Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 6/7/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combination skin and some troubled spots. Day 2 of using this - whiteheads and ubder the skin spots are less noticeable. I look dewy and people asking which foundation I am wearing. i will update this after a month of usage but absolutely loving it so far!

on 4/26/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Neutralizes redness, soothes, absorbs oil, and completely disappears. One of my sons has horrible acne and he's tried everything, including regular use of Retin-A. His skin is very sensitive and it reacts to everything, but so far he's had the best luck with Mario Badescu's sulfur products. He doesn't like stuff on his face, but he will use this powder because he can't see it or feel it. It does a great job of neutralizing all the redness on his skin.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/31/2016 4:42:00 PM

I purchased this after I ran out of ELF's mineral blemish powder and realized with great disappointment that that $3 gem had been discontinued since the last time I bought it. I didn't want to fork out $18 for the Bare Minerals' version and decided to try this one since it was $12 and a half ounce rather than third ounce jar.

I don't wear setting powder, just cc cream + powder bronzer, but have fairly regular breakouts on my chin. I use a stick concealer on them and like to "set" them with a non irritating sulfur powder (like ELF's or now Mario's) so that there's a layer between the concealer and the bronzer, especially one that may be helping to heal the blemish faster.

Some reviews of this said it made their face appear green-tinged or caused their bronzer or blush to turn colors. That may happen if you use it all over, but if you just apply this slightly green powder with a small brush directly to problem spots, it isn't an issue. This has worked very nicely for me based on what I wanted. It seems to help blemishes subside faster, sets my concealer, and doesn't affect the coloring of my other makeup.

This powder jar is generously sized for the type of product at 0.5 ounce and will last forever. It does have a sifter on top and I tend to tap my brush (a puff is included but a brush is not - I just use a $1 ELF concealer brush) against the inside of the lid to dust off excess powder.

Recommend!

I usually respond well to sulfur products so I was really hoping this would work out for me. I haven't been able to really use it. This is because I may be allergic to the bismuth in this product. It makes my face itch a lot. I have noticed itching in other stuff I use that have some sort of bismuth. So this has enough bismuth to make me unable to use it. Sad. You may wonder...why would she use it if it has bismuth and she knows prior to buying or using. I still wanted to try because I think it depends on how much bismuth is in a product or the actual formulation. Fail for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Just to let you know I've actually only been using this a few days now, but I just wanted to get some pretty crucial initial notes down and will update this review after I've been using it a month +.

So, I was just using the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Powder which didn't offer much coverage (probably a little more coverage than this powder, though), was very expensive, and didn't seem to ever help my skin or effectively reduce oil/shine for more than an hour or two. The only positive was that it didn't break me out hah.
This powder is by a company I trust a little more and is also a hell of a lot cheaper so I figured it would be better than the Juice Beauty powder even if it didn't help my skin much, either.

The first couple of times I used this I just applied it alone over BB cream and this was a mistake because both my boyfriend and my friend asked me why my skin was green after looking at my face very closely in confusion for a second. Perhaps I just applied a little too much but I won't be wearing this alone again unless it's at night. I will say that my skin felt less gross and broken out with this powder on.
Definitely very mattifying and it maintains the matte feeling, especially when makeup is applied over the top (I use Mineral Hygienics mineral foundation, I would NOT suggest using liquid foundation over this - use it as a finishing powder for the foundation underneath your regular finishing powder, the regular powder should help cancel out the little green tint this powder gives). I didn't even use my color-correcting primer under my makeup and I feel like this powder has helped keep my makeup on properly while also canceling out some red so my foundation doesn't have to work so hard.

Again, I haven't used this for long enough to tell if it has or will make a difference in my skin but I definitely feel like it's helping to dry out spots and bring some pimples to a head.

A note about packaging: could be better. I would love if it had a little sifter cover that you could spin/slide so that product only comes out when the sifter cover is open. Also, I got rid of the little puff it comes with (like most people seemed to) and just apply with an ecotools mineral foundation brush.

I'm looking forward to updating this review in a month or so to let you know how it's coming along!

-------Update-------
Hey peoples, so it's been a little over a month since I posted my original (first impressions) review and I can say pretty confidently that this powder has made a difference in my skin routine.

I still apply it after moisturizer and before my mineral makeup which makes a huge difference in the way my makeup turns out. This powder acts as an amazing primer for mineral makeup (if you have oily skin, definitely wouldn't recommend to those with dry skin): cancels out a good amount of redness, creates a nice and matte canvas for your makeup, and also helps to calm down breakouts underneath your makeup.

This powder effectively reduces the oil I produce during the day and I don't generally feel like I need to touch up, I have pretty oily skin and I do get a little shiny by the end of the day but it's more of a dewy thing than looking too oily with this powder on.

Have also had nice results applying this powder (just with my finger) onto freshly opened blemishes!

on 7/30/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product yesterday and noticed that on the ingredients list that sulfur wasn't on there like on the MB website????
I bought the product for the sulfur!
Does anyone know what's going on?

Rich in sulphur, this powder keeps oiliness at bay and dries up any existing blemishes. The pale yellow color of the powder (similar to "Banane") is perfect for subtle redness camouflage. I am combo-dry but acneic, and my finicky skin really likes this product.

It's also a fair amount of product for the price, especially as little product is necessary. I highly recommend Special Healing Powder (although it is absolutely not for truly dry-skinned individuals)!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good powder for keeping oiliness at bay. I don't know whether it does help with blemishes because I use other products for that. But I use this powder everyday, even when I don't wear makeup. it's fragrance free. and I use a face brush instead of the puff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok I think I have been using this for about three years now...?!
I tend not to use it on pimple wounds as it didn't work for me and would leave yellow patches on my skin. INSTEAD I use it as a powder primer underneath my mineral foundation, after i've let my moisturiser sink in. What it does is wonderful. It tones down angry red imperfections and blurs pores and marks. It also completely mattifies my skin ready for mineral makeup application. It also keeps me shine free for way longer and helps stop new spots gettin uglyyyy.

I don't use the sponge as its AWFUL and spills product everywhere, and also makes application messy and cakey! Instead I lightly brush it on with a powder brush.

It lasts blimmin' ages so well worth the money!

Mineral makeup users - try it out!

This is a great product to use when you have been bad and popped a pimple and and oozing. It will stop the oozing, antibacterial properties, and dry up the spot. Wish I had found this years ago.

Popular Treatments (Face)