3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

This is a very fresh perfume and reminds me a lot of summer. Reminds me of cleaning liquids, but that's not a bad thing in this case. It's certainly a different scent, and I don't know how to describe it, but it smells good!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I love this scent. It's light, fresh, energetic and sophisticated.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

Gives me a headache.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I suppose I should rate this perfum since it's the kind I've been wearing since my wedding day 7 years ago! The great thing about this perfum is that it doesn't seem to bother ppl who are sensitive to fragrance. I was a hairstylist for 10 years and no one ever had a problem with it. I'm not saying you should wear it around someone you know has an allergy! Just that if you don't want to offend someone in a tight space, you'll be good ;) A sidenote, does anyone else think rating perfum is kind of silly? It's such a personal choice what scent someone likes.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

perfect for everyday use. Not powerful or heavy, so it can be worn year round and it would be difficult (if it impossible) to find someone who found this citrus, woodsy aroma to offensive or intrusive. Obsessed!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

I really do like this fragrance- on other people. It just does not blend well with my body chemistry. This is a very light but tart lemon and apple with back notes of cedarwood, amber and musk. On me, it smells wonderful for the first 15 minutes and then drys down to me smelling like a bottle of woodsy Pinesol cleaner. The cedarwood starts to takeover and the lemon fades into the background.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

4 years ago

There's a reason this fragrance has been so very popular. It's because it smells good, is exceptionally easy to wear, and is highly versatile: appropriate for day or night, for work or play, for going out to dinner or for just slobbing around the house. Part of the reason for that versatility, I suspect, is the pure simplicity of its concept: it basically comes down to two equally high-pitched and nasal facets--the sharp musky cedar below and the tart lemon/apple above--oscillating against each other to eternity. The result is a kind of olfactory moire effect, shimmery and (to my nose, anyway) quite pleasant. I suspect that Light Blue may also carry an additional appeal to Americans in particular, due to the strong hygienic associations of its three major notes, each of which, in their own way, can be said to represent cleanliness. Lemon, of course, is very strongly associated with cleaning products, while that tart green apple note is commonly used in the US to scent shower gels, shampoos, and astringent facial toners. The cedar, meanwhile, brings to mind cedar-lined linen closets or cedarwood chests, used to keep stored clothing clean and fresh and safe from moths. Put them all together, and you're definitely appealing to a desire for cleanliness, or "freshness." I tend to associate that desire with American tastes -- we do love the whole squeaky-clean aesthetic here!--but perhaps it is more universal than I realize. My one criticism of this fragrance is that it can get a little screechy sometimes. I referred above to both the cedar and the tart fruit facets as "high-pitched and nasal," and while I realize that I'm engaging in an aural analogy there, it's the best way I can think of to describe exactly what I mean. They're both sour, sharp, astringent fragrance types, the sort that can really seem to get all the way up into your sinuses sometimes. Since I enjoy astringent smells, I'm not bothered at all by that aspect of Light Blue, but I can certainly see how it might get in the way of others' enjoyment. That synthetic cedar in the base (is that the Iso-E-Super people so often talk about?) is also extremely long-lasting and tenacious in a stickily pervasive musk-like way --- should you take a dislike to it, you *will* be smelling it for days, not only wherever you sprayed it, but also on anything and everything that got too close to the original spray. You have been warned. Sadly, while I enjoy Light Blue on other people, it doesn't behave very well on me. When I wear it myself, the lemon and apple notes disappear very quickly, while the cedar becomes *ludicrously* accentuated; the end result is that I wind up walking around for hours smelling very much like a hamster cage. A *clean* hamster cage, mind you, but still very much a hamster cage. So it's not one that I keep around, but I always enjoy smelling it on others. Fortunate indeed for me!, because this fragrance is so very, very popular that once you know what it smells like, you will find yourself encountering it *everywhere.*

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I love this scent! Very fresh and mandarine (even though I usually hate that smell) though I think it could be more long lasting. The packaging is gorgeous, very simple and no frills but I feel the quality is very cheap so am disappointed in that.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

Ugh, I wanted to like this so much. Funny story, I bought a candle from bath and body works called "Lakeside Sunrise" and I'm obsessed with the scent of it and I wanted to see if there was a perfume that smelled similar. One Google search later and everyone said Light Blue was a dead ringer for lakeside sunrise. I went to ulta and tried it on but I found it was a little too citrusy for my liking :( for some reason it just seemed to linger a little too long on that note for me. The candle smells more floral or Apple to me, I'm not sure why. Anyway, I did buy a cheap knockoff of this perfume and I really like it, but I would never spend the money for the real thing. Darn!

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

I'm sooo obsessed with this scent. It is everything I want in a smell. Nice and clean and fresh smelling. Every single I tried it in Sephora Im obsessed. Such an amazing fragrance.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown