3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I have a mini size of this and I don't know how to finish it as it smells horrible! To me it smells like cat food along with a balsamic component. I also do not find it more effective than other cleansing balms so I just do not understand the hype. Definitely not buying again. I think I 'll keep on purchasing the "the body shop" one which retails for a fraction of the price compared to this.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlond

3 months ago

I will add my voice to the pantheon of the reviewing crowd. I have been a devoted lover/user of Erno Laszlo products, I adore the square-shaped plastic bottles especially the four-ounce size because that was the original plastic that the good doctor used. I know I am som far-off Eve Lom subject. Back I go to my review. Upon thoroughly looking at my skin in a magnifying mirror(horror of horrors)I came to the conclusion that I was overdue for a change. As one might guess I read every review on many sites. I looked at Nordstrom but of course, Make-up Alley was my first stop so I hit the ground running. I found a six-ounce jar on eBay for under sixty dollars, somehow I knew this would work for me...and it did. I do miss using an astringent, but truly no matter how I try to convince myself, astringent, which contains alcohol is too much my skin. After the very thorough cleansing, which I love, I followed the directions to the letter and found the experience(that's what it is)to be so luxurious that I particularly look forward to using this when I've had a long or tiring day. I have only been using the cleanser for five nights so obviously it is far too soon to make a final determination but my instinct tells me that I am probably right. One final opinion, I love the scent and how it blossoms with the warm, wet cloth, which by the way I have been using a microfiber dusting/household one till the mislin ones arrived and frankly I prefer the looped microfiber, probably because it holds more of the steam on the face, which is a good thing. Update: I am still very impressed with this cleanser, in fact even more so since I wrote my earlier review. I was concerned that using just this one cream instead of my Erno Laszlo oil, then forty splashes of hot water, would cause any congestion on my nose or chin and am happy to report there is no clogging of pores anywhere on my face.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

6 months ago

The price for this legendary cleansing balm is outrageous but I found an "Iconic Cleanse Ornament" (a .7 ounce jar of the cleanser and a muslin cloth) for $19.99 at Marshalls and grabbed it up. The .7 ounce cleanser (the mini) sells for $32 at Sephora in Canada and the muslin cloth is almost $10, so what I paid was a pretty good value. I really do like the balm and whole process of using a hot cloth to soften the product and help it melt and cleanse my skin. I find the hot cloth and the scent of the cleanser to be very soothing and I like the whole process. But honestly, for the price - well, I can get the same results using The Body Shop's chamomile cleanser and one of their muslin clothes at a small fraction of what this stuff costs. Both balms are to be applied to dry skin but I find this cleanser drags and pulls more than I like and doesn't melt and spread around as nicely or smoothly as the one from The Body Shop. So unless I manage to find Eve Lom seriously marked down again (I did once see a full sized jar at Marshalls for a steep but still much reduced price but didn't buy it as I knew the reviews for this were not all that glowing), I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

from

6 months ago

I like this, my sister recommended it so I got a small tub, it smells nice, texture is smooth...easy to apply and remove.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I don’t want to throw it in the bin because the price. That’s why I tried this cleanser so many times . It broke me out at every single time. I hate this product. Trust me, don’t waste money on it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

It’s fine, non-irritating and non-drying. It seems to be mostly mineral oil from looking at the ingredients, which is fairly inert. It’s slightly exfoliating when used with the cloth - my peeling gel didn’t have any peel-off after a week of this. I don’t see any brightening or redness reduction using this, which is what l’d hoped for.

About reviewer (152 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

I have this cleanser as a sample and it´s a NO for sensitive or allergic very dry skin! After 3 uses Iwoke up with about five big red itchy bumps on my face and as I dint´t change anything else in my routine, I can only blame Eve lom. So, although I love how it cleanses the skin and the whole ritual, I won´t use this one anymore. Also, I don´t think that everyday exfoliating with the cloth is good for sensitive skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

EyesOther

a year ago

I couldn’t agree with Terese4444 more. It smells like “stinky weeds”. This is downright foul smelling. To the point where I couldn’t believe I actually went through with giving it a try. It is nothing special, and I’d never reach for it again, ever, not even if it was given to me for free. The sample packet I had was more than I needed to know I would never purchase this. It didn’t really foam up, which I don’t actually find to be a must when cleansing my face but this was probably the least pleasurable cleansing experience I’ve ever had. Two thumbs down. Yuck!

About reviewer (968 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

from

2 years ago

I went to Marshalls ONLY FOR body lotion .Wah wah. We all know cant walk into Marshalls for one item. I saw this in a package for $50 which is amazing because came with a serum and lotion ad i know this is pricy, usually $70 + for just the cleanser. So point is, id of never tried this full price even though id read the hype for a while. Ive also never tried cleansing balms. I must say my face looks amazing. Its a little more work than regular cleanser but the cloth really opens up my pores, my skin is truly clean, it tingles. I look bright and awake and it really truly cleans. I am ok with the smell and okay with the extra steps because it makes me feel feminine and luxurious like i am getting an at home facial.

About reviewer (238 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

Smells like stinky weeds! It would have been a 4 or 5 stars had it not been for the STRONG smell. I’m not at all scent sensitive but this stuff is over the top smelly, so much so that I’m afraid it might stick with me.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure