Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 12/20/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried this cleanser and Eve Lom's Morning Time cleanser, and I think this one is much better. It comes off more cleanly. When I use this along with the muslin cloth, my skin feels squeaky clean but not tight or dry. However, I don't use this all the time. I use it more as a treatment facial. Daily use seems to over-exfoliate my skin. Plus, I don't have time to constantly launder the muslin cloths or for the whole elaborate Eve Lom routine for that matter. Another bonus, if you're using this only once a week, a small $50.00 dollar jar should last ages. I figure it's cheaper than facials.

on 11/17/2016 8:30:00 PM

This was not one of my favorite purchases, and I should have paid attention to the naysayers, but it was my first foray into cleansing balms and this item popped up quite a bit during my research for one. However, while using this product, I could also see why some other people liked this product so much. It is heavy, gritty in texture, very emollient (and therefore easy to massage into the skin), and herbal-scented. These qualities, I imagine, are great for some skin types and not so great for other skin types. Big downside - this product is so darn expensive, and so little in amount, and to really get my makeup off, I had to use a sizeable amount.

I have a combination to oily, sometimes very oily skin - so maybe that is why I did not enjoy my experiences when using the balm. It was too heavy on my skin. Plus, the scent was too strong for me. (I have no opinion about the merits of whether scented products are bad for the skin, or not...personal choice, I suppose.) Plus, after using the product (with the cleansing cloth, as instructed), I still felt the need to do a second cleansing with my regular gel-cleanser.

The best part is the cleansing cloth that comes with the cleanser (but it can be purchased separately). I have finished this - I am so glad - and I have no intention of repurchasing.

on 11/14/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out. Too much hassle for a daily cleanser, without any results to back it up. Oh, and way overpriced for an ineffective, even detrimental (ie breakout) product.

on 10/18/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my holy grail of cleansers. I absolutely and totally love this product. I wear heavy makeup everyday for work and the only cleanser which has proven to work alone without any help from other cleansers or micellar lotions is this one. It smells wonderful, melts beautifully to allow you to massage away your makeup incl. waterproof makeup. You do need to use a decent amount though but once only.
I have tried other products incl. Omorovicza thermal cleansing balm and Emma Hadie Moringa balm. To me none compared and my evening makeup removing ritual is important so I want the best of the best. The price is a bit excessive but you can find some decent deals on some sites like lookfantastic. I definitely recommend the product and also suggest you make sure to use a muslin cloth and not towel or other.

on 5/19/2016 12:34:00 AM

Absolutely love this product ..... I do not use this as a makeup remover but instead as a face treatment a couple of times a week and I note that my face is baby smooth and has a great glow. I am not a fan of the herbal smell, but that is my only issue .... I love using the muslin cloth when hot and truly feel that it opens my pores and cleans out my skin. I have normal skin and it works great, however, my husband spends a lot of time outdoors with his business, and his skin has been getting drier, and so I have talked him into using this product and this works amazingly well on dry skin .... he is left with the softest skin and I swear he looks younger. I understand that the price is super pricey, however, my skin absolutely loves this product and it is a nice splurge. Love it!

on 5/2/2016 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Love the smell and texture of this cleanser. I would not use it every day, as it takes some time to apply it, and is a little too much for a daily routine. Good for spa like days at home though. Too expensive, no package for the cloth, so it has to find a place somewhere in your bathroom to dry.

on 4/17/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looking for a change up from my regular cleanser, I tried this after it was recommended at Mecca Cosmetica. Breakouts have been relentless since I've started using it, but my skin is in the worst condition it has been for some time. I do enjoy the spa like ritual, but will probably discontinue using it as my skin just does not like it. I've given it 3 weeks.

on 3/2/2016 2:44:00 PM

Love the 'spa in my bathroom' feeling with this cleanser. Thanks to Lisa Eldridge's video's I started using this as a massaging product as well. I cannot use this to remove my eye make-up, since I do not like to cleanse my eyes with something oily. But in the end you will have a very clean skin without the dry tight feeling. However I will not repurchase it when it is finished. Mainly because of the pricetag. I will probably give the Bobbi Brown cleanser a try.

on 2/5/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have received this cleansing balm as a gift and have used it a little over a week. Overall I'm on the fence about it, and checked "no" whether I would rebuy. I do like the concept of a cleansing balm, and I have used Bobbi Brown's orange balm during the winter months. Along came this gift of the Eve Lom balm.
Pros:
- I like the herbal smell - obviously this is personal and subjective, so I recommend checking out the scent before spending money on this expensive product for anyone sensitive to smells
- Massaging in the thick balm in the evenings is an enjoyable, relaxing ritual to me
- The product seems to remove sunscreen and makeup quite well
Cons:
- I am not sure about the daily use of the muslin cloth on my sensitive skin as it is quite rough
- I noticed a few breakouts on my skin, especially on my nose and forehead and I very very rarely experience breakouts. Because I didn't change anything else in my skin care routine I suspect it's probably this product. Looking at the ingredients I highly doubt that the mineral oil is to blame as another reviewer stated as it is such a neutral and also ubiquitous agent, but the Chamomile oil is a more likely culprit since it is an allergen for many people. So I will discontinue using this for now, allow my skin to recover and try again in a few weeks. If anything changes at that point I will update this review, but for now I would caution users with allergies and highly sensitive skins.

on 1/28/2016 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this on the recommendation of my little sister, who has the best. skin. ever. (She also recommended the Biologique Recherche P50 toner, which is amazing and will be reviewed separately, so I trust her!)

A little bit of this cleanser goes a long way. The thick, yellow balm melts between your fingertips and you rub it in (it even removes stubborn eye makeup) and then use the included muslin cloth to either go full spa-treatment and warm it a few times with the cloth, or just rub it off. The cloth is very exfoliating, and I find the longer you leave the cleanser on, the happier my skin afterward. I love the thick texture and the herbal smell.

I have dry, fairly sensitive skin and this cleanser never leaves my skin feeling dirty, filmy, dry or tight.

It's very expensive, but for the amount I can use every night, it lasts a long time. (I've had mine several months and am halfway through the package. Disclaimer: on lazy night I use Bioderma micellar water instead. On very lazy nights I use Neutrogena wipes.)

I feel like my younger skin wouldn't have liked this product as much (I was more oily and prone to breakouts) but now it works nicely for me.