Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 5/22/2018 11:10:00 PM

I recently returned to this product on a whim as I was using La Roche Posay Toleriane and felt that this offered much of the same promises. I purchased the German formulation in the metal tin. I use it at night by applying it over Rosehip Oil. I start by cleansing my face and leaving it slightly damp. I then apply a few drops of Rosehip Oil and allow that to settle for about 5 minutes. After this I apply about a pea sized amount of Nivea cream. I also apply the same regime to my hands and feet every night. In the morning I wipe my face over with a moistened makeup removing cloth and then apply my primer and makeup.

There is a reason why these products have been around so long. I am 52 and my skin is soft and radiant. Nivea is so cheap and it just works. I used to believe that mature women need to purchase the high end products to get results. I was a long time user of Cosmedix, Results RX, La Roche Posay, etc... A year ago I gave up retinol products, but stuck with a strict sunscreen regime along with botox every three months in the crows and frown lines. Nivea is one of those companies that releases a lot of new products lately, but their old school lines are fantastic.

It should be said that Nivea cream does tend to sit on the skin a bit and make you look like a glow worm, but in the morning, it has all absorbed. It lasts ages too.

I love this stuff! I love the scent, I love how soothing it feels to smooth it onto my skin, I love how well it moisturizes!!! It is a holy grail moisturizer for me. I don’t use it every night because it is SO thick but I like to use it most nights. I use a lighter moisturizer for day use. Highly recommend as an affordable, practical, and functional moisturizer for face and body!

I’m only buying the German version of this when I finish my tin. I RIS a nice xmas tin of this creme from German friend of mine so I know it’s German formula so much better than N American formula. I use this for lack of a better word to “grease” my feet at least twice a day .I wear the Nivea applied generously to my feet taking care to get my heels esp then socks go on. It’s the most healing thing if you have diabetic feet. I don’t have diabetes but I have the same concerns as some1 w diabetic feet. This works on my face too it’s a CdlMer dupe I hear but I’ll never know bcoz CdlM will never touch this face I’m poor haha but this stuff is the most awesome foot creme ever. It’s perf 10/10 & I don’t use it every day on my face but I should start it brings out a good complexion I bet my skin could get used to it. It used to be that I couldn’t use a drop of anything w oil or creme or I broke out. Now I swear by ponds cold creme to cleanse my face first step of my double cleanse (the 2nd is Clinique acne systems bar soap or Dial Gold liquid soap). German Nivea is amazing I’m hoarding my blue tub of it. They make other stuff too for body care (face, wipes, deo, shave, men’s, shower, body lotion) all the German stuff is much better I think u can get German Nivea on Ebay or amazon but I’m sure it’s $$$ I need my deutsche swapper to send more Nivea lol this stuff I swear by. The Mexican stuff is like lard. It never melts into skin it’s thick & nasty when the German stuff melds w ur skin it sinks in & is readily absorbed & it gives your fave a healthy lit-from-within glow where as the mex sits on top of ur skin leaving it dull & waxy. I totally consider this a HG. 100% #winner —- Grade A- (because it’s hard to get! Otherwise would be A++)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After reading that this is a Creme de la Mer dupe, I was so curious! Once I found out that they sell the German one in Australia, I scooped it up for $5 for the 150ml tin. I love that the packaging is so old school and simple. Onto the product! It's so thick and cannot be applied to wet skin. You have to take a fairly small amount and kind of work it in. For my skin which is showing first signs of aging, it has been great! My skin tone is much more even and my "wrinkles" seem softer. The surprising thing is that it's wonderful for my acne prone skin. I have been getting less breakouts and barely wear makeup anymore. In saying that, don't overdo it. If my face feels a bit clogged, I give my skin a break from the cream and it makes a difference. I'm going to keep using it because it's cheaper and more effective than all the fancy stuff. I have no idea how it works better than anything else but I won't question it haha

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This guy has been around for ages for a reason.

I remember my parents using it when I was little and now that I am in my 20s, I started using it again. It is a very nice, rich cream that can be used on your face and body if needed. Great as a hydrating leave on overnight mask or even a hand/foot cream. You can't beat the price, it is just 1 dollar.

Some say it is a Creme De La Mer dupe, I talk more about it in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but other than that - you just can't go wrong with this little guy. It is perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I genuinely do not get the hype. I have tried both the US and German formulations and I found both to be greasy and difficult to work with. On the face, Nivea is a disaster. I tried the German formula out as a night cream and I woke up the next morning with irritated skin that had a couple of new whiteheads, some dermatitis patches near my mouth, clogged pores, and flakiness. My facial skin is too sensitive for this. I will use up the tub I have on my body because it's thick and my legs can tolerate it, but even as a body moisturizer it is difficult to spread and never seems to sink in. Hard pass on this, y'all. If you want a decent cream from the drugstore, get CeraVe.

This is a good basic occlusive moisturiser. After deciding to do a total re-haul of my skincare (no fragrance, big focus on moisture) I picked up this from the supermarket in NZ for around $13

I have a very combination skin type. My skin will get very oily if it is hydrated wrong/not hydrated. I am also quite acne prone so have finally conquered my fear of heavy moisturisers. This was the first I tried.

This moisturiser is a fabulous starting point for combo/dry/stressed skin. I use it both day and night. While it gives you a very shiny skin finish during the day, I top this off with sunscreen and it seems to mattify it down a lot. I follow this with my foundation and it works beautifully (once I powder) Can I reiterate, I have a combo oily acne prone skin type! I have not broken out, my skin stays hydrated all day and I do not look like an oil slick. I also use this at night after an active (retinol, vit C, AHA, BHA) and it works great. My skin is more even and happy every morning.

The cons for this is that it is a basic formula. It has glycerin, lanolin and mineral oil which are wonderful at preventing moisture loss in the skin but there is little to offer in terms of other skin beneficial ingredients. For example unless I am using an antioxidant/other goodies rich serum before this, this does not assist in any way with other skin quality/anti-aging/anti-acne quality.

For this reason I will be likely switching to CeraVe PM Lotion which contains ceramides, niacinamides and hyaluronic acid. However, I will likely keep this for my body/neck/decolletage and would not hesitate to put this on my face again if I did not have my usual CeraVe handy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If I read a review of a product and someone says their grandmother used the product and had beautiful skin her whole life, there’s a 99% chance I’m going to try that product. There is something so appealing to me about vintage beauty and skincare products that have stood the test of time. Nivea creme is no exception. I use this only on my face and neck at night and only the German version. I do not enjoy using this on my body because of how thick and hard it is to spread. For my face, it’s a nice rich cream and I enjoy using it in my routine. My skin usually looks much better in the morning when I wake up after I’ve used it, I get a nice glow. I’m incredibly acne prone and this will only occasionally break me out, which leads me to believe it’s probably another product I’ve layered with it or my skin is just acting up that week. Anyway, I really think this is worth the insanely cheap price and a great product for people who want to try the famed La Mer without the insane price tag.

on 2/14/2018 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this on my body, not face. What is it meant for?

on 1/21/2018 1:11:00 AM

Very heavy, greasy and does not absorb into my skin, leaves a greasy layer on top of my skin which i can actually roll off..yuck. Felt like i had to reshower after applying it to my neck and chest area, would never use this on my face!

Popular Lotions / Creams