Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 1/31/2016 4:42:00 PM

I purchased this after I ran out of ELF's mineral blemish powder and realized with great disappointment that that $3 gem had been discontinued since the last time I bought it. I didn't want to fork out $18 for the Bare Minerals' version and decided to try this one since it was $12 and a half ounce rather than third ounce jar.

I don't wear setting powder, just cc cream + powder bronzer, but have fairly regular breakouts on my chin. I use a stick concealer on them and like to "set" them with a non irritating sulfur powder (like ELF's or now Mario's) so that there's a layer between the concealer and the bronzer, especially one that may be helping to heal the blemish faster.

Some reviews of this said it made their face appear green-tinged or caused their bronzer or blush to turn colors. That may happen if you use it all over, but if you just apply this slightly green powder with a small brush directly to problem spots, it isn't an issue. This has worked very nicely for me based on what I wanted. It seems to help blemishes subside faster, sets my concealer, and doesn't affect the coloring of my other makeup.

This powder jar is generously sized for the type of product at 0.5 ounce and will last forever. It does have a sifter on top and I tend to tap my brush (a puff is included but a brush is not - I just use a $1 ELF concealer brush) against the inside of the lid to dust off excess powder.

Recommend!

Rich in sulphur, this powder keeps oiliness at bay and dries up any existing blemishes. The pale yellow color of the powder (similar to "Banane") is perfect for subtle redness camouflage. I am combo-dry but acneic, and my finicky skin really likes this product.

It's also a fair amount of product for the price, especially as little product is necessary. I highly recommend Special Healing Powder (although it is absolutely not for truly dry-skinned individuals)!

on 10/27/2013 11:37:00 PM

For my first five or so uses of applying this on top of my foundation, I thought this powder was useless. No effect on acne or oiliness. It also has an unfortunate greenish tint which ruins any glowy/bronzed tint and even imparts a wan look. Not pretty. I almost threw it out until I tried one last ditch effort. STEP 1: apply powder sparingly after moisturizer has set into skin. STEP 2: apply foundation (I used liquid) on top of special healing powder, continue with blush, etc.

Something about the sulfur sitting directly on top of skin and in between makeup really made a difference for me. Plus the greenish tint neutralizes acne redness this way and I was surprised the powder didn't make my makeup cake. Foundation usually irritates my sensitive skin so the barrier is a bonus. I also happen to be experiencing pregnancy related hormonal cysts and this powder (along with De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment -best OTC acne treatment ever) is healing the cysts, so I suspect it would really help with less severe kinds of acne.

on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Not too impressed, didnt really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!

on 10/8/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i like this product, but the description compared to the ingredients leaves me with a lot of questions.

This is copied from the product description on the MB site:

"Heal and conceal acne breakouts with this specially formulated, Sulfur based powder that absorbs excess oil and reduces redness and irritation caused by breakouts."

This is the ingredients list, also copied from the MB site:

Talc, Kaolin,Calcium Carbonate,Bismuth Subgallate

source URL: http://www.mariobadescu.com/special-healing-powder

Note the term *sulfur based powder* in the description. The bizarre thing here is that there is NO sulfur in the ing list so what's going on here? One or both must be misleading and it makes me suspicious and reluctant to use other products from this brand. That said, i like how this works. I just have no idea what it really contains and i'm left with the impression that the company can't be trusted to accurately declare ingredients or not lie about product features.

on 6/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love love love love love this powder! This keeps my skin germ and blemish free and does not clog my pores. Also causes any redness to disappear and keeps my skin looking even toned. The color never shows on my skin and it stinks like sulphur but thankfully it fades quickly. The price of $12 is a steal since only a light dusting is needed. Really great product!

I got this because I have a not-so-pretty, oily T-zone that shows up around lunchtime. I use this as my setting powder on top of my liquid foundation and my skin stays a beautiful, matte finish throughout the day. It also works well on its own or with a light, powder foundation.

I don't use the puff it came with - a regular powder brush applies more evenly.

on 8/25/2007 12:44:00 PM

Doesnt work for me--had pretty bad blackheads and they did not budge! Wont repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't even believe how amazing this powder is. I have bought every powder under the sun and this is the only powder that truly takes all the redness out of your skin leaving you with a flawless pale look. It calms and soothes my skin like nothing I have ever tried in my life. The thing that has me cheering is that I've had stubborn acne for a while now and nothing was working and it's all cleared up!. I pat a generous amount of this down over my Skinceuticals Blemish Control gel (another great product) and my face looks like porcelain now! It began clearing up almost immediately! I have super oily skin and suddenly I have almost no oil anymore and the redness and acne are gone! How can this $10.00 powder do this when I have tried products costing me hundreds!! I wear it over bare skin on weekends and at night and it looks like I have foundation on because my skin has no red in it and looks so clear and smooth! It gives you this added bonus of looking like you have a beautiful foundation on when you have nothing but this healing powder! I even began to wear it lightly over my foundation and it has become my favorite over Lola's even! It keeps my skin from getting oily for hours and hours and takes out the red! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this year's ago & made such a mess with the powder puff it comes with, I eventually tossed it.

I now decided to give it another try. This time I am applying it ever so lightly with a brush. So far I really like it. I am super oily, it really helps to control oil. I haven't been using it long enough to be able to tell if it's helping to clear up acne I already have or to prevent new ones from forming.

But you only need a tiny amount, I do think this container is going to last forever.........