Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Decent Shampoo. Doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and rinses out easily. I swear these newer suave products are equal to a lot of the higher end products for a fraction of the cost!

on 7/8/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What an amazing shampoo! I have never come across a drugstore shampoo which can make my hair so soft and shiny. Even my husband who never has any opinion on any shampoo loved it and wants to buy it from now on. Definitely my favorite shampoo ever.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure what the hell happened to my hair in the past month but it's so wavy and frizzy lately. My usual shampoo just wasn't cutting it and I needed something to smooth and soothe my hair. So, I picked up this shampoo (the new grey bottle) up for $2.50. I always wanted to try Matrix Sleek but didn't care for the smell of it at all! I can't bring myself to use a shampoo that smells all sorts of rancid. Sauve Sleek smells sooooo nice. It's a bit sweet and floral but not too overpowering. I must say, this did a good job taming my crazy hair. I do feel a coating with this shampoo and I can foresee this causing build up if you wash your hair daily. I would rec a clairifying shampoo on your every 3rd or 4th wash to prevent any build up. But, I'm not worried, I'll take anything just to have shiny smooth hair!

I'm writing for the "new" greyish bottle version they just came out with, it also says "sleek" and so I assume it's the same shampoo we're talking about.
For approx. 2 dollars, this shampoo is great! Actually, it makes my hair feel very soft and shiny, and usually I only use salon brands because none of the drugstore shampoos ever really worked for me. I also used the conditioner once now, and I really like the result. It does keep my hair frizz-free, with the high humidity we have right now in June. Like it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I stopped using this for a couple of years when they changed the smell. I was using expensive brands on and off, and they seemed to be doing the job on my thick frizzy curly-but-daily flatironed hair.

Then recently my hair completely changed, it became SO unmanageable I couldn't even run my fingers through it. I tried EVERYTHING to get it back to the way it was. WEN, JOICO, treatments, deep conditioners, high-end smoothing balms, nothing would do it. They conditioned but my hair felt dull and almost dirty,

Sucker that I am for new packaging, I picked up my old favorite Suave Sleek Look at the grocery store this weekend. MY HAIR IS AMAZING! Shiny, soft, smooth, flowing with movement and feels clean at the same time. I'm so happy!!! I will be using this stuff once again for the foreseeable future. Best stuff on the market for dry frizzy hair, I would pay 10x more for such great results!

on 12/13/2008 4:18:00 PM

I used to use the "real" Matrix sleek stuff that this product is trying to emulate, and I can say that for a fraction of the price, the good old "orange Suave" is just as good. The only thing I don't like is the smell, and I usually actually like a lot of the scent of products that other people don't (like self-tanner... for some reason, I think that smells good.. ANYway...). This, though, both the shampoo and conditioner don't smell fabulous. I use some styling products that smell better, however, and voilą! Much better! :) Oh, and whether I'm trying to straighten my hair on a particular day or wear it with big, smooth curls, this stuff preps great. The only thing it doesn't prep great is if I want to have wavy, tousled hair. This actually smooths it almost too much for that.

on 7/6/2008 7:51:00 PM

I bought this and thought it was great. Very cheap and effective. Have been using it for a few months now. Would highly recommend!

I used this as a switch from my other shampoo brands (Avon Advanced Techniques, Redken, etc). Although I've never tried Matrix, this shampoo is pretty impressive for the price. Fragrance is so-so. Shampoo itself is rich, creamy, and lathers up well. Left my fine, frizzy, slightly wavy hair manageable, and dare I say it, sleek. Happy to let it air dry, with none of the usual headaches and difficulties. In addition, I have a sensitive scalp, and this shampoo was perfectly okay for me-no itchiness or bad reactions. I was a little concerned initially, because this shampoo seems quite strong, and is, well-cheap. However, combined with the sleek conditioner, this makes a fantastic duo, at a reasonable price. Nice change from plenty of other soapy broken promises rinsed down my shower drain. Buy, buy and buy again.

Update: 2/5/08: I'd recommend this as a temporary switch from your usual brand. I just found it too overwhelming after several washes. Still great value, though.

I bought this on a whim because it was on sale. I loved it!!! It really softens my hair without weighing it down. It left it so smooth that I was able to forgo my usual hair serum. This is my new HG in shampoo and conditioner.

on 4/3/2007 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So impressed with this product! The smell is nice, very expensive and slightly herbal. It really smoothed my hair, to the point it was hard to make my wavy hair curly. I love it when I straighten my hair, it makes it so sleek and shiny and helps fight humidity. I really believe that this line of Professionals from Suave is as good as the brand-name counterparts!