Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleanser
CleanserCleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 7/26/2018 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I went to Marshalls ONLY FOR body lotion .Wah wah. We all know cant walk into Marshalls for one item.
I saw this in a package for $50 which is amazing because came with a serum and lotion ad i know this is pricy, usually $70 + for just the cleanser. So point is, id of never tried this full price even though id read the hype for a while. Ive also never tried cleansing balms. I must say my face looks amazing. Its a little more work than regular cleanser but the cloth really opens up my pores, my skin is truly clean, it tingles. I look bright and awake and it really truly cleans. I am ok with the smell and okay with the extra steps because it makes me feel feminine and luxurious like i am getting an at home facial.

on 6/27/2018 12:58:00 PM

Smells like stinky weeds! It would have been a 4 or 5 stars had it not been for the STRONG smell. I’m not at all scent sensitive but this stuff is over the top smelly, so much so that I’m afraid it might stick with me.

on 1/22/2018 6:54:00 PM

I love this. I love it I love it I love it.

I wish it wasn’t so expensive, but a jar lasted me about three months.

It gets everything off, even long wear lipstick that stays on
Iike superglue. Whooooosh! Gone!

on 5/14/2017 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a review that comes down to a list of pros and cons for me, with more cons. But the bottom line with this cleanser is that it pretty much changed nothing with my skin. Like at all.

Pros:
1) I purchased the 100ml in February and I'm just only running out. So, for a good 3-4 months of use this is great value. I liked that.
2) I had a horrible experience with laser/photo-rejuvenation that left my forehead burnt. I believe this helped a lot in reducing the scarring and was extremely gentle on my skin when it was in a bad state.
3) It is incredible in removing makeup. It will melt the thickest most stubborn makeup away. Yay, no double cleansing.

Cons
1) The smell is quite bad. It smells like tomato sauce. I know a lot of people have said it smells earthy and natural, but nope.
2) Can be time consuming. The whole put on, soak cloth, sit on face in three 5 second intervals, scrub off with cloth, rinse in cold water, sit on face again routine can be a lot.
3) It did nothing for my acne. I don't have bad acne, but it's there. It's mild and I experience under the surface bumps here and there. This did nothing for them. Or my blackheads.
4) The cloth claims to allow the skin to be exfoliated. But does nothing. I still had a lot of build up on my face. Which isn't bad, but if you're paying for something thats meant to be multitasking...

Overall, there's so many cheaper and better cleansers out there. I would not repurchase, but we had a nice time together.

on 4/12/2017 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Antiquated formulation full of mineral oil. It was groundbreaking a few decades ago. It is now inundated with many other brands with far superior ingredients. Not even worth half the price. Jane Scrivener or Emma Hardies beat this by a country mile. Hard pass.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is too expensive for me to run out and purchase, but I did get a sample from Sephora that gave me a few uses, which came with a little cheesecloth.

The texture and smell of this product is very... unique. It's kind of snotty and clotty and smells very herbal and sort of like butter. I do not think it smells the best.

That being said I followed the instructions for the little cleaning ritual which was fun and it really felt great and removed my makeup effectively. It was recommended to me for people with acne prone skin, but in my limited experience it didn't break me out or improve my skin.

If I had the funds I would totally repurchased, however this is too much for me to justify having in my normal routine. I'd get a sample if you can just to try it. It's a very unique experience!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Delightful to use: delicious smelling, moisturizing, effective at removing makeup. Woke up covered in whiteheads.

on 12/20/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried this cleanser and Eve Lom's Morning Time cleanser, and I think this one is much better. It comes off more cleanly. When I use this along with the muslin cloth, my skin feels squeaky clean but not tight or dry. However, I don't use this all the time. I use it more as a treatment facial. Daily use seems to over-exfoliate my skin. Plus, I don't have time to constantly launder the muslin cloths or for the whole elaborate Eve Lom routine for that matter. Another bonus, if you're using this only once a week, a small $50.00 dollar jar should last ages. I figure it's cheaper than facials.

on 11/17/2016 8:30:00 PM

This was not one of my favorite purchases, and I should have paid attention to the naysayers, but it was my first foray into cleansing balms and this item popped up quite a bit during my research for one. However, while using this product, I could also see why some other people liked this product so much. It is heavy, gritty in texture, very emollient (and therefore easy to massage into the skin), and herbal-scented. These qualities, I imagine, are great for some skin types and not so great for other skin types. For myself - not so great. Another big downside - this product is so darn expensive, and so little in amount, and to really get my makeup off, I had to use a sizeable amount.

I have a combination to oily, sometimes very oily skin - so maybe that is why I did not enjoy my experiences when using the balm. It was too heavy on my skin. Plus, the scent was too strong for me. (I have no opinion on the merits of whether scented products are bad for the skin, or not... personal choice, I suppose.) Plus, after using the product (with the cleansing cloth, as instructed), I still felt the need to do a second cleansing with my regular gel-cleanser.

The best part is the cleansing cloth that comes with the cleanser (but it can be purchased separately). I have finished this - I am so glad - and I have no intention of repurchasing.

on 11/14/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out. Too much hassle for a daily cleanser, without any results to back it up. Oh, and way overpriced for an ineffective, even detrimental (ie breakout) product.