Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I initially bought this cream for my combination, acne-prone skin after seeing a youtuber name it their holy grail. It instantly broke me out in a very strange, bumpy kind of acne and I quickly realized why. . This creme should really only be used on VERY dry skin. it is extremely thick and greasy, which isn't a problem when I use on my body! It soaks in after about 10 mins and my legs and arms have never been more moisturized and pretty, but it turned my face into a bumpy mess. I think if my face was as dry as the rest of my skin, this would have worked. I highly recommend using Nivea Soft creme on your face if this was too much, it's much lighter while still very moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely despise this product. It smells horrible, greasy, and doesn't moisturize. I will not repurchase.

on 4/29/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I hadn't previously used this cream for around 14 years until I read a recent article comparing it to Creme de la mer and this very cheap product wins. I have previously had such oil slick skin but my skin has recently turned very dry due to age factor, harsh winter and a combination of face care meant for oil skin that rips off its natural oils (makeup eraser, clean and clear face wash, mud mask, constant abrasion and exfoliation). I've started using this for a month on and off during those evenings when I feel the most dry, and this has really helped combat the flaky skin. While it's a pain to spread evenly due to the thick consistency, but it's nothing that I can't work with. Would probably buy the soft version but for daytime routines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is one of my all-time favourite skincare products.

I have normal-combination skin. I used to use Nivea Soft religiously until the smell got to me - it was far too much fragrance. Then I decided to take a chance on this cream when my skin was so dry and flaky from using AHAs. As soon as I put this cream on, I fell in love. It soothes redness and irritation - especially when I've picked my skin - and reduces it. It moisturises extremely well because of the lanolin and glycerin in the cream and always helped my skin from getting too flaky and dry when I've used clay masks or chemical exfoliants.

I love the smell of the creme because it's not too overwhelming unlike Nivea Soft. I like using it as the third step of my skincare routine (after COSRX's Galactomyces essence and The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%). Otherwise, it takes a while to rub in completely when used on dry skin/very slippery, moisturised skin. The creme applies effortlessly on skin that has been moisturised but doesn't have too much slip. I like the price and the fact it does wonders for my skin. I don't see a need to buy expensive creams when this does such a wonderful job as an occlusive heavy cream.

on 4/16/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have had rosacea and hormonal acne for over 5 years now. I have tried many different moisturizers, but this is my absolute favorite. I've been using it for a little over a year now.

I live in the desert, use .05% tretinoin and wash with 4% Panoxyl in the morning. If I don't moisturize, I break out even MORE. It's true that the smell is strong but I kinda dig it. My grandmother used to use it and it gives me warm, fuzzy feelings of nostalgia.

It is also quite thick, like cream cheese, but given the fact that I live in a desert, it's not too bad. I just apply a very thin layer in the morning and it gives my makeup a nice dewy look. Also, despite the heavy texture, I find that it does not break me out. I just make sure to apply it on clean skin with clean hands.

on 3/26/2017 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Get the German version (available on Amazon). It has paraffin instead of mineral oil and petroleum. This means it's less geasy. It's a very thick soothing cream but goes in quickly. I don't know of anything more moisturizing. I have tried a lot of dry skin products. The texture is a bit like cream cheese. It spreads well and goes in quickly It does have a strong grandmother smell. When I used the American all my clothese smelled like it. I think the smell fades better with the German version. I don't have both at the same time. I use this for body only as it probably break me out . Great for exzema and really dry chapped skin.

on 3/25/2017 9:39:00 PM

I like this product. I have combination/oily skin and I use this product as I night moisturiser, it makes my skin feel refreshing. I still use it even though I do have oily skin but there have been many reports saying that 'if you have oily skin put more oil onto it' because the reason your skin is producing a lot of oil is because you are not moisturising it. I like this and will use again.

on 3/23/2017 3:44:00 PM

i tried to use it as cream and mask and both times my skin almost instantly heat up and becomes itchy...this is a no go for me.......not sure what's triggering the reaction though......

on 3/11/2017 12:51:00 PM

I was introduced to Nivea by my mother when I was an adolescent. We have the same skin, fair and a tendency to be dry. I have tried numerous skincare products as it is a bit of an obsession of mine to look good. I think it has paid off, my skin is in great shape and I'm in my mid fifties. It helps to not smoke and to eat properly. To make a long story short, Nivea is good as a night regime, not in the morning, as it is greasy and takes a while to absorb. It is the ultimate moisturizer for my skin and it is especially effective if I cleanse my face around 8 or 9 pm, apply Nivea and let it do its thing a couple of hours before I go to bed. If I wait until bedtime, it ends up on my pillow. This is not a product for individuals with oily skin and/or prone to breakouts. My only skin issue is dryness and Nivea resolves this problem for me better than any other product. The price cannot be beat, it is extremely affordable, and the container is large. I love the way it smells too.

on 3/6/2017 3:14:00 PM

I LOVE this cream. I live in a mountain town in Canada, where the winters are harsh. My skin dries out & gets super flakey & itchy. This cream combats the dry skin almost instantly. It has the classic Nivea smell....which I'm addicted to. My skin is super sensitive to certain ingredients, but doesn't seem to react to this cream, so I will keep using it. The only negative thing I have to say about it, is that it takes a bit of time for it to soak into the skin, so it feels slightly greasy for several minutes after application. If you wait about 5-10 minutes, it soaks in nicely & leaves skin soft & smooth.