no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

4 years ago

My scalp (like the rest of my skin) has been growing more sensitive in recent years, so I've been searching for a gentle shampoo that will still manage oiliness without turning my hair to straw. The salesperson who steered me toward this product said she often recommends it to people with psoriasis and similar skin problems, so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was NOT a success, and I exchanged it for something else. PROS - Left my long, straight fine hair soft and manageable. CONS - After less than two weeks of using this shampoo, my scalp became severely itchy and flaky, even to the point of developing sores/scabs. I should have stopped using it sooner. - Strong, unpleasant, lingering scent that reminded me of eucalyptus or menthol - not what I want my hair to smell like all day. Nothing that contains SLS is going to be "soothing" for your scalp, as L'Oreal markets this to be. If you have a sensitive scalp, steer clear of something that is so heavy on sulfates and fragrance.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Background on this purshase: a couple of weeks back my hair started to build up residue like crazy and making my scalp super ichy, after the quickest scan throught my local salon I picked this up (I really wanted the Neutrogena anti residue shampo but they don't sell this in my country). This is a clear shampoo, which means its supposed to lather and clean deeply. I was expecting a lot more deep cleaning and I had to rinse and repeat quite a lot. Now, the residue isn't all gone but most of it is. I did not consider this to be as cleansing as I hoped but my hair loved it! Usually transparent shampoo strip my hair and make it dry but this one feels soft, I'd say moisturized even. The smell is quite good, smells like a good perfume but it doesn't stay on my hair so I don't know if it really matters. Overall I really like it and I'd buy it again until my salon gets the vector force line.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

Smells like CKOne, very gentle shampoo that seems to leave behind some extra protective moisture that wasn't there before. I like it. I use the Aesop Sage shampoo and Paul MItchell tea tree products if I want that refreshing / soothing coolness, but this one is good for everyday. I bought the really large bottle.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0
from

11 years ago

I suffer from an itchy scalp during the winter time. Sure, this is gentle and somewhat calming. However, the shampoo smells really weird, and the lathering is cr**py. I'm pretty sure I won't purchase again.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

EyesGreen

13 years ago

This is basically a mild and gentle shampoo. The fragrance is not as strong as the normal loreal products, and that is a big plus. The main idea with this product it that it is calming for the scalp. Is it? A bit... I use it now that it is winter and my scalp is ichy... It takes away a bit of it, but american crew is better for that. Hard to say what is does for my hair, because it is so short. But I often use it on people that I have coloured their hair, and many say that it calms the scalp after, and I often don´t have problems brushing the hair after shampooing with this...

About reviewer (266 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

13 years ago

Fantastic product. I have very very fine hair - but lots of it, and a ridiculously sensitive scalp. This has become my daily shampoo, for the first time in my life my hair is clean and bouncy *shock*, it's not an oil slick by the end of the day, AND my scalp LOVES it. Winner. HG! EDITED 16/11/06: Over time it turned my hair into straw. I have no idea how something so good for the scalp can me so nasty on the hair. I only use it very occasionally when my scalp is really upset.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

3.0

14 years ago

Sensi Balance has a calming effect on you're scalp. It smells a little bit harsh but still good. It works for those how have a little bit sensitive scalp sometimes. I recommend to use it maybe just about once a week, so you won't use it to often.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

AgeUnder 18