exactly the same. My makeup applied the same. It stung a little while I left it on as a mask, but nothing came of it. A dud product for me. Over hyped and overpriced. Returned.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

Exfolikate is an interesting facial exfoliater. It is a chemical exfoliater which leave on the skin for around 2 minutes before rinsing off, however it also has a grainy consistency and manually exfoliates as it is massaged onto and rinsed off the skin. The grains in this are extremely fine, so they do not feel harsh on the skin. This product also did not irritate my skin, cause redness or breakouts. However, it didn’t really seem to do anything. My skin didn’t feel smoother or softer after using it, and it didn’t look fresh, clean or bright - which is how my face usually looks after exfoliating. This product is pricey too. In my opinion you can find a much better product for a much cheaper price. I would definitely pass on this.

About reviewer (723 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Why does this contain so many ingredients? Why is it so overwhelmingly scented? It’s smells somewhere between the grass in my yard and chai tea, very spicy and earthy, and just way too fragranced for my liking. The scent lingers long after use too. Yuck. Why is this green? From the list of ingredients I don’t see anything jump out at me as to why this would be the case. I may be in the minority but I really didn’t like this exfoliating treatment. Physical exfoliators all feel grainy, nothing new here. Chemical exfoliators take some time to do their work, not 1-2 minutes. Usually we are talking a bit longer, many times an overnight cream. I’m so thankful that I only had a sample packet to use (came with one of my Sephora purchases) because the scent alone would keep me from purchasing this product. Okay, it’s also quite expensive but I’m not averse to spending good coin on fantastic products. I just don’t think this deserves my hard earned $.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I got a one-use sample of this with a recent Sephora order and for some reason I was so nervous to try it out -- would it melt my skin off?! This was a pretty ridiculous fear because my skin is very tough and no stranger to chemical exfoliation, but STILL. Anyway, I tried it recently before bed, and of course, it didn't melt my face off. What it did was make it smooth, soft, and a little bit red (but all exfoliants do that, yeah?). The product itself is a green paste with what I think are microbeads in it (didn't the US outlaw these? Hmmm!), and you scrub it around your face and then leave for 1-2 minutes to let the fruit acids do their thang. I was happy with the result from one use of this product, but I won't buy it again. I currently use a lot of chemical exfoliation on my skin (Murad Age Reform cleanser and Alpha Hydrox 10% lotion), and at the exorbitant price of this product (the most miniscule size is $24 and the 2-oz is $85!), I'm sure I can live without Exfolikate in my routine. Pssst...if you want a decent chemical exfoliation treatment at a more reasonable price, I definitely recommend both the Peter Thomas Roth pumpkin mask and the Andalou Naturals pumpkin mask.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

Age36-43