4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I really enjoy this cuticle cream and it does work for me. My fingernails are soooo dry and in horrible shape right now, BUT when using this, the skin around those ugly nails look great and hydrated. I'm hoping it will help hydrate my nails and they will grow some, but that's not what this product is marketed for so I won't rate it on that. I am fine with the packaging, but I'd prefer a tube. The product itself is very buttery and smooth. I like that it stays where I put it and doesn't drip all over the place. I can put this on my nails and still type or play on my phone and it doesn't transfer everywhere while it's working. I use this several times throughout the day and can definitely tell a difference after only a few uses. My nail beds looks really smooth and healthy, so I'm good with that. I throw this in my purse and can use it anywhere, anytime. The smell is just an added bonus!

About reviewer (165 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

a year ago

A brilliant treatment for my cuticles leaving them looking great and in general the skin around my nails is chaffing less and looks so much smoother and all round better. It's quite heavy (made up of various oils and cocoa butter after all) so I use it only on a night time - a tiny amount, massaging in where needed and then leaving to sink in for about 10 minutes whilst I get on with the rest of my routine. I find it transfers pretty easily so anything that involves touching any kind of paper must be dealt with before applying this! The lemon scent is comforting and helps clear my head at the end of the day, however for those not so big on citrus fragrances I must point out the aroma doesn't linger around for long. I've used quite a few cuticle treatments over the years but so far this is definitely my favorite.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

It works okay, no miracles but no major complaints either. I would describe the texture as more waxy and a little bit gritty than "buttery." It doesn't absorb as quickly or nicely as an oil product, so ironically it creates more of a mess when it transfers than a straight oil would. I think there's too much beeswax in the formula. It would also be a much better product if they cut out the lemon oil, but hey, it wouldn't be a Burt's Bees product if it didn't have unnecessary scaremongering of the "unnatural" products it's made without while simultaneously being packed full of potentially irritating and obnoxious smelling natural ingredients.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

If you're looking for a very temporary fix, this works. But the effects don't last long. After a while, it also becomes VERY difficult to open the lid. Pros: - Smells nice and fresh - Makes nails look healthy Cons: - Effects don't last long at all (less than an hour) - No long term effects - Lid can be impossible to open

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

LOVEE IT very hydrating

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

feels good, absorbs well, nice results and smells good too, what else would a girl want :)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

from

2 years ago

I've used this, and it's pretty good. It has a thick texture and smells like lemons. It soothes the cuticles and basically does what a cuticle cream should do. I apply a dab directly on each cuticle and massage it in until it disappears. This works, but it's not my favorite. First of all, I don't care for the packaging and would prefer a tube. Second, I prefer a multi purpose ointment like Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream or Aquaphor. It's a good product, but I probably won't buy again.

About reviewer (552 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This stuff is AMAZING. Have been using for years and is definitely a HG product. Can’t count how many times I’ve repurchased. I live in a mountainous very dry climate and nothing - I mean NOTHING else works like this when it comes to keeping my cuticles from being dry disasters. I also use on my elbows and any dry areas on my hands. If I don’t use it in the morning I notice the rest of the day and it drives me crazy until I put it on. Definite must-have.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

I am so addicted to this product. I have it out at least 3 times a day ... I use it on my cuticles and my hands... it is the best out there... the smell is of lemon and it has a silky smooth texture....sort of like a shea butter. Works wonders. My cuticles and hands have never looked so good. No longer dry and cracking.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Original review: It's a good product, but not great. Pros: - love the smell and non-gritty texture; - it fully absorbs in 10 minutes (way faster than Badger); - I love the packaging, super cute, small, light and easy to open. Cons: - it takes much more time to apply a cuticle cream compare to oils that have nail polish like brush or cuticle care pens; - it works great if I apply it twice daily. I have to apply significant amount and I have to make sure I rubbed it well into cuticles, that takes up to 5 minutes at least for both hands and feet, twice daily makes nearly 10 minutes a day spend on rubbing cream into the cuticles... I rather spend my time on something better than that. Not sure I'll buy again, I prefer nail care pens. UPDATE: A dry winter weather came and it totally stopped working. I won't buy it again.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral