4.2

$9.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I’m only buying the German version of this when I finish my tin. I RIS a nice xmas tin of this creme from German friend of mine so I know it’s German formula so much better than N American formula. I use this for lack of a better word to “grease” my feet at least twice a day .I wear the Nivea applied generously to my feet taking care to get my heels esp then socks go on. It’s the most healing thing if you have diabetic feet. I don’t have diabetes but I have the same concerns as some1 w diabetic feet. This works on my face too it’s a CdlMer dupe I hear but I’ll never know bcoz CdlM will never touch this face I’m poor haha but this stuff is the most awesome foot creme ever. It’s perf 10/10 & I don’t use it every day on my face but I should start it brings out a good complexion I bet my skin could get used to it. It used to be that I couldn’t use a drop of anything w oil or creme or I broke out. Now I swear by ponds cold creme to cleanse my face first step of my double cleanse (the 2nd is Clinique acne systems bar soap or Dial Gold liquid soap). German Nivea is amazing I’m hoarding my blue tub of it. They make other stuff too for body care (face, wipes, deo, shave, men’s, shower, body lotion) all the German stuff is much better I think u can get German Nivea on Ebay or amazon but I’m sure it’s $$$ I need my deutsche swapper to send more Nivea lol this stuff I swear by. The Mexican stuff is like lard. It never melts into skin it’s thick & nasty when the German stuff melds w ur skin it sinks in & is readily absorbed & it gives your fave a healthy lit-from-within glow where as the mex sits on top of ur skin leaving it dull & waxy. I totally consider this a HG. 100% #winner —- Grade A- (because it’s hard to get! Otherwise would be A++)

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

After reading that this is a Creme de la Mer dupe, I was so curious! Once I found out that they sell the German one in Australia, I scooped it up for $5 for the 150ml tin. I love that the packaging is so old school and simple. Onto the product! It's so thick and cannot be applied to wet skin. You have to take a fairly small amount and kind of work it in. For my skin which is showing first signs of aging, it has been great! My skin tone is much more even and my "wrinkles" seem softer. The surprising thing is that it's wonderful for my acne prone skin. I have been getting less breakouts and barely wear makeup anymore. In saying that, don't overdo it. If my face feels a bit clogged, I give my skin a break from the cream and it makes a difference. I'm going to keep using it because it's cheaper and more effective than all the fancy stuff. I have no idea how it works better than anything else but I won't question it haha

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2 years ago

This guy has been around for ages for a reason. I remember my parents using it when I was little and now that I am in my 20s, I started using it again. It is a very nice, rich cream that can be used on your face and body if needed. Great as a hydrating leave on overnight mask or even a hand/foot cream. You can't beat the price, it is just 1 dollar. Some say it is a Creme De La Mer dupe, I talk more about it in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but other than that - you just can't go wrong with this little guy. It is perfect.

About reviewer (553 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

I genuinely do not get the hype. I have tried both the US and German formulations and I found both to be greasy and difficult to work with. On the face, Nivea is a disaster. I tried the German formula out as a night cream and I woke up the next morning with irritated skin that had a couple of new whiteheads, some dermatitis patches near my mouth, clogged pores, and flakiness. My facial skin is too sensitive for this. I will use up the tub I have on my body because it's thick and my legs can tolerate it, but even as a body moisturizer it is difficult to spread and never seems to sink in. Hard pass on this, y'all. If you want a decent cream from the drugstore, get CeraVe.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

This is a good basic occlusive moisturiser. After deciding to do a total re-haul of my skincare (no fragrance, big focus on moisture) I picked up this from the supermarket in NZ for around $13 I have a very combination skin type. My skin will get very oily if it is hydrated wrong/not hydrated. I am also quite acne prone so have finally conquered my fear of heavy moisturisers. This was the first I tried. This moisturiser is a fabulous starting point for combo/dry/stressed skin. I use it both day and night. While it gives you a very shiny skin finish during the day, I top this off with sunscreen and it seems to mattify it down a lot. I follow this with my foundation and it works beautifully (once I powder) Can I reiterate, I have a combo oily acne prone skin type! I have not broken out, my skin stays hydrated all day and I do not look like an oil slick. I also use this at night after an active (retinol, vit C, AHA, BHA) and it works great. My skin is more even and happy every morning. The cons for this is that it is a basic formula. It has glycerin, lanolin and mineral oil which are wonderful at preventing moisture loss in the skin but there is little to offer in terms of other skin beneficial ingredients. For example unless I am using an antioxidant/other goodies rich serum before this, this does not assist in any way with other skin quality/anti-aging/anti-acne quality. For this reason I will be likely switching to CeraVe PM Lotion which contains ceramides, niacinamides and hyaluronic acid. However, I will likely keep this for my body/neck/decolletage and would not hesitate to put this on my face again if I did not have my usual CeraVe handy.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2 years ago

If I read a review of a product and someone says their grandmother used the product and had beautiful skin her whole life, there’s a 99% chance I’m going to try that product. There is something so appealing to me about vintage beauty and skincare products that have stood the test of time. Nivea creme is no exception. I use this only on my face and neck at night and only the German version. I do not enjoy using this on my body because of how thick and hard it is to spread. For my face, it’s a nice rich cream and I enjoy using it in my routine. My skin usually looks much better in the morning when I wake up after I’ve used it, I get a nice glow. I’m incredibly acne prone and this doesn’t break me out. I really think this is worth the insanely cheap price and a great product for people who want to try the famed La Mer without the insane price tag.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0
from

2 years ago

I use this on my body, not face. What is it meant for?

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

1.0

2 years ago

Very heavy, greasy and does not absorb into my skin, leaves a greasy layer on top of my skin which i can actually roll off..yuck. Felt like i had to reshower after applying it to my neck and chest area, would never use this on my face!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I use this every night after I wash my face. A very generous amount .I have super dry sensitive skin and get flakey around my nose and mouth in winter. This has kept my skin so soft and plum it has also been the only thing I’ve used as a lip balm but stays on my lips and I don’t have to constantly reapply. I use the US version made in Mexico which I believe contains petroleum. I ordered the German version after seeing people saying that’s the best one but I find the German one to be not quite as rich so for some one with oily or normal skin would be great but I prefer the US version better it works for my dry lips and skin. I wish the smallest size came with a screw top tin or plastic container the slip on tin comes off very easily in my purse.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

Nivea creme is surprisingly the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. My skin is acne prone and sensitive so I have to be careful with many moisturizers. This moisturizer doesn't have cetearyl alcohol which I always break out from! Nivea creme plumps up my skin and it stays hydrated. Though, sometimes it's a little too greasy. Other than that, it's my HG moisturizer for now.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24