Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
C E FerulicSkinCeuticals C E Ferulic

3.7

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, 1% Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, 0.5% Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate

Overall I love this product. I always use it at night on dry skin - I wait 30mins after washing my face to minimize possible tingling / skin irritation. Then I wait another 30mins to let it sink in before applying a serum and moisturizer. Here are the pros and cons of using it from my experience..

Pros:
It brightens my complexion, fades any spots and marks and prevents my skin from breaking out. It protects my skin against UV damage. My combo skin looks fresh, radiant, more youthful and more tightened.

Cons:
You have to use it regularly to experience the benefits and it is very expensive. It is a bit sticky. The choice of packaging is poor, it oxidises quickly due to the dropper bottle packaging so even with every day use and keeping the product in a box in my fridge, the liquid quickly turns yellow, then orange and then deep orange/brown. Once it turns dark orange/brown, I just toss it (what a waste!) as I won't put oxidised vitamin C on my face. I tried small 5ml samples too but they oxidise just as fast. I tried different vitamin C products but none of them were as effective as this one so I have to keep buying this expensive one ;-)

on 3/10/2017 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Barring the cost and the smell, this is actually a great formulation.

Initially, I experienced a slight tingling sensation upon application, but wasn't sure if it was actually DOING anything. I realized this was because I was primarily using it only in the daytime. I suppose it works then too, but for me...

-- this works best at NIGHT. At least for me personally (and I think i've read somewhere - perhaps by some dermatologist -- that CE Ferulic combination is best utilised at night and its effect stays within the cells during the day as well. Or something to that effect.)

On a whim, one night I decided to put it on and by the next morning, my skin was incredibly soft to touch and clean feeling and glowy and springy and youthful. It didn't clear my post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation (two spots on my forehead) immediately, but my gosh - the rest of my skin looked so springy and soft and fresh that I really started to believe in the science of skincare! On the plus side, it sinks in fast, it's not greasy, it doesn't cause breakouts (at least so far) and it's lightweight enough to use without worries if you're oilier skinned.

So overall - a great part of your skincare empowerment arsenal. Thumbs up!

on 3/9/2017 12:37:00 AM

I am 28 years old and absolutely obsessed with C E Ferulic. If I could use only ONE product ever again (asides from the ones I make myself, and asides from sunscreen), this is it. I started using it just over a year ago, along with natural floral toners, and it has COMPLETELY changed my complexion. I have the most even tone I have ever had in my life. I stopped wearing foundation. This is huge for me. It even helped to decrease the frequency of my breakouts.

I will warn you- it smells like hotdogs. Smoked meat. Ham, in particular. Like a really nice smokey meat scent. lol. Do NOT expect to smell roses or herbs or fruit. When I first smelled it, I doubted my ability to put this on my face and go about my normal life, and was honestly worried that I would walk by people and they'd get a whiff of sausage. But, to my surprise, the scent evaporated quickly and honestly, I have kind of grown to like it. In some sick way. It really only lasts for a few minutes and the results are worth it.

I will say, the suggested use is about 4-5 drops for the entire face, but the liquid absorbs so quickly. There is no velvety viscosity to this serum. It is more like a water. You do not have much "play time", so you do have to either work extremely fast, or pre-moisten your skin before application. I usually do the latter. I typically spray a floral toner on my skin beforehand, or lightly dab some water on my skin, just to make sure I have more of a vehicle to move the serum around with.

I love that this product works to combat UV damage for up to three days after application. I double it up with sunscreen on top and I feel confident going outside knowing I've got short and long(er) term protective methods in place.

I really can't say enough about it. If the scent really bothers you, just remember that heavily perfumed products are actually damaging to facial skin. Products that smell medicinal are usually going to work best. If it's totally unbearable, give it a few tries. It might grow on you.

Extremely pricey. Absolutely wish it were cheaper. But--- the benefits are too good to pass up.

on 12/10/2016 2:28:00 PM

Unless you have a weird reaction to this - not using it would be crazy.

on 12/5/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have read quite a few mixed reviews, but after using this several times a week fro about 9 months now, I can say my skin has shown good improvements. I have sensitive skin that can get red and flaky as well as getting a lot of blackheads. I would say that is very expensive, but you only need 2-3 drops so my bottle is still very full.

on 12/2/2016 3:07:00 AM

I never post reviews. This is actually my first one. I read a lot of negative ones about this and it ticked me off a bit. Most people are complaining about the smell, but smell for one does not indicate how well a product works. That being sad the smell is an issue that should only last like the first three uses after that you get used it. (I actually love it now) I have such sensitive skin that gets red and itchy and I get black heads so easily. I love this product so much. It's something I use everyday. It gave me some what of a glow and it even made my dark circles lighter. (Not supposed to use under your eyes) but I never had an issue. To save more spray a dab of organic rosewater on your face and then you can spread it easier on your skin.

on 10/29/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must be in the minority, but my skin LOVES the CE Furlic Acid. I initially got it as a sample, (which lasted about a month) and not only did I notice a "freshness" to my skin, other people commented on it. So I bought a bottle of it. I figure it was doing something right if my husband thought it was worth spending the $$ on it.

That bottle lasted just about 6 months using in the am after a washed face. When I needed to rebuy it, I was balking about spending the money again (I think I had 20% off the first time I purchased it) I did some searching online for similar type products that would be less expensive.

I ended up buying a 6 pack of samples... same volume as 1 large bottle. for 1/5 the price. I feel that since i used the product every day for 6 months I'd be able to judge whether I got a "fake" Nope,.. product worked great. And even better, I LOVE the sample size bottles. 1/month, easy to travel with, and the others are refrigerated. So price for the full size bottle I give 3 stars But I give 5 stars to the price I paid from the seller I purchased from.

regarding results.. I feel that my skin has a more youthful glow to it. Not the dullness I had before.

I have been using now for 2 years (several repurchases of the mini bottles). I am 46 and 4 years older than my husband. Regular use of sunscreen for decades gets most of the credit for my skin looking good enough that most people think I'm younger.. But I think this plays a big part too. I don't know that when I was younger whether it would have made a difference though... I already had good skin then.. but mid-40s there was a dullness to my skin that I didn't used to have. And this fixes it, at least for me

on 10/11/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am 25 and have very dry and thick skin that is not allergic to anything I've tried. My skin never broke out and generally reacts to new products quickly and effectively. This product didn't break me out, didn't make me dry, but the horrible application process plus the price tag, plus the anxiety to finish it quick before it oxidizes completely, make me regret buying this deeply. I feel like everyday I am stressing over how to quickly screw the dropper in without letting much air in (picture this: drops of serum in my left palm, and my right hand struggling to close it immediately , whether the color is darkening (in my imagination probably), and escaping from sunlight before I'm at the step of applying sunscreen.
The product smells awful and feels extremely sticky on the face. I always apply it directly after washing my face, and leave it on for 15 minutes before moving on to the next steps. On several occasions I also felt a tingling pain, which I seldom get from any acidic treatment.
After a month of using it daily in the mornings, I'm now down to half a bottle, but I really want to flush it down the toilet to prevent myself from torturing myself another month with this. Oh and, I see absolutely no changes in my skin - I don't have any dark spots or freckles or fine lines, but I haven't noticed any brightening effect either. What is this antioxidant serum supposed to bring me besides all the unpleasantness and inconvenience? But it does forces me to wear sunscreen every single morning, even on days I'm lounging at home, so that is SOMETHING.

on 10/10/2016 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a gloppy brown gel-like serum that comes in a brown glass dropper bottle. The serum smells like the pan in which you baked an Easter ham. Burnt proteins and sugars on metal. Repulsive.

Assuming you can get beyond that, it dries tacky and sticky, and the smell morphs into something less deli and more welding shop and metallic. It stings for a good half hour after application.

In the morning, my skin felt quite smooth and looked clear. It has not lightened dark spots. All in all it is a most unpleasant product to use and endure. The results are decent but can be replicated with less unpleasantness with other products.

I am 59 with enlarged pores, and I've been oily most of my life.

I really wanted to like this, based on the excellent reviews on numerous websites, the frequent "editor's pick" status in beauty magazines, etc. However, what this serum has mainly done for me is make me break out. Now I see the not-so-hot reviews here, with many others also complaining of break-outs, and I wonder if Skinceuticals hasn't been conducting a big con job. Anyway, I stopped using it a few days ago, and the acne has started to subside. I'd find another vitamin C serum if I were you.