Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
C E FerulicSkinCeuticals C E Ferulic

3.7

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, 1% Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, 0.5% Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 10/13/2017 5:47:00 PM

This product has changed my skin!

Here is my full story. I had read reviews about how great this product was, but at first, I was apprehensive to buy! It was expensive compared to other vitamin C serums. It also had the worst smell. Nevertheless I decided to buy it.

My first impression was not good, I hated the smell and it was tacky when first applied. I used it during the day. I noticed it oxidised and seemed to have given my skin an orange tint, "like I was in the sun too much". After just 2 weeks I wanted to stop using it, but I noticed improvements with the brightness of my skin. I decided to try it as part of my night skincare routine. I used it every other night, pairing it with non retinol or acid based products. This is when it started to work for me! This was about two years ago and I have been doing that ever since.

Another important note; this serum does oxidise over time. Contrary to popular belief, it is still effective even once it oxidises. It lasts up to 12 months after opening. I have stored it in a dark place and limited the exposure to air, but I don't go crazy. This seems to limit the oxidation. People can be dramatic and claim it can't be used once it starts to oxidise, but thats simply not true.

Pro's
The number of changes to my skin are unbelievable. I have noticed a significant decrees in fine lines. My skin tone is more even and brighter. The blotchy spots I've had on my skin from sun exposure have faded and are not as noticeable. My skin looks firm and plump. These are just the corrective benefits, there are also a lot of preventive properties as well.

Con's
The price point is high for what it is. The smell and tackiness make it unpleasant to use in the daytime.

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

on 10/10/2017 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have used this product for at least Ten Years.
A dermatologist I know who had amazing Skin recommended it. My new Dermatologist also highly recommends this.
When I do not use it, I can see the difference very quickly. I have absolutely no issues with either a smell or being sticky ~ my skin is exceptionally dry, but at 72 have basically no wrinkles. It has never bothered my sensitive skin in any way.
I Highly recommend it .As a cosmetic and makeup gypsy it is one of a handful of products that I always repurchase.

I'm glad I managed to get a sample of this before splurging on it! I hated this, no effects whatsoever, and it was sticky!!!

on 9/16/2017 3:13:00 PM

Thankfully, I got this as a sample, so I didn't waste money. Like others have noted in their reviews, my dry skin did NOT like this product at all. It caused awful flaking skin (like what happens after a sunburn) and a couple of pimples. I haven't had a pimple in years! After a week of use, the rest of the sample went into the trash.

I have persevered just short of a full bottle of this and I really wanted to like it but I think I will need to stop. I have always looked after my skin my mother encouraged my sisters and I to look after our skin, Having spent 30 odd years in Scotland before coming to Australia my skin was always commented on. This Vit C has dried up my skin it stings when I put my other skincare on and my skin has been flaky and my skin is so tight. I tried different ways to introduce this but it is just not working.and I know this is the cause of all my skin problems. I think because all of the great reviews I thought it might be something else but I will just have to grow old gracefully as this is not worth it. As someone else mentioned we are all different and I am happy that this product works for them just not good for me. I think it is a good idea to try with a sample first but maybe you need 2 samples to be really sure if this is for you good luck.

on 9/18/2017 2:38:00 AM

This is absolutely a money wasting and overrated product. I used it religiously day and night but unfortunately no results whatsoever. It felt sticky on my face and the smell was unbearable. When I first tried it my face turned into orange color and I was like how am I supposed to use it at the daytime. I had a better luck with Skinmedica vitamin C+E complex. You can also try Dr.Oz naturals vitamin C which much better and cheaper than this. Ps: in case you decide to give it a try then bear in mind this should be stored in a dark place away from the light exposure and be used within two months.

on 6/22/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oof this stuff and me, we do NOT get along. First of all, it's quite expensive - $165 for 1 oz. Second, it's almost impossible to apply since it's water-thin and sticky as maple syrup. No idea how you're supposed to get this applied evenly since the moment it hits your skin it sticks fast. Third, let's have a quick chat about the smell of this product. Dear god, the smell. The closest thing I can compare it to is old hot dogs smoking on a dirty grill. Look, I've used products in the past that smelled bad but this stuff was just next-level horrid-smelling. The second time I applied it I tried holding my breath while quickly dabbing a few drops of it into my skin but even after I applied it, I could still smell it. After a few minutes the smell faded but man it was just so. awful. And lastly, most egregious of all of the sins on the list, this stuff broke me out in pimples all over my face after 3 days of use. Returned it with gusto.

on 6/25/2017 12:50:00 AM

Ive used this solid for about a year now and before that off and on. Kinda, always looking for that less expensive solution. Let me tell you, I don't think there is anything to rival this one. I'm 41 and get told I look much younger. I do use other quality skin care though. I think it's better to have 3 or 4 very good high quality skin care items than a whole med chest full of mediocre stuff that is really not performing. Make sure to buy it from a reputable seller. Just face it, your gonna pay full price. You may get lucky and get a coupon if your a repeat customer. There's a place online that sells it cheaper. But the boxes can be opened . I just wouldn't. Vit c degrades with light exposure. Budget some $ and get it as you can. If not , look for a different option until you can.

on 6/24/2017 10:51:00 PM

Horrible. I logged on to see if anyone else thought it smelled like a dirty pan someone cooked bacon in. Reading the reviews, I am not alone. I can't get past the smell or the sticky weird feeling to know if it even works - gross.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic for a while now. It's my favorite vitamin C serum to use. When I used to live in a city that was very humid, my skin didn't tolerate this serum very well. After applying it, I felt my skin was too sticky. At that particular time, my skin was extremely oily and prone to cystic acne. I stopped using it for a while. Now that I am older and live in a much drier climate, my skin just soaks up the serum. I once got a little sunburn (very minor -- no blistering or broken skin of any kind) on my shoulders. I applied SkinCeuticals to one side and not the other before going to bed. You know what? When I woke up, the side I applied the serum to went back to its normal color. It's one of those products that I know helps to heal and protect the skin (not to mention develop collagen!).

The most common complaint I've heard over the years is due to the scent. The scent isn't the best but it's not as bad as some people say it is (well to me anyway). I'm actually happy the company doesn't add a bunch of fragrances to the product. Still, since some people think it smells like a hot dog, during the day I follow it up with Olay's Regenerist Micro-Sculpting cream because that has a very light and pleasant fragrance to it in addition to moisturizing my skin. If you find yourself not liking how the serum feels on your skin after applying it, try using it at night then wash off any residues in the morning.

If you're on a budget, Cosmetic Skin Solutions has a similar product out at a fraction of the price. You'll still get the vast majority of the benefits even though it's cheaper. The reason why I stick with CE Ferulic is because of the patent on the pH of the serum. The pH is important because that is one of the factors that determines how optimal the vitamin C is.