Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleanser
CleanserCleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 4/12/2017 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Antiquated formulation full of mineral oil. It was groundbreaking a few decades ago. It is now inundated with many other brands with far superior ingredients. Not even worth half the price. Jane Scrivener or Emma Hardies beat this by a country mile. Hard pass.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is too expensive for me to run out and purchase, but I did get a sample from Sephora that gave me a few uses, which came with a little cheesecloth.

The texture and smell of this product is very... unique. It's kind of snotty and clotty and smells very herbal and sort of like butter. I do not think it smells the best.

That being said I followed the instructions for the little cleaning ritual which was fun and it really felt great and removed my makeup effectively. It was recommended to me for people with acne prone skin, but in my limited experience it didn't break me out or improve my skin.

If I had the funds I would totally repurchased, however this is too much for me to justify having in my normal routine. I'd get a sample if you can just to try it. It's a very unique experience!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Delightful to use: delicious smelling, moisturizing, effective at removing makeup. Woke up covered in whiteheads.

on 12/20/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried this cleanser and Eve Lom's Morning Time cleanser, and I think this one is much better. It comes off more cleanly. When I use this along with the muslin cloth, my skin feels squeaky clean but not tight or dry. However, I don't use this all the time. I use it more as a treatment facial. Daily use seems to over-exfoliate my skin. Plus, I don't have time to constantly launder the muslin cloths or for the whole elaborate Eve Lom routine for that matter. Another bonus, if you're using this only once a week, a small $50.00 dollar jar should last ages. I figure it's cheaper than facials.

on 11/17/2016 8:30:00 PM

This was not one of my favorite purchases, and I should have paid attention to the naysayers, but it was my first foray into cleansing balms and this item popped up quite a bit during my research for one. However, while using this product, I could also see why some other people liked this product so much. It is heavy, gritty in texture, very emollient (and therefore easy to massage into the skin), and herbal-scented. These qualities, I imagine, are great for some skin types and not so great for other skin types. Big downside - this product is so darn expensive, and so little in amount, and to really get my makeup off, I had to use a sizeable amount.

I have a combination to oily, sometimes very oily skin - so maybe that is why I did not enjoy my experiences when using the balm. It was too heavy on my skin. Plus, the scent was too strong for me. (I have no opinion about the merits of whether scented products are bad for the skin, or not...personal choice, I suppose.) Plus, after using the product (with the cleansing cloth, as instructed), I still felt the need to do a second cleansing with my regular gel-cleanser.

The best part is the cleansing cloth that comes with the cleanser (but it can be purchased separately). I have finished this - I am so glad - and I have no intention of repurchasing.

on 11/14/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out. Too much hassle for a daily cleanser, without any results to back it up. Oh, and way overpriced for an ineffective, even detrimental (ie breakout) product.

on 10/18/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my holy grail of cleansers. I absolutely and totally love this product. I wear heavy makeup everyday for work and the only cleanser which has proven to work alone without any help from other cleansers or micellar lotions is this one. It smells wonderful, melts beautifully to allow you to massage away your makeup incl. waterproof makeup. You do need to use a decent amount though but once only.
I have tried other products incl. Omorovicza thermal cleansing balm and Emma Hadie Moringa balm. To me none compared and my evening makeup removing ritual is important so I want the best of the best. The price is a bit excessive but you can find some decent deals on some sites like lookfantastic. I definitely recommend the product and also suggest you make sure to use a muslin cloth and not towel or other.

on 5/19/2016 12:34:00 AM

Absolutely love this product ..... I do not use this as a makeup remover but instead as a face treatment a couple of times a week and I note that my face is baby smooth and has a great glow. I am not a fan of the herbal smell, but that is my only issue .... I love using the muslin cloth when hot and truly feel that it opens my pores and cleans out my skin. I have normal skin and it works great, however, my husband spends a lot of time outdoors with his business, and his skin has been getting drier, and so I have talked him into using this product and this works amazingly well on dry skin .... he is left with the softest skin and I swear he looks younger. I understand that the price is super pricey, however, my skin absolutely loves this product and it is a nice splurge. Love it!

on 5/2/2016 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Love the smell and texture of this cleanser. I would not use it every day, as it takes some time to apply it, and is a little too much for a daily routine. Good for spa like days at home though. Too expensive, no package for the cloth, so it has to find a place somewhere in your bathroom to dry.

on 4/17/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looking for a change up from my regular cleanser, I tried this after it was recommended at Mecca Cosmetica. Breakouts have been relentless since I've started using it, but my skin is in the worst condition it has been for some time. I do enjoy the spa like ritual, but will probably discontinue using it as my skin just does not like it. I've given it 3 weeks.