Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
C E FerulicSkinCeuticals C E Ferulic

3.7

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, 1% Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, 0.5% Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 12/10/2016 2:28:00 PM

Unless you have a weird reaction to this - not using it would be crazy.

on 12/5/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have read quite a few mixed reviews, but after using this several times a week fro about 9 months now, I can say my skin has shown good improvements. I have sensitive skin that can get red and flaky as well as getting a lot of blackheads. I would say that is very expensive, but you only need 2-3 drops so my bottle is still very full.

on 12/2/2016 3:07:00 AM

I never post reviews. This is actually my first one. I read a lot of negative ones about this and it ticked me off a bit. Most people are complaining about the smell, but smell for one does not indicate how well a product works. That being sad the smell is an issue that should only last like the first three uses after that you get used it. (I actually love it now) I have such sensitive skin that gets red and itchy and I get black heads so easily. I love this product so much. It's something I use everyday. It gave me some what of a glow and it even made my dark circles lighter. (Not supposed to use under your eyes) but I never had an issue. To save more spray a dab of organic rosewater on your face and then you can spread it easier on your skin.

on 10/29/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must be in the minority, but my skin LOVES the CE Furlic Acid. I initially got it as a sample, (which lasted about a month) and not only did I notice a "freshness" to my skin, other people commented on it. So I bought a bottle of it. I figure it was doing something right if my husband thought it was worth spending the $$ on it.

That bottle lasted just about 6 months using in the am after a washed face. When I needed to rebuy it, I was balking about spending the money again (I think I had 20% off the first time I purchased it) I did some searching online for similar type products that would be less expensive.

I ended up buying a 6 pack of samples... same volume as 1 large bottle. for 1/5 the price. I feel that since i used the product every day for 6 months I'd be able to judge whether I got a "fake" Nope,.. product worked great. And even better, I LOVE the sample size bottles. 1/month, easy to travel with, and the others are refrigerated. So price for the full size bottle I give 3 stars But I give 5 stars to the price I paid from the seller I purchased from.

regarding results.. I feel that my skin has a more youthful glow to it. Not the dullness I had before.

I have been using now for 2 years (several repurchases of the mini bottles). I am 46 and 4 years older than my husband. Regular use of sunscreen for decades gets most of the credit for my skin looking good enough that most people think I'm younger.. But I think this plays a big part too. I don't know that when I was younger whether it would have made a difference though... I already had good skin then.. but mid-40s there was a dullness to my skin that I didn't used to have. And this fixes it, at least for me

on 10/11/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am 25 and have very dry and thick skin that is not allergic to anything I've tried. My skin never broke out and generally reacts to new products quickly and effectively. This product didn't break me out, didn't make me dry, but the horrible application process plus the price tag, plus the anxiety to finish it quick before it oxidizes completely, make me regret buying this deeply. I feel like everyday I am stressing over how to quickly screw the dropper in without letting much air in (picture this: drops of serum in my left palm, and my right hand struggling to close it immediately , whether the color is darkening (in my imagination probably), and escaping from sunlight before I'm at the step of applying sunscreen.
The product smells awful and feels extremely sticky on the face. I always apply it directly after washing my face, and leave it on for 15 minutes before moving on to the next steps. On several occasions I also felt a tingling pain, which I seldom get from any acidic treatment.
After a month of using it daily in the mornings, I'm now down to half a bottle, but I really want to flush it down the toilet to prevent myself from torturing myself another month with this. Oh and, I see absolutely no changes in my skin - I don't have any dark spots or freckles or fine lines, but I haven't noticed any brightening effect either. What is this antioxidant serum supposed to bring me besides all the unpleasantness and inconvenience? But it does forces me to wear sunscreen every single morning, even on days I'm lounging at home, so that is SOMETHING.

on 10/10/2016 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a gloppy brown gel-like serum that comes in a brown glass dropper bottle. The serum smells like the pan in which you baked an Easter ham. Burnt proteins and sugars on metal. Repulsive.

Assuming you can get beyond that, it dries tacky and sticky, and the smell morphs into something less deli and more welding shop and metallic. It stings for a good half hour after application.

In the morning, my skin felt quite smooth and looked clear. It has not lightened dark spots. All in all it is a most unpleasant product to use and endure. The results are decent but can be replicated with less unpleasantness with other products.

I am 59 with enlarged pores, and I've been oily most of my life.

I really wanted to like this, based on the excellent reviews on numerous websites, the frequent "editor's pick" status in beauty magazines, etc. However, what this serum has mainly done for me is make me break out. Now I see the not-so-hot reviews here, with many others also complaining of break-outs, and I wonder if Skinceuticals hasn't been conducting a big con job. Anyway, I stopped using it a few days ago, and the acne has started to subside. I'd find another vitamin C serum if I were you.

on 10/5/2016 5:19:00 AM

Tried to start it over many times, but got the same result. Clogged pores all over plus breakouts. Smell is very unpleasant.

on 8/13/2016 10:04:00 AM

I am in my early 40's with some mild sun damage (fine lines, wrinkles, shadows of sun spots beginning to appear) and last year tried Obaji vitamin c serum. It was way too harsh for my semi- sensitive skin. After using for a month I gave up- my skin was flushed red and dried out from the product. I just began using this Skinceuticals C E serum 2 weeks ago and oh what a difference! It is not harsh but seems potent- really brightening my skin without feeling like it's been lasered. I use retain A cream at night and this serum in the morning (followed by sun screen of course) and this is a wonderful regime for those of us who do not want botox or fillers but still want to fight the aging effects. It's expensive but I will definitely keep buying it.

on 7/7/2016 5:00:00 AM

It's super pricey, and it doesn't do anything for my skin. I broke out on both cheeks shortly after trying just a couple of drops smoothed under my moisturizer. Not worth the price tag!