Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

3.5

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

I wanted this to work for me as I had a modest success with the drying lotion but really this powder made no difference to my below surface cystic acne. Dusting it on at night after my skincare routine did not make it go down nor make it heal quickly. I even have cysts from 10 days ago that haven't gone down that I've been treating with the powder and that rarely happened before. Really disappointed as I read so many promising reviews. Also hard to apply to small areas with the powder puff but I like the idea of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I do like this, however, I don't use it very often. On really oily days, I dust this lightly over my entire face after foundation (if I wear it) and before I put on my finishing powder. I also wear this by itself sometimes. Mainly, though I use it as a spot treatment on blemishes and it dries them up mach 9! Because of the very small ammount of this needed, this will last me forever!!

on 5/5/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I soooo wanted to like this product; it got such wonderful reviews here! But I can't say I'm impressed. My worst oily spot is my forehead; it's usually pretty bad by lunchtime. But this product isn't doing anything to help. The only way it sort of works is if I use a toner and an oil-free moisturizer only before I use the powder. If I use anything else, the powder doesn't work at all to cut down on oiliness. Coming with such high recommendations, this is really disappointing.

FYI, I have very fair, extremely oily, mildly-acne prone skin with reactive and situational redness.

I LOVE this powder! I've been using it for two weeks and have noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin. On days I wear light makeup I just dust it over my moisturizer and go. It really conceals the redness without looking fake or green! And it keeps my face completely matte and oil-free ALL day. On days that I wear a full face of makeup I use it as a primer under my foundation and it looks beautiful! It actually makes my foundation last all day. Coming from a girl who used to have to blot every hour, this is an exceptional oil-absorbing powder. I didn't even have to powder my nose for at least eight hours!

Now, lets talk about it's acne-clearing abilities. We all know bacteria hates sulphur and this stuff has kept me SO clear and actually provides decent coverage of pimples by itself!

The only thing I did not LOVE was the packaging. There is a lot of powder for only $12, but I felt like I wasted a lot of it by using the puff that comes with it, I'd recommend doing your best to get all of the powder that's on the puff back into the jar [because unfortunately it doesn't have a seal over the holes in the jar, so when you open it for the first time, the puff is covered in powder] and throw the puff away.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone with acne, redness, and oil problems.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this year's ago & made such a mess with the powder puff it comes with, I eventually tossed it.

I now decided to give it another try. This time I am applying it ever so lightly with a brush. So far I really like it. I am super oily, it really helps to control oil. I haven't been using it long enough to be able to tell if it's helping to clear up acne I already have or to prevent new ones from forming.

But you only need a tiny amount, I do think this container is going to last forever.........

I like this product. I apply it after sunblock, using a brush instead of the round cotton applicator that comes with it. The special healing powder really tones down redness and gives my skin a nice matte finish. I apply mineral powder on top of it and am good to go! My face stays clean-feeling and shine-free for hours.

on 7/18/2005 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think I've finally found an answer to my powder-prayers! I really love this powder..and I'll tell you why:
I have medium oily/acne prone skin. I never have liked the feeling of wearing powder, pressed or loose. I bought this on a whim while buying other MB products. I have come to a point where I am really liking my skin, but it's just a bit bumpy and oily. This has cured that.
After a morning wash and product application, I use this on my t-zone and around the sides of my face. It helps absorb the oil, and the tone of the powder cuts any redness in my face. Best of all, it's very light and I dare say I don't feel like I have anything on at all. On especially hot days, I might use this again in the late afternoon to combat more oiliness.
I will repurchase this, but I have been using the same container for almost eight months and it's only a bit over half gone. I do change the powder puff once a month.
One tip: Alot goes a long ways, put too much on your puff and you'll look ghostly. I am medium skinned, so if you're light, it won't matter. Tap you puff off though, or you'll end up using way more than you need.

on 6/3/2005 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wnated to like this and I have to say it works quite good with the sulfur in it. What I didn't like at all was the smell, and the gaudy yellow color (on my face and on the pillow). There are better products with sulfur in them so I wouldn't repurchase.