Weleda Salt Toothpaste

4.5

Sodium Bicarbonate (Salt), Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Silica, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Prunus Spinosa (Blackthorn) Fruit Juice, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Extract, Krameria Triandra (Ratanhia) Root Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Bark Extract, Arum Maculatum Root Extract**, Sodium Chloride (Salt), Cyanopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Esculin, Flavor (Aroma)*, Limonene*, Linalool*.

This stuff is fantastic. It doesn't foam like most toothpastes do but it does a brilliant job of cleaning teeth and freshening the mouth. As a little bonus the packaging is rather elegant. Costs a bit more than other toothpastes but I think it's worth it.

Weleda Salt Toothpaste is weird at first but you get used to the salty sensation and the slightly gritty texture. It has a mild peppermint scent. It doesn't foam as much as regular toothpaste and it leaves teeth feeling polished and smooth. I just finished my first tube so I have had time to evaluate it fairly. Overall, I enjoyed using this product. I bought it at Mom's Organic Market on a whim and I would definitely purchase again.

This is my last move to going completely organic, and frankly, I wish it had been the very first thing I did!
I used to use a well known brand that uses bicarbonate of soda (which contains amongst other things disodium polyphosphate... Look it up and weep) and I used to suffer from sensitive teeth, mouth ulcers, cold sores on and around my lips, chapped lips and breakouts around my chin, and heaving over the sink because of the consistency of the toothpaste - I swapped to this weleda salt toothpaste and now it's all a thing of the past!
It has a strange taste which at first I thought I wouldn't like, but after the second day I was used to it and now I don't even notice the taste. It's salty with a slight mint aftertaste.
It has a gritty consistency (NOT microbeads obviously!) and those gritty particles clean in between your teeth - I now have cleaner teeth than before.
Price is good, my only complaint is I wish it has a flip top because screwing the plastic top on and off does my nut.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love the ingredients for the most part but does not whiten

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I can't believe I haven't thought to review this until now. I've been using this toothpaste for about 4 years now and haven't looked back. Please, don't let the name scare you. Yes, it's brownish and tastes a little baking soda & salt-y but trust me, it also has a delightful, slightly minty flavor to balance the salt. I actually like the taste and absolutely LOVE the super clean feeling and taste it leaves in my mouth.
I'd give it six lippies if I could.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent toothpaste that cleans teeth really well and cares for sensitive gums. It doesn't foam in a traditional way since it doesn't contain any chemicals that comercial toothpaste do such as SLS but once I got used to it (I actually really enjoy its salty taste) there is no going back. Even though it is not advertised as a whitening toothpaste I noticed that after a few days use my teeth got whiter (it does contain sodium bicarbonate after all). It is also very reassuring that it is very gentle on the enamel with its RDA (Relative Dentine Abrasion) of 15 while in comparison comercial toothpastes such as Colgate are in the range between 75-200 so the difference is huge. I tried the other two in Weleda range with Ratanhia and Plant Gel but the Salt toothpaste is my definite favourite. Highly recommended.

I LOVE this toothpaste. It makes my mouth and teeth feel so clean. At first I thought it was odd and took some getting used to because I was used to typical toothpastes you get at the local drug store. I even did an experiment and tried my old toothpaste after using this for several weeks... GROSSSS, bleh. There is no going back for me. Weleda Toothpaste forever!

My first Weleda toothpaste. I thought the brown grainy formulation looked unappealing when I first squeezed it out of the tube, but actually the taste and feel was really refreshing. I like the fact it isn't foaming like conventional toothpastes - it kind of liquidises in my mouth so I feel my teeth are being fully immersed in a cleansing fluid. My teeth feel truly polished and my mouth feels, well, ocean fresh. I couldn't go back to mainstream, artificial, frothy, chemical laden products.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My favorite toothpaste. It is SLS and fluoride free which is important to me. This toothpaste leaves your mouth and your tongue exceptionally clean. Most toothpastes do not clean your tongue enough but Weleda's salt paste does. Weleda was a brand my mother used and I trust their products. I will use this toothpaste indefinitely.

I have been using this toothpaste for a week now and I love it!
This toothpaste is unusual. I rememeber my grandmother used to tell me that in the old days people would clean their teeth with salt, but this again was done out of necessity and the fact that people in many Greek villages in the 50's or earlier say, were poor. I never tried to use salt directly on my teeth to be honest, even though I generally trust the wisdom of the older generations. I was using a whitening toothpaste until recently( a supermarket's own brandname) and I noticed it was giving me aphthas, which was the case with other well known brands too, even though I was using a good mouthwash afterwards. That's when I decided to try out something more natural. Back to the unusual part. The paste does not look like the ones of conventional toothpastes. It's a brownish colour and the salt granules are visible. The right thing to do is to directly apply it on your ( dry) brush and start brushing. It does not foam either, but once you put it in your mouth this sort of sparks off the production of saliva while moving your brush in your mouth and teeth. The taste is unusual too, salty, but not unbearable imo. It just takes getting used to. Now that I have gotten used to it I seriously cannot live without this: I haven't had an aphtha in my mouth since I began using it. But wait!It gets even better than that. I don't need to use a mouth wash at all. I just feel my mouth feels fresh and clean for a long time after. And my tongue too, which is awesome cause I have a percieng there. The only downside is the price, but I totally recommend trying this out even once. As far as I am aware in Germany small samples are available for purchase at the pharmacies. The full size in Germany costs around 3,85 euros at DM. The packaging is typical Weleda. The tube is made out of metal( like their face creams for example) and you'd better begin squeezing at the upper part of it to get product out. Would I buy again?Sure I would. I wish I had known about this thoothpaste earlier. I <3 it.