4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Love! I'm pretty pale so I was looking to achieve a nice subtle glow, which is exactly what this gradual tanner provides. I favor gradual tanners over regular sunless tanners because I like having control over the color. The smell is perfume-y, but it doesn't have that nauseating smell like your typical self-tanner. I haven't experienced any streaking. Easy to apply. The color is even. It looks very natural. It's also very moisturizing, which is a plus in my book. Shame that Coppertone has decided to discontinue this product. As soon as I finish my 2 bottles, I'll be on the hunt for a new gradual tanner.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

My HG self tanner. I'm pale, but tan easily. However, I'm middle aged and refuse to play Russian Roulette with my skin any longer so I go the self tanner route. Don't expect an "I've been in the Caribbean all my life" tan, but if you want enough color, that isn't orange or looks fake, then this is your product. I use it daily for three days, after a shower and exfoliating. Thereafter, I use it every other day to maintain a pretty nice tan. This stuff works great on your face as well. No streaking or uneven patches around your nose or eyes. The smell is not bad at all. I barely even notice a smell. I'd say make sure you put it on a couple of hours before bed so your sheets don't stick to you but other than that, I can't find any faults with this product and I've been using it for two years. Grab it fast though because it's usually the first self tanner to sell out at our local Walmarts and stores.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This is my holy grail. I used to use hempz touch of summer, which I loved, but stopped due to the inconvenience of ulta being far from me and always having to order it online. I found this at my drugstore and it's equivalent. I have fair skin and only like a glow rather than a heavy tan. This exceeds all my expectations. It lasts, never streaks, and you can obtain a glow or darker tan depending on how often you use it.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

Pros: Smells good Looks natural Easy to apply One application lasts me over a week Cons: It goes on clear so is hard to tell where you get it Dries fast, but it feel like it takes hours to set into the skin

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

5 years ago

PROS - scent - easy to apply - looks natural - price - absorbs quickly CONS - none COMMENTS: This is such a great gradual tanner. The results are a very natural, golden tan. I apply this daily, since this is not an instant tanner. I do notice results fairly quick, but because it's more subtle I can apply this as often as I want. Don't expect intense results with this, even with daily application. The scent is pleasant and doesn't smell like your typical self tanner. I don't get any streaks or mistakes with this. The application is easy and absorbs quickly. I don't have anything bad to say about this product. Definitely my new favorite gradual tanner. Will repurchase.

About reviewer (556 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I really love this sunless tanner!!! I always prefer the "gradual" types of sunless tanners as they: are more subtle, easier to control in terms of the depth of your tan, and any mistakes fade quicker than with the full on sunless self-tanning options. This product smells delightful, and appears as a thick, white, almost fruity smelling creamy lotion. The packaging is simple, no-frills, and the color this tanner turns you is awesome! Even on very pale skin colors, which we all know are notoriously difficult to fake bake a realistic shade of brown, turn a beautiful, bronze-y gold with this gradual tanning lotion. I think it's an awesome product for the price, And is comparable to Estée Lauders Bronze Goddess Self Tanner in quality. I've used that, and Lorac's selfTANtalizer and the Coppertone hands down wins in quality & value. Shoot, for $8-$10 you CANNOT gI wrong, and you'll have a gorgeous glow and about fifty extra bucks in your wallet to boot. If you're in the market for a gradual tanning lotion, grab it at the drugstore. Its the bees knees, ladies & gents. I WILL repurchase.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

6 years ago

I was using Jergens for about 3 weeks before I found this wonderful gem. First, a word about Jergens: it does not feel like a lotion. It is just a tanner. It gave me an oddly colored, somewhat uneven tan (didn't tan my legs at all? I dunno why?) and it stopped working altogether for some reason. So, I grabbed this. The packaging is simple and clean. It smells wonderful and is legitimately MOISTURIZING. And the color is just amazing...not orange, but brown and bronzy. I know it's meant to be gradual, any maybe it's that way for certain people, but it was immediate on me. Just a day passed, and I could see the difference! It works so well, isn't patchy, and is very easy to apply! I will buy more again when I'm finished.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

Wonderful smell compared to the other options on the shelf. I was lucky enough to score the last bottle on the shelf despite the fact the entire shelf of other products were bulging at the seams. If that is any indication! Used it for several weeks and am very happy with the results. I am a blond, green-eyed, medium complexion gal with a tendency to burn, eventually tan but only to a certain point. My family went to Hawaii several times growing up and the drill was get off the plane, get "leid", take a snap then going home after vacay get "leid" and take a snap. My PU's and sibs would be deliciously bronzed and I looked like a ghost (Dad= German, Amer Indian, Mom= Croatian). This gives me a leg up (not to mention the rest of my skin). it is a cheap pump bottle so stash it in the medicine cabinet cuz it is no showstopper to look at. One coat is all you need to feel more sun-kissed. I use my damp towel to exfoliate before applying. BTW, I even use it on my face! It gives me a pretty shade of tan and although my skin is sensitive, it works for me. Price is fab at Walmart. One bottle should last for a while as ya get 9 full oz.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I like this. No orange. nice medium tan within 3 applications. I do not notice a bad smell. Not the best of smells but not a bad smell.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

I have such mixed feelings about this product! I guess I will just start by saying I am a fair skinned, pasty white girl who chooses fake sun over real for numerous reasons. I would have to say that in one application, this lotion provides the most noticable results as compared to other "gradual" lotions of that nature. It gives a nice color in my opinion as long as you take all the proper precautions that you would with any other self tanner: exfoliate, moisturize dry areas, and apply with gloves. However, it is easy to "over do it" with this lotion because it provides a darker color in fewer applications. I would recommend for fair people like myself to apply it every other day (and shower in between of course) until the desired color is achieved. Now I must mention perhaps the deal breaker with me,the reason I gave this a 3. The smell! Anyone who has ever used a self tanner knows this smell, it's a distinct scent, and very unpleasant in my opinion. I think it smells like canned mushrooms, and this lotion really packs a punch with that smell. It's terrible. I apply this lotion at night after a shower, and I must shower again (without much scrubbing) to rinse the smell off of myself. This odor also clings to my bed sheets and anything I was wearing with that lotion on my skin. I really do like the performance of this lotion, it is a good value, I just wish Coppertone could improve the scent it has once it reacts with your skin.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool