Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 5/19/2016 12:34:00 AM

Absolutely love this product ..... I do not use this as a makeup remover but instead as a face treatment a couple of times a week and I note that my face is baby smooth and has a great glow. I am not a fan of the herbal smell, but that is my only issue .... I love using the muslin cloth when hot and truly feel that it opens my pores and cleans out my skin. I have normal skin and it works great, however, my husband spends a lot of time outdoors with his business, and his skin has been getting drier, and so I have talked him into using this product and this works amazingly well on dry skin .... he is left with the softest skin and I swear he looks younger. I understand that the price is super pricey, however, my skin absolutely loves this product and it is a nice splurge. Love it!

on 5/2/2016 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Love the smell and texture of this cleanser. I would not use it every day, as it takes some time to apply it, and is a little too much for a daily routine. Good for spa like days at home though. Too expensive, no package for the cloth, so it has to find a place somewhere in your bathroom to dry.

To Read all 300 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/17/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looking for a change up from my regular cleanser, I tried this after it was recommended at Mecca Cosmetica. Breakouts have been relentless since I've started using it, but my skin is in the worst condition it has been for some time. I do enjoy the spa like ritual, but will probably discontinue using it as my skin just does not like it. I've given it 3 weeks.

on 3/2/2016 2:44:00 PM

Love the 'spa in my bathroom' feeling with this cleanser. Thanks to Lisa Eldridge's video's I started using this as a massaging product as well. I cannot use this to remove my eye make-up, since I do not like to cleanse my eyes with something oily. But in the end you will have a very clean skin without the dry tight feeling. However I will not repurchase it when it is finished. Mainly because of the pricetag. I will probably give the Bobbi Brown cleanser a try.

on 2/5/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have received this cleansing balm as a gift and have used it a little over a week. Overall I'm on the fence about it, and checked "no" whether I would rebuy. I do like the concept of a cleansing balm, and I have used Bobbi Brown's orange balm during the winter months. Along came this gift of the Eve Lom balm.
Pros:
- I like the herbal smell - obviously this is personal and subjective, so I recommend checking out the scent before spending money on this expensive product for anyone sensitive to smells
- Massaging in the thick balm in the evenings is an enjoyable, relaxing ritual to me
- The product seems to remove sunscreen and makeup quite well
Cons:
- I am not sure about the daily use of the muslin cloth on my sensitive skin as it is quite rough
- I noticed a few breakouts on my skin, especially on my nose and forehead and I very very rarely experience breakouts. Because I didn't change anything else in my skin care routine I suspect it's probably this product. Looking at the ingredients I highly doubt that the mineral oil is to blame as another reviewer stated as it is such a neutral and also ubiquitous agent, but the Chamomile oil is a more likely culprit since it is an allergen for many people. So I will discontinue using this for now, allow my skin to recover and try again in a few weeks. If anything changes at that point I will update this review, but for now I would caution users with allergies and highly sensitive skins.

on 1/28/2016 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this on the recommendation of my little sister, who has the best. skin. ever. (She also recommended the Biologique Recherche P50 toner, which is amazing and will be reviewed separately, so I trust her!)

A little bit of this cleanser goes a long way. The thick, yellow balm melts between your fingertips and you rub it in (it even removes stubborn eye makeup) and then use the included muslin cloth to either go full spa-treatment and warm it a few times with the cloth, or just rub it off. The cloth is very exfoliating, and I find the longer you leave the cleanser on, the happier my skin afterward. I love the thick texture and the herbal smell.

I have dry, fairly sensitive skin and this cleanser never leaves my skin feeling dirty, filmy, dry or tight.

It's very expensive, but for the amount I can use every night, it lasts a long time. (I've had mine several months and am halfway through the package. Disclaimer: on lazy night I use Bioderma micellar water instead. On very lazy nights I use Neutrogena wipes.)

I feel like my younger skin wouldn't have liked this product as much (I was more oily and prone to breakouts) but now it works nicely for me.

on 1/27/2016 6:11:00 PM

Really enjoyed the spa like regime and the strong smells and thorough cleaning of the skin with this balm, however it broke my skin out quite badly. Have since researched this (something I wish I had done before spending £55 on a tub of it and this is a common problem due to the mineral oil in the ingredients. Save your money, do not purchase unless u have very dry skin. Combination or at all sensitive skin and this is a no no.

I really like this stuff I love how it smells I like that it has the gentle grain that help exfoliate too. I read the description of this cleanser on sephoras website apparently this has acne fighting ingredients too, but I actually think this has been aggravating my milia and drying my skin out. I'm a strong believer in "products don't cause acne" I'm pretty sure my acne is hormonal. I do use it with the hot cloth method and it's delightful I'm not gonna lie I do enjoy using this cleanser i I don't know if it's because it's $80 dollars or because I really do like it lol. If you got money to splurge on an awesome cleanser like this go for it!

on 12/3/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Do I love it? YES

Is it overpriced ? OH YES ;)

Tips: THIS IS BOTH MY MAKEUP REMOVER AND CLEANSER. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND USE A VERY WARM WET CLOTH TO STEAM, THEN WIPE ALL PRODUCT OFF . I THEN RINSE MY SKIN WITH PLENTY OF WARM WATER.

Dupes? THERE ARE OTHERS THAT PERFORM EQUALLY WELL (CLINIQUES CLEANSING BALM COMES TO MIND). BUT I LOVE EVE LOM'S LUXURIOUS SPA FRAGRANCE AND TEXTURE . NEVER DRIES OUT MY SKIN.

I love this stuff. However, the price tag is not ideal! I've always spent quite a bit on my cleansing but this is super pricey! That said, you could use it every other day or so to spread it out but its almost impossible to resist it once you have it in the house. Effective and delightful. I just couldn't wait to cleanse my face in the evenings.....

Update 1 -
... After my third pot I decided it was too expensive to maintain and that I must be able to find something cheaper! The hunt began.....

Update 2 -
I have tried a fair few alternatives including Liz earl hot cloth cleanser, boots no7 hot cloth, dermalogic special cleansing gel. While Liz Earl was nice and I used to love dermalogica they are not a patch on Eve Lom. I have decided to just accept this is the holy grail of cleansing and that I can't possibly resist. I have quite sensitive skin and there is no irritation l, not even round the eyes. I use mine on on average every other evening, and definitley after I have worn what I call a full face of makeup (I don't tend to use it if I've just worn minimal makeup). I don't use it in the morning as it's not necessary, I just use a simple face wash. This has dramatically improved the texture and clarity of my skin. I would say it has more radiance and I haven't had breakouts or blemishes since I've used it.

If you have delicate skin you may not want to buff the cleanser off with the muslin cloth every time. about every third time I use it I skip this and just remove it gently with warm water after a nice facial massage.

Things I love about it: -
IT WORKS - better than anything I have ever used. my skin is perfectly cleansed, exfoliated and not dried out. I think the difference in your skin can be seen after about a week of use every evening.
The smell is gorgeous in my opinion - it smells like a true spa delight!
The texture - it feels like luxury! You don't feel like you're being rough with your skin as it melts in and you massage away!

Shop around online for this. You can often pick it up on offer for £35 for 100ml rather than the RRP of £55 for example. And of course the bigger you buy the cheaper it is.