NIVEA Creme

NIVEA Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Not cruelty free so I simply can not use anymore...my conscience won't let me.... hoping they will go leaping bunny soon🐇🐰

I have the German formulation of this product and I do not get it. This does nothing for me. It feels nice and soft on the skin, but instead of keeping my skin smooth and moisturised, I feel like this dries my skin even further! So I keep having to use more and more, which is something I don't usually have to do with most moisturisers. Great price, great packaging, lousy product.

on 10/22/2018 11:36:00 PM

A classic. I use this as the last step in my evening skincare routine. It’s a great, cheap, simple occlusive to seal in your skincare but is a lot more cosmetically elegant than plain vaseline. I mean yes, it will make your face very shiny but it doesn’t feel sticky or goopy. At night I take a sizable amount from the jar, warm it in my hands, and apply by gently pressing it into my skin. It applies comfortably and evenly when used this way. I have tried using it as a standalone moisturizer but the texture of it is so rich that it doesn’t feel comfortable on bare skin. I’ve also tried using it during the day, but even the smallest amount can make your skin look greasy towards the end of the day. Despite the strong fragrance, this is one of the only moisturizers I’ve used that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, and it doesn’t make me break out either. Also great to use as a hand cream before bed in the wintertime.

on 10/7/2018 10:28:00 AM

I don't usually use this cream because it is too oily for my skin but I always use it as SOS, and it new let me down. When my skin is very dry because of a new (bad) product or the cold weather, I apply it at night and in the morning my skin is much better.

Some time ago I had a really bad reaction to a new product I tried, my skin was so sensitive and dry that it felt like an iron mask. It was even hard to speak. None of my usual moisturizers was good enough to put my skin back to normal, my skin would only tolerate this Nivea. I used it for a week and little by little my skin went back to normal and I could return to my regular moisturizer. So I always have a small box at hand of this Nivea.

on 10/4/2018 11:52:00 AM

Back in my days when I used to run daily throughout the Minnesota Winter I would apply the Nivea Creme, or Vaseline, to my face to prevent it from becoming chapped on days when it was below zero. This definitely helped prevent my skin from becoming super dry, although at the end of the run I would remove any remaining cream from my face. Nivea Creme can do a good job sealing moisture into your skin. I'm not a big fan of the fragrance they use in the Nivea Creme, it takes a long time to dissipate and it is an over the top floral scent. The formula for Nivea Creme is about as basic as it gets, doesn't include any antioxidants or beneficial ingredients. My other warning is if you have acne prone skin be careful if you apply this to your face because almost all of the ingredients can cause trigger breakouts. I won't use this for my face but when my hands or cuticles get very dry in the winter I use this. My video review can be seen here:

on 9/29/2018 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This creme is just amazing. I have combination to dry skin and I use this as a facial moisturizer at night. I see a lot of people complain that it breaks them out. What you need to know is that the formula of this product is actually resistant to bacteria, meaning you cannot actually "contaminate" your jar by putting your fingers in there. It should also be used carefully as a last step in your skin care routine and not as your main moisturizer. This creme is made to seal in moisture along with anything else you've put on your skin before it. Nivea itself cannot break you out, maybe you've touched your face with dirty hands or not removed your makeup well enough before hand, and that bacteria then gets trapped in your pores by the Nivea and breaks you out, but it is NOT the creme itself that causes acne. I use this in fairly small amounts on the face only at night warmed up with my fingers and mixed in with a couple of drops of argan oil. It works wonders - especially during the harsh Canadian winters. I wake up with glowing plump skin, will keep using this for the rest of my life. This also makes for a fantastic hand and body cream. I use the German version sold in Canada if anyone is wondering. At 1.49$ for a small 1oz tin, I don't see a reason as to why just about anyone shouldn't give it a shot. The fragrance is wonderful. I grew up watching my grandmother, mother, aunt AND even my father all use this religiously (to this day my 92 year old grandmother uses this creme and looks like she is in her 60's). I wish they sold this in jumbo bucket sizes, if I could, I would dive right in!

on 9/6/2018 8:35:00 AM

A nice cream, classic formula from the same labs making La Prairie! Surprised? Go fetch.... 😎

on 9/6/2018 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

From love it to Im so in love with it

on 8/17/2018 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is for the German version, now sold in all pharmacies in Malaysia.I tried the Thai version 3 years ago and hated it.

About 4 months ago since I was placed under Roaccutane/Isotretinoin by my dermatologist and had a horrible time trying to find a good moisturizer. My usual Meishoku Cercaolla Gel - which had ceramides just wasn't enough for me and I *loathed* Cetaphil's Moisturing Cream which came highly raved about for those under roaccutane as well.

Cue German formulated Nivea Creme, I wandered into the pharmacy near my uni one day and found it! I swear it must have been fate or something because I wanted to try the German made one forever but SmallFlower's international shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous.

The formula is thick and heavy, its very basic but very moisturizing. Maybe I'll try La Mer someday just for comparison's sake but for my 20 year old self; Nivea creme is more than enough.

on 8/12/2018 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this stuff. It is thick and you have to work it into your skin but it works wonders for my dry feet and elbows. I use it in the winter all over. I feel it not onlymoisturizes but also holds moisture in and makes a barrier against dryness, and smells nice.

Popular Lotions / Creams