Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
C E FerulicSkinCeuticals C E Ferulic

3.7

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, 1% Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, 0.5% Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 6/25/2017 12:50:00 AM

Ive used this solid for about a year now and before that off and on. Kinda, always looking for that less expensive solution. Let me tell you, I don't think there is anything to rival this one. I'm 41 and get told I look much younger. I do use other quality skin care though. I think it's better to have 3 or 4 very good high quality skin care items than a whole med chest full of mediocre stuff that is really not performing. Make sure to buy it from a reputable seller. Just face it, your gonna pay full price. You may get lucky and get a coupon if your a repeat customer. There's a place online that sells it cheaper. But the boxes can be opened . I just wouldn't. Vit c degrades with light exposure. Budget some $ and get it as you can. If not , look for a different option until you can.

on 6/24/2017 10:51:00 PM

Horrible. I logged on to see if anyone else thought it smelled like a dirty pan someone cooked bacon in. Reading the reviews, I am not alone. I can't get past the smell or the sticky weird feeling to know if it even works - gross.

on 6/22/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oof this stuff and me, we do NOT get along. First of all, it's quite expensive - $165 for 1 oz. Second, it's almost impossible to apply since it's water-thin and sticky as maple syrup. No idea how you're supposed to get this applied evenly since the moment it hits your skin it sticks fast. Third, let's have a quick chat about the smell of this product. Dear god, the smell. The closest thing I can compare it to is old hot dogs smoking on a dirty grill. Look, I've used products in the past that smelled bad but this stuff was just next-level horrid-smelling. The second time I applied it I tried holding my breath while quickly dabbing a few drops of it into my skin but even after I applied it, I could still smell it. After a few minutes the smell faded but man it was just so. awful. And lastly, most egregious of all of the sins on the list, this stuff broke me out in pimples all over my face after 3 days of use. Returned it with gusto.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Really wanted to like this but unfortunately in a matter of 3 days of using this, I broke out with about 10 pimples :/ Never using this again.

Overall I love this product. I always use it at night on dry skin - I wait 30mins after washing my face to minimize possible tingling / skin irritation. Then I wait another 30mins to let it sink in before applying a serum and moisturizer. Here are the pros and cons of using it from my experience..

Pros:
It brightens my complexion, fades any spots and marks and prevents my skin from breaking out. It protects my skin against UV damage. My combo skin looks fresh, radiant, more youthful and more tightened.

Cons:
You have to use it regularly to experience the benefits and it is very expensive. It is a bit sticky. The choice of packaging is poor, it oxidises quickly due to the dropper bottle packaging so even with every day use and keeping the product in a box in my fridge, the liquid quickly turns yellow, then orange and then deep orange/brown. Once it turns dark orange/brown, I just toss it (what a waste!) as I won't put oxidised vitamin C on my face. I tried small 5ml samples too but they oxidise just as fast. I tried different vitamin C products but none of them were as effective as this one so I have to keep buying this expensive one ;-)

on 3/10/2017 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Barring the cost and the smell, this is actually a great formulation.

Initially, I experienced a slight tingling sensation upon application, but wasn't sure if it was actually DOING anything. I realized this was because I was primarily using it only in the daytime. I suppose it works then too, but for me...

-- this works best at NIGHT. At least for me personally (and I think i've read somewhere - perhaps by some dermatologist -- that CE Ferulic combination is best utilised at night and its effect stays within the cells during the day as well. Or something to that effect.)

On a whim, one night I decided to put it on and by the next morning, my skin was incredibly soft to touch and clean feeling and glowy and springy and youthful. It didn't clear my post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation (two spots on my forehead) immediately, but my gosh - the rest of my skin looked so springy and soft and fresh that I really started to believe in the science of skincare! On the plus side, it sinks in fast, it's not greasy, it doesn't cause breakouts (at least so far) and it's lightweight enough to use without worries if you're oilier skinned.

So overall - a great part of your skincare empowerment arsenal. Thumbs up!

on 3/9/2017 12:37:00 AM

I am 28 years old and absolutely obsessed with C E Ferulic. If I could use only ONE product ever again (asides from the ones I make myself, and asides from sunscreen), this is it. I started using it just over a year ago, along with natural floral toners, and it has COMPLETELY changed my complexion. I have the most even tone I have ever had in my life. I stopped wearing foundation. This is huge for me. It even helped to decrease the frequency of my breakouts.

I will warn you- it smells like hotdogs. Smoked meat. Ham, in particular. Like a really nice smokey meat scent. lol. Do NOT expect to smell roses or herbs or fruit. When I first smelled it, I doubted my ability to put this on my face and go about my normal life, and was honestly worried that I would walk by people and they'd get a whiff of sausage. But, to my surprise, the scent evaporated quickly and honestly, I have kind of grown to like it. In some sick way. It really only lasts for a few minutes and the results are worth it.

I will say, the suggested use is about 4-5 drops for the entire face, but the liquid absorbs so quickly. There is no velvety viscosity to this serum. It is more like a water. You do not have much "play time", so you do have to either work extremely fast, or pre-moisten your skin before application. I usually do the latter. I typically spray a floral toner on my skin beforehand, or lightly dab some water on my skin, just to make sure I have more of a vehicle to move the serum around with.

I love that this product works to combat UV damage for up to three days after application. I double it up with sunscreen on top and I feel confident going outside knowing I've got short and long(er) term protective methods in place.

I really can't say enough about it. If the scent really bothers you, just remember that heavily perfumed products are actually damaging to facial skin. Products that smell medicinal are usually going to work best. If it's totally unbearable, give it a few tries. It might grow on you.

Extremely pricey. Absolutely wish it were cheaper. But--- the benefits are too good to pass up.

on 12/10/2016 2:28:00 PM

Unless you have a weird reaction to this - not using it would be crazy.

on 12/5/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have read quite a few mixed reviews, but after using this several times a week fro about 9 months now, I can say my skin has shown good improvements. I have sensitive skin that can get red and flaky as well as getting a lot of blackheads. I would say that is very expensive, but you only need 2-3 drops so my bottle is still very full.

on 12/2/2016 3:07:00 AM

I never post reviews. This is actually my first one. I read a lot of negative ones about this and it ticked me off a bit. Most people are complaining about the smell, but smell for one does not indicate how well a product works. That being sad the smell is an issue that should only last like the first three uses after that you get used it. (I actually love it now) I have such sensitive skin that gets red and itchy and I get black heads so easily. I love this product so much. It's something I use everyday. It gave me some what of a glow and it even made my dark circles lighter. (Not supposed to use under your eyes) but I never had an issue. To save more spray a dab of organic rosewater on your face and then you can spread it easier on your skin.