Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 12/5/2017 11:52:00 PM

I, like many, use this as a dupe for Creme de la Mer. I read on the blog ‘Beautiful With Brains’ that ‘Creme De La Mer also contains seaweed extract, which undergoes a fermentation process that makes it produce lactic acid.’
Whether this is true or not, after reading this I started applying The Ordinary’s lactic acid under Nivea’s Creme to make up for that aspect. This is the dream team. In the morning my skin is soft, smooth and beautiful.
I’m satisfied and don’t feel compelled to try a different night moisturiser, which as someone who is a restless consumer with a taste for high end products, says a lot.

I use the ‘German’ version for anyone who’s interested. This is what’s commonly sold in Australia.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've always had very normal skin, maybe just one pimple once in every 6-10 months, even some natural glow on my cheeks if I've had a long 8-10 hours of sleep. After my baby was born my skin quickly started to deteriorate. Breakouts, blackheads and what not! I invested in expensive night creams, Korean cosmetics with hyaluronic acid, and grapeseed oil infused with Calendula. But my skin was still feeling very very rough and even in the hot Southern hemisphere summer it felt tight as if it was shrinking. I thought it was all hormonal because I just had a baby so tried to be patient and kept on using those products. But it got to the point where I found myself itching my dry cheeks. My skin was dull and lifeless. So one day in the mall I was thinking if I should get Nivea because growing up I always used Nivea and back then didn't even know petroleum could be a nasty ingredient! After much thought I got myself a tiny one and used a little bit that night and could immediate see a difference! My skin was breathing again! Since then I've given up on expensive products and embraced this childhood friend Nivea creme once again!

I normally mix this with Argan oil to upgrade this cream, it applies like a dream with oil. It is a very basic moisturizer, contain basic ingredients. It is a good base for your DIY face cream.
It is super cheap. Yes, it has some nasty ingredients, but so does La Mer.

on 11/18/2017 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this creme ,i use it when in the winter my skin starts to get really dry and this gem is the only cream that reallly sorts this issue out 100%
Whenever i have had an allergic reaction to some cosmetic my face skin goes very dry and scaly rough to touch,it doesnt happen often maybe once in five years,but this is the creme i turn to,i apply a very thick layer like a mask,it sinks right in after about thirty mins,i apply again and again and leave it on overnight,after doing this for three consecutive days my skin finally returns to its normal self,always have apot to hand-the best.

on 11/14/2017 4:58:00 AM

On my lips yes but on my face no way it breaks me out cause it clogs the pores. Maby for hands but not very likely. Scent is lovely though. Cheap.

on 11/13/2017 10:32:00 AM

I've been using this for around 3 months now and probably would not repurchase it given the choice. I have dry skin and it is adequate as a night moisturizer, but when I tried using this for both day and night, my skin texture felt strange- heavy if not bouncy, if that makes any sense. Also, I felt that even though the creme itself was very rich, the actual moisturizing could be better- I noticed that I end my day with more dry patches on my face when using it both day and night than when using a light, gel day moisturizer and saving the Nivea Creme for sleeping. For the price though, it can't be beat and I'd be willing to keep this on hand as an emergency moisturizer if I suddenly run out of my main ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this for a few things:

For hands, it's pretty decent. I feel like it's a little too thick for my liking, but the smell is nice. It seems like it doesn't totally sink in, so that bothers me a little. I'll probably use it for dry heels/elbows if I take it back out.

For my face, this was a disaster. I tried it as a face cream for night or day and both times it broke me out and never sunk in. It felt suffocating. I also tried it as a cold cream to remove makeup and it was way too thick. This process ended up making my face red and irritated. I have sensitive skin that is acne-prone and dehydration-prone for reference. This won't go near my face again.

Overall, I would not repurchase this. I prefer more creamy lotions and hand creams.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Everyone needs a tin of this in the house. It’s basically a modern day salve- fix gardener’s hands, rub over rough patches in the winter. Help your male/less feminine partner with tough skin that gets neglected. Provide intense (but very surface-oily) moisture to dry hands. Reliable.

on 10/23/2017 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok well I have just got onto the nivea creme bandwagon knocking onto 31 now I am beginning to notice a significant transformation to my skin as of late it's getting more and more chronically dry the skin around my nose as been flaking like crazy lately and have been getting these inflamed dry and irrated patches on my face I tried everything and nothing worked I read all the benefits of this wonderful yet simplistic little cream in a tin and I have never been happier it's rather hydrating so oil skinny People proceed cautiously but to a dry skin sufferer like me my search is finnaly over and the bonus is doesn't cost an arm and a leg THANK YOU NIVEA!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this but I was not very impressed.
On its own, I did not find it very moisturizing.
It is very heavy and greasy. It mostly sits on top of the skin and does not sink into the skin well if at all.
The Nivea only made the skin feel soft after applying and allowing it to stay on overnight but if I did not reapply the skin was dry and rough again once the Nivea completely wore off. I used it for over a month and the same dry patch on my elbow is not healed. It is smaller but not gone. I also tried it on the face and found it very heavy and suffocating and it broke me out.
It worked better lightly under the eyes but I stayed away from the inner corners to avoid puffiness.
It did soften the skin but it was still technically dry and if I did not reapply it would go back to the way it was.
Personally, after using this for two months now I have no real use for this product.

Also, CeraVe on its own completely healed the initial dry patch on my elbow in less than a week.

Popular Lotions / Creams