Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 8/17/2018 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is for the German version, now sold in all pharmacies in Malaysia.I tried the Thai version 3 years ago and hated it.

About 4 months ago since I was placed under Roaccutane/Isotretinoin by my dermatologist and had a horrible time trying to find a good moisturizer. My usual Meishoku Cercaolla Gel - which had ceramides just wasn't enough for me and I *loathed* Cetaphil's Moisturing Cream which came highly raved about for those under roaccutane as well.

Cue German formulated Nivea Creme, I wandered into the pharmacy near my uni one day and found it! I swear it must have been fate or something because I wanted to try the German made one forever but SmallFlower's international shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous.

The formula is thick and heavy, its very basic but very moisturizing. Maybe I'll try La Mer someday just for comparison's sake but for my 20 year old self; Nivea creme is more than enough.

on 8/12/2018 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this stuff. It is thick and you have to work it into your skin but it works wonders for my dry feet and elbows. I use it in the winter all over. I feel it not onlymoisturizes but also holds moisture in and makes a barrier against dryness, and smells nice.

on 7/22/2018 4:16:00 PM

One of the best creams on the market. I live in Europe and I have used the cream that comes in a tin package. It is a good all over the body cream, all year round. I use it after the sun exposure and it helps prolong the tan, I use it at night in the winter and it really softens my skin. Also the fragrance is great and it brings back a lot of lovely memories from when I was a child and my mom and my grandmother had Nivea Creme on their night stand and when they used it, they gave me a very small amount on my tiny hands and it felt very luxurious. Even if I try other lotions and creams, I always come back to this.

on 5/22/2018 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recently returned to this product on a whim as I was using La Roche Posay Toleriane and felt that this offered much of the same promises. I purchased the German formulation in the metal tin. I use it at night by applying it over Rosehip Oil. I start by cleansing my face and leaving it slightly damp. I then apply a few drops of Rosehip Oil and allow that to settle for about 5 minutes. After this I apply about a pea sized amount of Nivea cream. I also apply the same regime to my hands and feet every night. In the morning I wipe my face over with a moistened makeup removing cloth and then apply my primer and makeup.

There is a reason why these products have been around so long. I am 52 and my skin is soft and radiant. Nivea is so cheap and it just works. I used to believe that mature women need to purchase the high end products to get results. I was a long time user of Cosmedix, Results RX, La Roche Posay, etc... A year ago I gave up retinol products, but stuck with a strict sunscreen regime along with botox every three months in the crows and frown lines. Nivea is one of those companies that releases a lot of new products lately, but their old school lines are fantastic.

It should be said that Nivea cream does tend to sit on the skin a bit and make you look like a glow worm, but in the morning, it has all absorbed. It lasts ages too.

I love this stuff! I love the scent, I love how soothing it feels to smooth it onto my skin, I love how well it moisturizes!!! It is a holy grail moisturizer for me. I don’t use it every night because it is SO thick but I like to use it most nights. I use a lighter moisturizer for day use. Highly recommend as an affordable, practical, and functional moisturizer for face and body!

I’m only buying the German version of this when I finish my tin. I RIS a nice xmas tin of this creme from German friend of mine so I know it’s German formula so much better than N American formula. I use this for lack of a better word to “grease” my feet at least twice a day .I wear the Nivea applied generously to my feet taking care to get my heels esp then socks go on. It’s the most healing thing if you have diabetic feet. I don’t have diabetes but I have the same concerns as some1 w diabetic feet. This works on my face too it’s a CdlMer dupe I hear but I’ll never know bcoz CdlM will never touch this face I’m poor haha but this stuff is the most awesome foot creme ever. It’s perf 10/10 & I don’t use it every day on my face but I should start it brings out a good complexion I bet my skin could get used to it. It used to be that I couldn’t use a drop of anything w oil or creme or I broke out. Now I swear by ponds cold creme to cleanse my face first step of my double cleanse (the 2nd is Clinique acne systems bar soap or Dial Gold liquid soap). German Nivea is amazing I’m hoarding my blue tub of it. They make other stuff too for body care (face, wipes, deo, shave, men’s, shower, body lotion) all the German stuff is much better I think u can get German Nivea on Ebay or amazon but I’m sure it’s $$$ I need my deutsche swapper to send more Nivea lol this stuff I swear by. The Mexican stuff is like lard. It never melts into skin it’s thick & nasty when the German stuff melds w ur skin it sinks in & is readily absorbed & it gives your fave a healthy lit-from-within glow where as the mex sits on top of ur skin leaving it dull & waxy. I totally consider this a HG. 100% #winner —- Grade A- (because it’s hard to get! Otherwise would be A++)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After reading that this is a Creme de la Mer dupe, I was so curious! Once I found out that they sell the German one in Australia, I scooped it up for $5 for the 150ml tin. I love that the packaging is so old school and simple. Onto the product! It's so thick and cannot be applied to wet skin. You have to take a fairly small amount and kind of work it in. For my skin which is showing first signs of aging, it has been great! My skin tone is much more even and my "wrinkles" seem softer. The surprising thing is that it's wonderful for my acne prone skin. I have been getting less breakouts and barely wear makeup anymore. In saying that, don't overdo it. If my face feels a bit clogged, I give my skin a break from the cream and it makes a difference. I'm going to keep using it because it's cheaper and more effective than all the fancy stuff. I have no idea how it works better than anything else but I won't question it haha

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This guy has been around for ages for a reason.

I remember my parents using it when I was little and now that I am in my 20s, I started using it again. It is a very nice, rich cream that can be used on your face and body if needed. Great as a hydrating leave on overnight mask or even a hand/foot cream. You can't beat the price, it is just 1 dollar.

Some say it is a Creme De La Mer dupe, I talk more about it in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but other than that - you just can't go wrong with this little guy. It is perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I genuinely do not get the hype. I have tried both the US and German formulations and I found both to be greasy and difficult to work with. On the face, Nivea is a disaster. I tried the German formula out as a night cream and I woke up the next morning with irritated skin that had a couple of new whiteheads, some dermatitis patches near my mouth, clogged pores, and flakiness. My facial skin is too sensitive for this. I will use up the tub I have on my body because it's thick and my legs can tolerate it, but even as a body moisturizer it is difficult to spread and never seems to sink in. Hard pass on this, y'all. If you want a decent cream from the drugstore, get CeraVe.

This is a good basic occlusive moisturiser. After deciding to do a total re-haul of my skincare (no fragrance, big focus on moisture) I picked up this from the supermarket in NZ for around $13

I have a very combination skin type. My skin will get very oily if it is hydrated wrong/not hydrated. I am also quite acne prone so have finally conquered my fear of heavy moisturisers. This was the first I tried.

This moisturiser is a fabulous starting point for combo/dry/stressed skin. I use it both day and night. While it gives you a very shiny skin finish during the day, I top this off with sunscreen and it seems to mattify it down a lot. I follow this with my foundation and it works beautifully (once I powder) Can I reiterate, I have a combo oily acne prone skin type! I have not broken out, my skin stays hydrated all day and I do not look like an oil slick. I also use this at night after an active (retinol, vit C, AHA, BHA) and it works great. My skin is more even and happy every morning.

The cons for this is that it is a basic formula. It has glycerin, lanolin and mineral oil which are wonderful at preventing moisture loss in the skin but there is little to offer in terms of other skin beneficial ingredients. For example unless I am using an antioxidant/other goodies rich serum before this, this does not assist in any way with other skin quality/anti-aging/anti-acne quality.

For this reason I will be likely switching to CeraVe PM Lotion which contains ceramides, niacinamides and hyaluronic acid. However, I will likely keep this for my body/neck/decolletage and would not hesitate to put this on my face again if I did not have my usual CeraVe handy.

Popular Lotions / Creams