Darphin Purifying Balm

Filtered by age: 30-35
Darphin Purifying Balm

3.8

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

I have a lot of acne scare and a lot of redness, also I'm running outside all year and live in a 4 season country so this product just do wonder to my skin, calm all the redness, hydrate and heal two thumbs up and yes it is very expensive but best purchased ever!

on 11/29/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I feel my skin is going to break out, I put this balm all over my face and the next morning my skin is calmed down. I don't think this balm really solves the problem 'under' the skin there, but my skin is stable the next day.

on 8/14/2013 5:19:00 PM

I remember thinking "You want me to put oil and beeswax on my skin to clear up my acne?!?!?!?!?" when the sales girl showed me this item. After a month or so, I decided I had nothing to lose so I thought I'd try it out.

The scent, like all Darphin products, is heavenly. It is heavy on essential oils, so it has a beautiful aromatic scent. It comes with a tiny Darphin spoon, so I spoon a tiny bit (1/4 pea sized) and warm between my finger tips, then massage into my freshly cleansed/exfoliated skin. It feels oily and heavy, but it is a super-ingredient powerhouse!

By the morning, my skin is glowing, the redness diminished, the blemishes I WOULD have woken up with aren't there, and the blemishes that WERE there have been reduced!

The trick with this product when you are dealing with a particularly nasty breakout is to use it every night or every other night until you're cleared up. You REALLY have to listen to your skin. The essential oils in here are quite powerful and you could dry out your skin if you use it every night... I never use it more than 3 nights in a row.

Apply your eye cream first, you don't want the residue of this purifying balm on your fingers as you apply your eye treatment.

It is worth every penny...this jar lasts for-practically-ever. It stings when you have to fork out almost $100 for this tiny jar, but once you realize you'll have it for about 2 years, it's makes it a little easier to swallow :)

on 6/20/2013 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Helps calm my acne! I put it on at night and wake up with calmer clearer skin!

on 6/8/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I thought this would be the cure for my congested skin. Lately I don't know what the problem is, but I've got all these little bumps on my forehead, cheeks and chin?? They're not all whiteheads or blackheads, but just bumps. It's irritating and looks gross :( Since I'm a fan of the Darphin Camomille oil and this ranked so high on MUA I thought I'd give it a go. The SA told me to use it every night for 7 days, and then when needed. At first nothing really happened, it calmed my skin and felt amazing, but I still had bumps. By night 5 I wasn't seeing results. So I tried to return it, and the Darphin rep was there, she looked at my skin and suggested I exfoliate first. I did that night and voila! AMAZING! It's like the balm wasn't penetrating through my skin? Anyways, I never returned it and have been using it weekly since, once in the evening after exfoliating.
Pros:
- calmed my redness
- non-irritating to my sensitive skin
- reduced irritation and didn't cause further clogs
Cons:
- poor packaging, you're only supposed to use a "grain of rice" amount and it's hard to get that out of the pot, I used a q-tip, but still felt like it wasted a bit
- very expensive for the small amount you get
Overall I wouldn't repurchase. It does nothing for my comedone problem. I started using aha and salicylic acid and my skin cleared up much faster than using this. It's a nice "luxury" product, but definitely not a necessity for me. At that price, and given the poor packaging, I'd rather treat myself to a facial or IPL for my redness.

This didn't work for me at all, it just sat on top of my skin and made it much worse. I am so glad that nightmare is over.

on 10/25/2011 5:16:00 AM

Excellent decongesting action. Used at night around nose area and brighter, clearer skin is invariably the result in the AM. Highly recommended.

I put this balm overnight and next morning my skin looks rested, no redness. Looks like it's healing my post acne spots. Friends also noticed a difference in my skin. I tried other products, but this one the best so far. It's expensive, but last looong time.

on 2/16/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay. This is not a product that you totally need. There are probably less expensive, working products that might do similar benefits for your skin. It's not a miraculous product, it doesn't work overnight. It took me a month before I noticed any visible difference. But. First of all, you don't always need to buy just the stuff you need. You need to indulge youself a bit! This is not just a balm, this is a luxurious spa experience, makes me feel happy and good just by inhaling its smell and performing the crazy Darphin ritual of applying it and enjoying those three minutes of complete relaxation. But this balm is also so much more, it calms the skin and evens the skin tone leaving it looking and feeling so much healthier, it even helped reducing the size of my pores which is unbelieveable!
You only need to apply a small quantity two to three times a week so despite the small packaging it lasts long.
Love love love!

This is a great product for acne prone skin. People with acne prone skin are familiar with the double edged sword of acne medication clearing up but drying out and irritating the skin...causing it to get red, irritated, crusty not to mention painful. I keep this in my medicine cabinet and save it for my crisis mode skin moments. When dealing with dry broken out skin that doesn't seem to heal no matter what I try...I SWEAR...a pea size of this product is the cure. I have found I have to do some convincing with my acne prone women in order to get them to try this product. The texture is similar to vaseline but stiffer. Many women who suffer from breakouts are terrified at the thought of putting something of this texture on their skin..as was I when I first tried it. Many women don't realize that mineral oil is the main oil you want to avoid applying to the skin. This product contains no mineral oil. In fact it contains 25 essential oils all which are detoxifying and purifying oil which help to clear up the skin. I really LOVE this product. It is one of my very favorites!!