Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 7/2/2017 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This moisturizer is so insanely thick and rich, it can be difficult to physically put on without rubbing it between your hands to warm it. The reviewer who compared it to cold cream cheese was right on the money. It feels so luxurious to use, even though it's probably the cheapest stuff on the market. Chapped hands and feet don't stand a chance. It also makes a great eye cream and even full-face night cream if you can stand the super strong, floral fragrance. (I can't.)

on 6/5/2017 12:01:00 PM

This review is for the German version which I buy at the local German market for about 20 bucks for 400ml. This is the best moisturizer for my dry skin. I use it all over, even my face and it never breaks me out. It is very thick and can be difficult to spread. I warm in my hands before applying to body and gently pat it into my face. It's greasy for a few minutes then sinks in nicely. Great base for my mineral makeup. My son even uses it after his bath, although I need to watch him because he scoops out way more than he needs and at 20 bucks a tin I'm not trying to buy it weekly.

on 5/26/2017 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This cream is great during the winter months!.. it's a soft thick almost paste texture. Goes on thick, takes awhile to massage and absorb but once it does skin is very soft, smooth and moisturized. I use this exclusively for my legs and feet . The scent is overpowering but I can get past it wearing it on my legs/feet but it maybe too strong for those who are scentsitive. I personally love the packaging, the blue tin is very nostalgic for me. The cream I have was manufactured in Germany as I understand there are two types -the other from Mexico which I am unable to get where I live- just for comparison. But overall a great deep moisturizing cream which leaves you satisfied. A staple cream for me.

on 5/25/2017 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Holy grail product! This Blue tin gem is a classic for a reason, it works!
I'm Olive skin of mixed background and find many body lotions and butters to be oily and rich on the skin, but not Nivea Creme. It sinks in and never irritates my skin, just soft smooth and with the classic Nivea sent! Love 💕💕💕

I initially bought this cream for my combination, acne-prone skin after seeing a youtuber name it their holy grail. It instantly broke me out in a very strange, bumpy kind of acne and I quickly realized why. . This creme should really only be used on VERY dry skin. it is extremely thick and greasy, which isn't a problem when I use on my body! It soaks in after about 10 mins and my legs and arms have never been more moisturized and pretty, but it turned my face into a bumpy mess. I think if my face was as dry as the rest of my skin, this would have worked. I highly recommend using Nivea Soft creme on your face if this was too much, it's much lighter while still very moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely despise this product. It smells horrible, greasy, and doesn't moisturize. I will not repurchase.

on 4/29/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I hadn't previously used this cream for around 14 years until I read a recent article comparing it to Creme de la mer and this very cheap product wins. I have previously had such oil slick skin but my skin has recently turned very dry due to age factor, harsh winter and a combination of face care meant for oil skin that rips off its natural oils (makeup eraser, clean and clear face wash, mud mask, constant abrasion and exfoliation). I've started using this for a month on and off during those evenings when I feel the most dry, and this has really helped combat the flaky skin. While it's a pain to spread evenly due to the thick consistency, but it's nothing that I can't work with. Would probably buy the soft version but for daytime routines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one of my all-time favourite skincare products.

I have normal-combination skin. I used to use Nivea Soft religiously until the smell got to me - it was far too much fragrance. Then I decided to take a chance on this cream when my skin was so dry and flaky from using AHAs. As soon as I put this cream on, I fell in love. It soothes redness and irritation - especially when I've picked my skin - and reduces it. It moisturises extremely well because of the lanolin and glycerin in the cream and always helped my skin from getting too flaky and dry when I've used clay masks or chemical exfoliants.

I love the smell of the creme because it's not too overwhelming unlike Nivea Soft. I like using it as the third step of my skincare routine (after COSRX's Galactomyces essence and The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%). Otherwise, it takes a while to rub in completely when used on dry skin/very slippery, moisturised skin. The creme applies effortlessly on skin that has been moisturised but doesn't have too much slip. I like the price and the fact it does wonders for my skin. I don't see a need to buy expensive creams when this does such a wonderful job as an occlusive heavy cream.

on 4/16/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have had rosacea and hormonal acne for over 5 years now. I have tried many different moisturizers, but this is my absolute favorite. I've been using it for a little over a year now.

I live in the desert, use .05% tretinoin and wash with 4% Panoxyl in the morning. If I don't moisturize, I break out even MORE. It's true that the smell is strong but I kinda dig it. My grandmother used to use it and it gives me warm, fuzzy feelings of nostalgia.

It is also quite thick, like cream cheese, but given the fact that I live in a desert, it's not too bad. I just apply a very thin layer in the morning and it gives my makeup a nice dewy look. Also, despite the heavy texture, I find that it does not break me out. I just make sure to apply it on clean skin with clean hands.

on 3/26/2017 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Get the German version (available on Amazon). It has paraffin instead of mineral oil and petroleum. This means it's less geasy. It's a very thick soothing cream but goes in quickly. I don't know of anything more moisturizing. I have tried a lot of dry skin products. The texture is a bit like cream cheese. It spreads well and goes in quickly It does have a strong grandmother smell. When I used the American all my clothese smelled like it. I think the smell fades better with the German version. I don't have both at the same time. I use this for body only as it probably break me out . Great for exzema and really dry chapped skin.