4.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

Decent Shampoo. Doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and rinses out easily. I swear these newer suave products are equal to a lot of the higher end products for a fraction of the cost!

About reviewer (1038 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

What an amazing shampoo! I have never come across a drugstore shampoo which can make my hair so soft and shiny. Even my husband who never has any opinion on any shampoo loved it and wants to buy it from now on. Definitely my favorite shampoo ever.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I have thin, super long, and oily hair. I love this shampoo! I wish it could be my everyday shampoo because it leaves my hair super nice, soft, and smelling delicious! but I have to alternate between this shampoo and the Suave daily clarifying shampoo because if I didn't, this shampoo would def weigh my hair down. Together, these shampoos have made my hair super beautiful :) this is truly a gem! Highly recommend!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

5 years ago

This shampoo is awesome paired with any of the Naturals conditioners. I have this and the color protect, both of which lather nicely, are rich and creamy (but not slimy like Pantene), and smell really good. But the fragrance doesn't linger all day, which I like. The cleansing quality is perfect, especially if you wash your hair every day. My hair is fine (but abundant) and curly /wavy, so I like a blend of softness and effectiveness in my shampoo. The price is amazing and I can usually find this brand anywhere. The Dollar Store keeps it on stock. I recommend the Naturals conditioners because this shampoo adds some conditioning already, and I don't want to overdo it.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

If you really want the "sleek look" this is probably for you. Shampoo does a decent job of cleansing but it's pretty silicone heavy and causes buildup in a short period of time. It is smoothing and I think it'd work well for those who regularly flat iron their hair or just want to tame some frizz. It's not for my oily, thin hair so I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I had to throw away my VO5 kiwi shampoo and other harsher soaps because my skin was reacting in a way it never did before. I had bumps across my neck and face, and even at 13 that didn't happen. I used deductive reasoning to determine what had changed in my routine, and could only reduce it to my soaps. So off I went to find some moisturizing products which I had abandoned before the breakout. I chose St. Ives exfoliating body wash and this shampoo for my hair, with Suave Naturals conditioner. Holy crap. Face and skin back to normal almost instantly! The shampoo lathers really really well, doesn't strip hair, and leaves my skin soft. My hands aren't dry either, which often happens with clarifying products. Once it dried, my hair was fragrant, clean and silky, and I hope this continues to be the case. I will edit if anything changes. If you suddenly begin reacting, seriously investigate your soaps. You're not going crazy, you don't have a bizarre skin disease (well you might, I'm not a doctor) but you could just have bad shampoo. EDIT: I want to add that this shampoo cleans very well, so if you're seeking a clarifier that isn't exactly a "clarifier" this might be it. The consistency isn't thick but it's not a gel, so unlike Pantene and Dove Daily Moisture, it won't feel like it's building up every time you wash. Added shout-out to St. Ives exfoliating wash too! Amazing for face and body!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is my new go-to shampoo. It softens my hair, makes it shine, and helps out with frizziness. Also, can we just take a moment of silence for the cost of this shampoo.............. Gah, it's so inexpensive, but gives me great hair. Oh, and the scent smells amazing. It does have a perfume-y type scent, but I enjoy it a great deal. L.O.V.E.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

6 years ago

Pros: - SO affordable - Gets my hair clean - Non-offensive smell Cons: - Broke me out along the hairline! - Didn't improve shine - Let my ends especially dry - Overall, was nothing special Final Thoughts: I really, really wanted to like this shampoo. At first, I thought it was a decent option because it cleaned my hair just fine and didn't seem to leave any residue. Then, I slowly started breaking out all along my hair line which is bizarre because I never break out on my forehead. It took awhile, but I finally connected it to this shampoo! Sure enough, as soon as I cut this product out of my routine, my acne cleared up. However, even if it doesn't break you out, you can do better than this mediocre shampoo. While it cleaned my hair well enough, it didn't do anything for shine.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Very affordable and does what it says. It does smooth hair out and it works pretty well on my dry hair. It's the one of those OTC hair shampoos that works well for the first couple weeks then turns hair into a mess like Pantene and Aussie. I will buy again:)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

6 years ago

My favorite from Suave. This really is like Matrix. It has always kept my hair sleek and shiny. It's very soft and a great dupe for Matrix. It's only $2.88 for a giant bottle at Walmart.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43