Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this but I was not very impressed.
On its own, I did not find it very moisturizing.
It is very heavy and greasy. It mostly sits on top of the skin and does not sink into the skin well if at all.
The Nivea only made the skin feel soft after applying and allowing it to stay on overnight but if I did not reapply the skin was dry and rough again once the Nivea completely wore off. I used it for over a month and the same dry patch on my elbow is not healed. It is smaller but not gone. I also tried it on the face and found it very heavy and suffocating and it broke me out.
It worked better lightly under the eyes but I stayed away from the inner corners to avoid puffiness.
It did soften the skin but it was still technically dry and if I did not reapply it would go back to the way it was.
Personally, after using this for two months now I have no real use for this product.

Also, CeraVe on its own completely healed the initial dry patch on my elbow in less than a week.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I've alway's heard this was a dupe of the La Mer Creme, but I will have to get the La Mer to find out one day. I have tried the mexican formula-oil based like cold cream that is commonly sold in the US, the german formula- waxy based that I was fortunate to find at Ross, and came across a south african formula emolliet waxy yet lighter weight also found at Ross..

They all are equally heavy in texture and I think they could be great for the neck-toes, but in no way would I put this on my face because of how thick it is and it contains;perfume.
The rose like scent is out dated but I can tolerate the smell. It makes a great hand cream, or any place where you may have dry skin.

Personally I prefer the german formula the best because it absorbs into the skin, and I don't understood why they don't stock the formula on the US shelves. Some people love this but I feel that it is just a good, simple, heavy moisturizer. I just wish they made it without the scent, or made a better scent.

on 8/15/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Nah, this was just too thick and waxy. I tried warming it up between my palms to help it glide on more easily, but still found it too thick. It leaves a temporary film on your skin for a very long time - that's why I only use it at night. The following morning it would have sunk in and my skin left moisturized, but it did not hydrate my skin any more than other lotions I have tried. Since it won't spread I feel like I'm using a bigger amount than I normally would, i.e. less eonomic. Overall, nothing special about this and found it such a hassle to use.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TLDR: Tried it, loved it, addicted, we're married now. That's it.

So I read the article by the lady comparing Nivea to La Mer. Being significantly more dry post-Accutane and not getting any younger, suffice to say I was interested. With a $1 price tag on a jar just the right size for sampling, I needed no convincing.

I didn't get into the whole controversy of Mexican formula vs. German formula. I just bought the one easily available at my local drugstore, which was Mexican. Bueno, make me pretty.

The $1 packaging is a lil blue tin that you dip into. If you're weird about the sanitariness of tubs, you can easily use a spatula or some other applicator to dispense the product with. I just dip into it with clean fingertips and dab all over my face and neck, rubbing and patting until it's evenly distributed. It's pretty heavy so save your generous application for the evening and use sparingly during the day. It absorbs fairly well and my skin looks noticeably more plump and healthy after using it for a few days. I've gotten to where I use it on my hands, elbows and knees, and even the ends of my hair if it's looking thirsty.

If you find it too heavy, Nivea makes a more lightweight formula called Soft you might like better. I have them both and go back and forth. Even when I use the Soft, I'll often dab a bit of the original formula around my eyes as a makeshift eye cream.

Note: I've not had many issues with breakouts from this product but it can clog my pores on my nose especially. Exfoliating twice a week and using astringent semi-regularly prevents this.

Bottom line: Frankly this stuff has become a makeup bag staple of mine. I always keep it stocked; I've even got my fella using it. It's certainly worth trying for the price.

on 9/5/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My HG for life! If there was one thing I had to take on a desert island, it would be this. I'm 32 and people often think I'm around 20 (they are so shocked when I tell them my age) and I honestly put it down to wearing this cream. I started wearing this nearly 15 years ago and have worn this everyday since then. I lather it on generously after toning my skin in the morning and at night.

If you have really dry skin this is amazing. It's been compared to La Mer moisturising creme which is quite expensive. Some might find this too thick and greasy for them but if you have dry skin, its perfect.

on 8/30/2017 10:41:00 AM

Very thick and oily. Does not sink well into the skin and needs time to sink. You ve got to "massage" the skin for it to absorb it. But it heals very dry skin and helps you get rid of flakiness. It is very heavy duty moisturizer. I use it only if I need too for specific dry areas. It's a staple, I will buy again.

on 8/7/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Nivea is the only product that will moisturize my face.

on 8/14/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is for the German version, now sold in all pharmacies in Malaysia.I tried the Thai version 3 years ago and hated it.

About 4 months ago since I was placed under Roaccutane/Isotretinoin by my dermatologist and had a horrible time trying to find a good moisturizer. My usual Meishoku Cercaolla Gel - which had ceramides just wasn't enough for me and I *loathed* Cetaphil's Moisturing Cream which came highly raved about for those under roaccutane as well.

Cue German formulated Nivea Creme, I wandered into the pharmacy near my uni one day and found it! I swear it must have been fate or something because I wanted to try the German made one forever but SmallFlower's international shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous.

The formula is thick and heavy, its very basic but very moisturizing. Maybe I'll try La Mer someday just for comparison's sake but for my 20 year old self; Nivea creme is more than enough.

on 7/2/2017 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Rich, thick, and a little greasy, this can be difficult to physically put on without first rubbing it between your hands to warm it up. The reviewer who compared it to cold cream cheese was right on the money. Chapped hands and feet don't stand a chance. The fragrance is very strong and annoying, but when the product is this good and this cheap, I can hardly bring myself to care.

on 7/29/2017 2:38:00 PM

The Nivea creme is extremely thick, and has a unpleasant smell. Because of its very thick consistency, its hard to spread out on your skin and apply an even layer. It also leaves a white cast on some spots of your skin. Worst of all, it NEVER really seems to sink into the skin, but just sits on top of it, in the most greasy manner. All in all, a terrible product that I will not re-purchase.