4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

This is the first "alternative" toothpaste I've used, and I really enjoy it. My oral care routine consists of brushing with this and oil pulling with coconut oil, as well as flossing. The appearance and texture of the product are a little odd, but once you get past that it's a much nicer alternative to normal toothpaste. The taste is neither pleasant nor unpleasant - I'd describe it as inoffensive. The things I love about this are the way my teeth feel afterwards (very clean!) and the fact that I can eat and drink straight after brushing, without that horrible taste you get when eating after using conventional toothpaste.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This stuff is fantastic. It doesn't foam like most toothpastes do but it does a brilliant job of cleaning teeth and freshening the mouth. As a little bonus the packaging is rather elegant. Costs a bit more than other toothpastes but I think it's worth it.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Weleda Salt Toothpaste is weird at first but you get used to the salty sensation and the slightly gritty texture. It has a mild peppermint scent. It doesn't foam as much as regular toothpaste and it leaves teeth feeling polished and smooth. I just finished my first tube so I have had time to evaluate it fairly. Overall, I enjoyed using this product. I bought it at Mom's Organic Market on a whim and I would definitely purchase again.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

This is my last move to going completely organic, and frankly, I wish it had been the very first thing I did! I used to use a well known brand that uses bicarbonate of soda (which contains amongst other things disodium polyphosphate... Look it up and weep) and I used to suffer from sensitive teeth, mouth ulcers, cold sores on and around my lips, chapped lips and breakouts around my chin, and heaving over the sink because of the consistency of the toothpaste - I swapped to this weleda salt toothpaste and now it's all a thing of the past! It has a strange taste which at first I thought I wouldn't like, but after the second day I was used to it and now I don't even notice the taste. It's salty with a slight mint aftertaste. It has a gritty consistency (NOT microbeads obviously!) and those gritty particles clean in between your teeth - I now have cleaner teeth than before. Price is good, my only complaint is I wish it has a flip top because screwing the plastic top on and off does my nut.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

i love the ingredients for the most part but does not whiten

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I can't believe I haven't thought to review this until now. I've been using this toothpaste for about 4 years now and haven't looked back. Please, don't let the name scare you. Yes, it's brownish and tastes a little baking soda & salt-y but trust me, it also has a delightful, slightly minty flavor to balance the salt. I actually like the taste and absolutely LOVE the super clean feeling and taste it leaves in my mouth. I'd give it six lippies if I could.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This is an excellent toothpaste that cleans teeth really well and cares for sensitive gums. It doesn't foam in a traditional way since it doesn't contain any chemicals that comercial toothpaste do such as SLS but once I got used to it (I actually really enjoy its salty taste) there is no going back. Even though it is not advertised as a whitening toothpaste I noticed that after a few days use my teeth got whiter (it does contain sodium bicarbonate after all). It is also very reassuring that it is very gentle on the enamel with its RDA (Relative Dentine Abrasion) of 15 while in comparison comercial toothpastes such as Colgate are in the range between 75-200 so the difference is huge. I tried the other two in Weleda range with Ratanhia and Plant Gel but the Salt toothpaste is my definite favourite. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I LOVE this toothpaste. It makes my mouth and teeth feel so clean. At first I thought it was odd and took some getting used to because I was used to typical toothpastes you get at the local drug store. I even did an experiment and tried my old toothpaste after using this for several weeks... GROSSSS, bleh. There is no going back for me. Weleda Toothpaste forever!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

My first Weleda toothpaste. I thought the brown grainy formulation looked unappealing when I first squeezed it out of the tube, but actually the taste and feel was really refreshing. I like the fact it isn't foaming like conventional toothpastes - it kind of liquidises in my mouth so I feel my teeth are being fully immersed in a cleansing fluid. My teeth feel truly polished and my mouth feels, well, ocean fresh. I couldn't go back to mainstream, artificial, frothy, chemical laden products.

About reviewer (305 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

10 years ago

My favorite toothpaste. It is SLS and fluoride free which is important to me. This toothpaste leaves your mouth and your tongue exceptionally clean. Most toothpastes do not clean your tongue enough but Weleda's salt paste does. Weleda was a brand my mother used and I trust their products. I will use this toothpaste indefinitely.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age25-29