Stieva-A tretinoin gel

Stieva-A tretinoin gel

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm back again. I used this one time in 2011, i think back again in 2013 and now 2016 september i got prescribed this

I can't make much comments on it because I started using this in conjunction with benzaclin. One night this, one night benzaclin. I use the 0.01% so I have not experienced purging or breakouts so far. My skin can tolerate it, as in I don't get dry flakes or peeling and I think it's because I use this with a beauty oil on top

So at night I use a face oil (New Roots' skin lovers oil) after I wash my face and then I wait 30-40 minutes to put on my Stieva-A tretinoin cream. Nothing burns me and actually I notice really soft skin in the morning. My acne has decreased significantly with using these two acne products together. I will update in a few months and see if any changes occur. I have pretty much just acne red marks (Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) and I will let you all know whether this is helping me. It helped me in the past, so hopefully it works again!!

So tip: start with a very very low % and also use this product with something else because this will definitely break you out if you use it alone. Ask for an antibiotic that will fight the breakouts while using a tretinoin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is my first night of treatment using the 0.025% cream. I applied very thinly after 30 mins washing my face. I don't think a pea size was quite practical to do the whole face evenly. Within a few hours, some of the pimples reduce in size. Tbh, I'm pretty scared about the purging but we'll see. I'll be updating

Update 21/9/2016
I think it helps tremendously with my comedonal acne. Yes it hasn't gotten rid of them completely yet. It hasn't been a month. But the purging wasn't as bad for me (maybe because I started with a terrible condition and I couldn't tell if it got worse at first?). I've been experiencing a lot peeling and flakiness around my mouth area and just under nasolabial folds. I think it's because I applied a little bit more around my mouth as I could visibly the comedones there and wanted to get rid of them faster... Moisturiser and vaseline have been my best friends. I apply my tretinoin nightly now (since the 2nd week)

on 11/14/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a review about tretinoin in 2012.

I've been using this since 2010. This is my 5th year edit: do not get on this product. The blowback will be the worst acne than even before you started out with. It'll make you regret you even went on medication in the first place. Do not use this cream for acne. I'm currently healing my skin with a raw food diet. Look up Dr Morse ND on YouTube.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i've been used stieve A cream 0.05% for about 3 days and the result quite impressive ! My acne slowly start to fade out. My skin getting less oily and smooth. For better result , drink lot of mineral water per day. At least 2 litre per day. i'll be update later about the result

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The first time i used 0.025% was a year ago, when i knew nothing. I applied it by itself before my skincare routine, as told. But i started flakin even after a month later. So i stopped. A year later i used it again by mixing it with obagi nuderm and night cream. Then i applied it by mixing it with retinol. It worked WONDERS. After just 4 days my acne scars already seem lighter and i have less acne. Also it controls oil better than acne products. I will use retin a until the end of time but i suggest uping the dosage only once a year as ur skin needs to get used to it. First time users mix the retin a instead of applying every 3 days at first. Just get ur skin to get used to it by mixing and then increase usage and dosage over time. That is the secret to gettin perfect retin a results without peeling

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used stieva a in the past before, but at the lowest dosage which is 0.01 and in a cream. I prefer cream over gel cause gel has alcohol and I don't like anything with alcohol, or I just don't prefer using things with alcohol as it is drying and stripping. I have now upped it to 0.025 as my acne is back since its colder and harsher due to winter conditions. Of it could be the season throwing off my hormone cycles. So who knows. Anyways, when I first used it I got greedy, I mean really greedy. I would apply a lot, twice a day, and for 4 days. I screwed up bad cause skin got dry and flaky as hell and was raw and Red. I stopped using it for about a week and then continued again, using it every 3rd day instead. Now I am using it nightly, daily but with a small small amount. I think the key is to use very little and moisturize. I screwed up at that part cause before when I used it, I didn't moisturize before and I put on a lot. Really, the idea is "less is more" and patience. I know this worked for me in the past, so I have faith, even though I've had a bad experience with the 0.025. I have moderate severe acne and Lots of scars . Just be patient and moisturize even if you hesitate. I learned that moisturizing is a must only when using this product in the winter. I've used 0.01 in the summer and moisturization was not needed. I guess this product works better in the summer, even though its not good to have sun exposure with this product. Good luck! So remember to use a little, have patience, and moisturize without a scented moisturizer!

on 1/11/2014 3:57:00 PM

I started using this because I had tiny rash-like pimples all over my face and I wanted them gone. I have been using 0.025 cream for a couple of months and I am finding it has been really effective-- my bumpy skin is FINALLY becoming smooth. It is definitly not a quick fix and it dries the hell out of my skin if I overdo it. I apply it religiously every night and if my skin starts to get dry out I'll skip it for a night or mix it in with a moisturizer. I'm hoping my skin will continue to improve when I move up to a higher percentage. Also.. I recently noticed my sisters skin looking very clear recently and it turns out she has been using it too.

on 12/17/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best money i've ever spent on my skin.. i have alot of acne scars...i dun usually pop them but they still leave those horrid brown scars...tried everything in the market till i tried this...i cant get this without a prescription in my country..so i buy this at ioffer.com from a thai seller...around 2 for $50...so its abt $25 pr tube for the 0.1%...but u must be patient though..skin gets worse before getting better...almost give up when i was looking like a peeling lizard...glad i continued..if u have scarring problems or wrinkles do give this a try..u wun be disappointed...

I've only begun using this in the past week after reading reviews on here and already it has made such a difference to my skin.

My skin became terrible after going on the Yasmin birth control pill, and I had (and continue to have) cystic acne all over my cheeks, jawline and chin. It has really got me down because people keep commenting on it. In a matter of days, my skin feels soft, the spots have DRASTICALLY gone down (even those that haven't budged for months) and now I can wear foundation without the bumps underneath and visible scars. People are saying how great my skin is looking.

The only drawback is the excessive peeling and sunburn feeling I'm getting on my face. I'm only applying it at night every other night, and mixing it with moisturiser seems to be helping with the burning sensation.

on 8/16/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best dermatologist trip I've ever made.

I've tried natural remedies, DIY everything, cleansers and moisturizers of every sort, but I would NOT go to a dermatologist, until the day my mother forced me to.

I wish I had gone sooner.

If you're scared to go to the dermatologist for some reason, don't, just go, you have nothing else to lose.