Sally Hansen Miracle Cure

3.5

Great as a base coat but did nothing for my super flaky nails.

After having gel nails for 2 years, I was forced to remove them as I am taking a cosmetology course and I'm required to have clean nails. When I removed my gel nails, my nails were soooo thin and weak and bent like crazy, so I was looking for a good nail strengthener. I saw amazing reviews for O.P.I's Nail Envy but it was like 25 euros, and I'm quite stingy with the money that I spent on makeup and I was not about to spend 25 euros on a bottle of nail polish. So I came across Sally Hansen's Miracle Cure which was 13.85 euros which is significantly cheaper than Nail Envy.

I have been using it religiously (I even set reminders on my phone) every other day for a month and I am in love with it! My nails definitely don't bent anymore with the slightest movement, they still chip but not so much like they did at the beginning, and the most amazing thing (at least for me) it helps promote nail growth! I was cutting my nails and I accidentally cut my pinky a bit too much (you could see the bottom layer of the tip) and I applied it and in about 3 days later it grew back to where you could see the tip perfectly!

Like I said, I'm in love, it dries in seconds, doesn't smell bad, the brush stick is quite long but it's easy to use and the brush is slightly square and thick which is perfect, and overall, if you want a dupe to Nail Envy, definitely try this, it might work for you!

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im satisfy with this product. My nails are realy harder, shiner and much more healthier. I would buy it again. I bought it with a magazin, because it was a present. All in all it cost about 3 euros (with the paper). A really good bargin :)

Having just had a very stubborn gel polish removed my nails have been breaking, flaking and peeling for the last few weeks. I purchased the Miracle Cure to hopefully assist with strengthening my nails a bit so they had a chance to grow. Immediately after Miracle Cure dried I could no longer feel the uneven surface of my nails, they were smooth and looked in much better condition than they were. After about 2 weeks of use my nails have gotten much stronger and have finally grown some. It does require re-application every two days or so as it peels off quite quickly, but it's relatively quick to dry so this is no problem for me. It's a bit pricey in comparison to some higher end products but it's also more readily available to buy in my area. Would buy again.

Useless. Sorry I wasted my money on this. Now fafantastically happy with OPI ORIGINAL FORMULA NAIL ENVY. Go ahead and pay for something that actually works. Not this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I telephoned Customer Service at Sally Hansen and said I was looking for a treatment base coat for my dry nails that broke (split) at the sides. Miracle Cure was the recommended product.

According to the packaging, this strengthening treatment for severely dry and brittle problem nails is guaranteed to provide 50% stronger nails in three days. It's a clear polish that can be used by itself or as a base coat and/or top coat. I used it as base coat. It dries quickly and has a great shine.

It's been five days since I began to use Miracle Cure. Almost immediately my nails began to feel harder. Unfortunately, almost immediately my nails began to break off at the ends.

Miracle Cure doesn't contain DBP, toluene, or formaldehyde.

Note 4/25/16: I'm trying this again, as it's very well liked on the Nail Board. I used as a base coat.
On Day 2, my nails feel harder. On Day 4, the middle fingernail on my right hand peeled off at the end. On Day 5, a chunk broke off the tip of the thumb on my left hand. On day 6 I see white (dry) spots on three of my nails. I don't plan to continue with Miracle Cure any longer and have removed it. I'm using Solar Oil to try to restore my nails.

did nothing for my peeling nails. wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After a summer of constantly painting my nails they were in a bit of a sad state- bendy, peel-y, yellowy, flaky. All of the bad things. I purchased a bottle of this to try and spruce them up a little, and I have to say it has certainly helped. I usually use it as a base coat which I've had no trouble with. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I would like to try something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have pretty good nails, but they do break occasionally. This is no "miracle" product, but I've found it works well as a strengthening base coat. Clear and shiny and makes my nails more resistant to breaking. I use Seche Vite as a top coat since it speeds up the drying process.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No product stops my nails from peeling. I'll just put it out there. All the top potions, nope. Glass file, nope. I've been on a high protein diet and taken biotin as well as prenatal vitamins daily. No dice. The only thing that does work is simply not using nail polish. Ever again. That route lasts a few months, but I get to missing fun colored nails, so...I just have to live with peeling. If I'm honest my hair is weak, too, so it's something on the inside I don't know about.

That said, I like this product. It makes my nails shiny, and once it peels off in 3 days I notice better looking, harder nails. My peel prone nails still did so, but they were going to anyway.

There's no sense in using this as a base coat, it peels too fast.

I recommend at least trying this once if you have chronic peeling nails. It isn't likely to be a perfect fix, though.