Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Well, another Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner miss for me. I have literally tried every version of these and I cannot use any of them. They all have the same basic ingredients, just different extracts and scents. They all do pretty good for the first use or two and then it's like a suffocating plastic envelopes the hair and it is dry and hard to get a brush through. And it dries out my hair really bad. I know shampoo and conditioner will build up over several uses, but this happens after just a couple. Same result with all of these. The Sleeker the Butter, Honey I'm Strong, Moroccan My Shine, all of them. But the worst is the Color Me Happy- can't take the rose scent! And the Hello Hydration is blue in color and maybe it is something about the blue dye/color, but it really burns my eyes. Smells like suntan lotion but it does nothing good for my hair, which is dry, curly, color treated and fine textured. The price is great, esp. with coupons, so if it works for you then you can get a great deal.

on 7/16/2016 2:43:00 PM

Decent shampoo. Lathers up and cleanses nicely, has a fresh scent to it that I really like. It's not the most moisturizing shampoo I've tried, but it's good for the price.

I wouldn't buy this again because it tends to strip my hair color a little bit. The difference is noticeable. For a drugstore moisturizing shampoo, I prefer Nexxus Therappe or Neutrogena Triple Moisture.

Probably more suited for those who don't color their hair.

on 5/15/2016 9:22:00 AM

This turned out to be too aggressive for my scalp.

Don't like this stuff at all. Makes my thin, fine hair look greasy and weighed down. I sometimes use it if I run out of my other conditioner (smooth collection, so much better!) and regret it each and every time. Don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, obviously I wasn't.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Makes my 4c hair, super dry, super flaky, itchy and tangled. I mean, I thought my hair was going to lock up. I now will be using this for shaving cream.

on 12/8/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo does not hydrate my hair but it also doesn't make my hair look frizzy or considerably worse. It has a pleasant scent but I have to use enormous amounts of conditioner after I wash my hair with this because it make my hair all tangled which is a problem I've never had with my L'oreal shampoo. I would not recommend it for damaged hair but if you're looking for something that smells good, does the job of cleaning your hair, and is affordable, this is fine. It just doesn't hydrate hair as well as it claims to.

This stuff felt good going in (and it was crazy blue!) and washed out nicely but at the end of the day my hair just didn't look as good? I used my regular routine so nothing else was different besides this shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels nice but my flyaways seem to be much more pronounced :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this the day before yesterday and used it yesterday. Ohmygod this product really does make your hair smooth from the first wash itself! I was using loreal before this but since this was on sale and a cousin told me about it, I picked this up. Generally i dont go out on the days i wash my hair cause it's all frizzy but this product along with the conditioner made my hair so super soft and shiny and the smell is just unbelievably good. Can't stop touching my hair! Definitely recommend it!

Very impressed with the Shampoo and Conditioner duo. Usually, after washing my hair and conditioning, I would use a leave in Condish. I didn't have to use any of that after using this product. When I let my hair dry, my curls look amazing and frizzy free! Product smells amazing!I use about 2 tablespoons each. Just an awesome product...Give it a try!!!!

on 7/15/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

(First of all this is a review for both the shampoo and conditioner; I don't feel like making a separate review for the conditioner, so when I say "this product" or something singular, I'm referring to both of them unless otherwise stated)

I looovveee this product. I think by far my favourite thing about this is the smell. It smells like absolute bliss. Coconut is one of my favourite scents, and this smells like someone mixed a coconut with some kind of beautiful flower, it smells SO amazing. The other great thing about the scent is that it's really strong, I have tried other shampoos that smell incredible, but after awhile the smell goes away and then my hair doesn't smell like anything, but with this my hair smells like that beautiful coconut flower mixture all day long.

This product also makes my hair really soft, like it said. My hair is usually pretty soft regardless of what shampoo I use, but this makes it much softer (the shampoo I was using before was the Dove: Nutritive Solutions Daily Moisture -- the really big one from Costco) I believe the only other Shampoo that made my hair this soft (or softer) was the Clear: Total Care.

This shampoo lost a lipstick from me only because it doesn't make my hair very shiny, so it looks a little dry which is kind of disappointing considering it's called "Hello Hydration" but other than that, it's an amazing product that I would recommend to everyone, especially for the scent :)