Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/16/2017 12:14:00 PM

I love love love this creme as it has helped moisturise my super dry and flaky skin due to winter season. It also helped to fix my dry lips and cracked heels. My face feel smoother and few shades fairer than before. I will definitely repurchase and continue using this nivea creme.

on 2/12/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely despise this product. It smells horrible, greasy, and doesn't moisturize. I will not repurchase.

on 2/6/2017 4:15:00 PM

Basic but works very well !

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't rave enough about this product. This has been my staple facial moisturizer since it is very thick and it has all the ingredients that will make sure my skin will be fully hydrated the next day. I always use this on top of my replenishing face cream by eucerin and it's a match made in heaven.

The reviews for this product is kinda mixed. Some people love it for how basic it is while some people hate it because it is very thick and oily. I tried to use it as a body creme, and of course, it was so thick that it was very hard to spread around. Now I use it as a facial/repairing creme because it provides me exactly what I need, a basic product that provides sufficient hydration and doesn't break me out.

A lot of users complain that it is very oily, and they do have a point. Like I mentioned before, the creme is very thick and difficult to spread around. But I did end up finding a way to solve the issue. I started to pair the creme with Avene's Thermal Spring Water.

The Thermal Spring Water gives enough boost to make the creme less condensed, and it makes it a lot easier to be applied to the face. Not to mention the Thermal Spring Water has calming effects that reduces redness and blemishes, so it pairs perfectly with the Nivea Creme to calm my skin down. I am happy to say that my skin is on the road to recovery, and has been looking a lot better compared to what it was 3 months ago.

Yes, my face might be a little shiny because the creme can be a bit oily after application, but I never wake up and find my face oily. You can argue that I probably wiped all the creme on my pillow, but I don't think so. Remember back when I did a review on Faceshop's sheet masks? If I don't wash the face masks off after each usage, I would always wake up in the morning with tons of oil secretion on my face. But despite how oily the Nivea Creme is after application, my face is almost oil-free when I wake up in the morning, and it feels freaking awesome.

Application:
I always use Avene's Thermal Spring Water with Nivea Creme now, it's just such a perfect pairing. But of course, you can use any other water or toner, as long as it makes the consistency of the creme less dense.

I usually scoop out the creme and put it on my palm, spray some Thermal Spring Water on to my palm or face, and then rub the cream between my hands before gently patting it on to my face.

I guess the only issue I have with the Nivea Creme is the packaging. Yes, the timeless classic blue tin Nivea Creme looks pretty good, but it can get a little unsanitary because I keep dipping my fingers back into it to get the product. But it's not a big problem, I can just get a scoop or something..

Conclusion:
You know what, I think I really like this blue tin canned Nivea Cream. It's just such a basic product, and it can have so many different uses. In times of need, such as when I break out and have flaky and sensitive skin, Nivea Creme totally helped me out and fixed it. I will most likely purchase this product again! However, I imagine this creme would only work well in cold and dry climates, like in Canada and Canadian winters, and not so much in the summer time...So your discretion is advised!

Check out more reviews and photos on my blog :) bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca

on 1/15/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Since my skin is so prone to breakout, I rarely used this cream. However, one day, my skin got pretty horrible itches where I had to use medication. The medication got the skin very dry and "peeling" because of the dryness. I put the cream on my skin on every three hour and the skin healed in just 2-3 days! There is not even a scar there, it recovered my skin very fast. Would definitely recommend this product for anyone with extreme case of dry skin especially in the winter.

on 12/28/2016 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Based on another review here, I started using this for oil cleansing, massaging in a generous amount and removing with a warm moist washcloth. Believe it or not, this has almost completely eliminated the previously very stubborn sebaceous filaments on my nose and the rest of my t-zone. I get the 400ml metal containers that are made in Germany, very affordable at London Drugs here in Canada.

on 12/28/2016 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I live in a hot, humid country plus I'm quite oily, so I definitely did not like this at all. I put this one once. By morning, i was super greasy. Never again.

But then we spent our holidays where it is cold and dry and I realized that I was getting very dry and scaly areas on my face. Sometimes, it even stings or hurt when I wash or move the area. I'm also using foundation almost daily because I had an allergic reaction recently which broke me out like crazy. The prescriptions from the dermatologist are also very drying so I decided to use a moisturizer.

I also use their Nivea Soft Creme, which I really like but stopped because it broke me out after a week of daily use because the packaging is just not hygienic at all. I was afraid the Nivea Moisturizer might also break me out, but I did my research and read some articles and there was one that mentioned that bacteria could not survive in this formula. I forgot the reason why though. That was the main reason I decided to give it a try. Today, I find that I really like it. It is definitely not for light moisturizing. I will only use this when some parts of my face is totally dry and parched and peeling.

The formula is quite thick so I rub it in between my clean fingers and then massage it really well onto my skin. This can be quite time consuming but I would persevere through it rather than use another product that breaks me out again. I use this in the morning under my makeup and then at night. Then after a few minutes, I absolutely make sure to blot with a tissue paper to absorb the excess.

The price is also very cheap so I would definitely purchase again.

on 12/5/2016 4:20:00 PM

As a teenager with oily skin, I never would have dreamed I would use what I considered a hand cream on my face. Now in my mid 40's, I use this cream day and night in the winter, In Summer, I only use at night because my sunscreen gives me enough moisture for daytime. I wake up in the morning with my skin glowing and my smile lines around my eyes and mouth are less apparent. Because I was on a natural kick, I temporarily stopped using Nivea Creme in favor of making my own moisturizer out of essential oils and natural carrier oils. I just did not get the results I get from Nivea Creme. It is so inexpensive, I use it all over without worry over how much it will cost me. I love the smell but the fragrance doesn't last long.

on 11/24/2016 2:47:00 AM

I love this stuff. It's thick. It stays with you. It's cheap and I always have it with me. I have a small tin in my purse and especially in the winter I keep a jar near me always at home and at the office. I didn't give it a 5 because it's way too heavily fragranced. Thank heavens the scent dissipates fairly soon. Mind you, I use it anyway because it's that good. If they would come out with an unscented version, that would be a 5. It would be a 10.