4.2

Shop Now

Reviews

from

a year ago

I don't usually use this cream because it is too oily for my skin but I always use it as SOS, and it new let me down. When my skin is very dry because of a new (bad) product or the cold weather, I apply it at night and in the morning my skin is much better. Some time ago I had a really bad reaction to a new product I tried, my skin was so sensitive and dry that it felt like an iron mask. It was even hard to speak. None of my usual moisturizers was good enough to put my skin back to normal, my skin would only tolerate this Nivea. I used it for a week and little by little my skin went back to normal and I could return to my regular moisturizer. So I always have a small box at hand of this Nivea.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

Back in my days when I used to run daily throughout the Minnesota Winter I would apply the Nivea Creme, or Vaseline, to my face to prevent it from becoming chapped on days when it was below zero. This definitely helped prevent my skin from becoming super dry, although at the end of the run I would remove any remaining cream from my face. Nivea Creme can do a good job sealing moisture into your skin. I'm not a big fan of the fragrance they use in the Nivea Creme, it takes a long time to dissipate and it is an over the top floral scent. The formula for Nivea Creme is about as basic as it gets, doesn't include any antioxidants or beneficial ingredients. My other warning is if you have acne prone skin be careful if you apply this to your face because almost all of the ingredients can cause trigger breakouts. I won't use this for my face but when my hands or cuticles get very dry in the winter I use this. My video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UeqNBmxNFvw"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UeqNBmxNFvw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

This creme is just amazing. I have combination to dry skin and I use this as a facial moisturizer at night. I see a lot of people complain that it breaks them out. What you need to know is that the formula of this product is actually resistant to bacteria, meaning you cannot actually &quot;contaminate&quot; your jar by putting your fingers in there. It should also be used carefully as a last step in your skin care routine and not as your main moisturizer. This creme is made to seal in moisture along with anything else you've put on your skin before it. Nivea itself cannot break you out, maybe you've touched your face with dirty hands or not removed your makeup well enough before hand, and that bacteria then gets trapped in your pores by the Nivea and breaks you out, but it is NOT the creme itself that causes acne. I use this in fairly small amounts on the face only at night warmed up with my fingers and mixed in with a couple of drops of argan oil. It works wonders - especially during the harsh Canadian winters. I wake up with glowing plump skin, will keep using this for the rest of my life. This also makes for a fantastic hand and body cream. I use the German version sold in Canada if anyone is wondering. At 1.49$ for a small 1oz tin, I don't see a reason as to why just about anyone shouldn't give it a shot. The fragrance is wonderful. I grew up watching my grandmother, mother, aunt AND even my father all use this religiously (to this day my 92 year old grandmother uses this creme and looks like she is in her 60's). I wish they sold this in jumbo bucket sizes, if I could, I would dive right in!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

A nice cream, classic formula from the same labs making La Prairie! Surprised? Go fetch.... ????

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

From love it to Im so in love with it

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This is for the German version, now sold in all pharmacies in Malaysia.I tried the Thai version 3 years ago and hated it. About 4 months ago since I was placed under Roaccutane/Isotretinoin by my dermatologist and had a horrible time trying to find a good moisturizer. My usual Meishoku Cercaolla Gel - which had ceramides just wasn't enough for me and I *loathed* Cetaphil's Moisturing Cream which came highly raved about for those under roaccutane as well. Cue German formulated Nivea Creme, I wandered into the pharmacy near my uni one day and found it! I swear it must have been fate or something because I wanted to try the German made one forever but SmallFlower's international shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous. The formula is thick and heavy, its very basic but very moisturizing. Maybe I'll try La Mer someday just for comparison's sake but for my 20 year old self; Nivea creme is more than enough.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBlack

2 years ago

Love this stuff. It is thick and you have to work it into your skin but it works wonders for my dry feet and elbows. I use it in the winter all over. I feel it not onlymoisturizes but also holds moisture in and makes a barrier against dryness, and smells nice.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2 years ago

One of the best creams on the market. I live in Europe and I have used the cream that comes in a tin package. It is a good all over the body cream, all year round. I use it after the sun exposure and it helps prolong the tan, I use it at night in the winter and it really softens my skin. Also the fragrance is great and it brings back a lot of lovely memories from when I was a child and my mom and my grandmother had Nivea Creme on their night stand and when they used it, they gave me a very small amount on my tiny hands and it felt very luxurious. Even if I try other lotions and creams, I always come back to this.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I recently returned to this product on a whim as I was using La Roche Posay Toleriane and felt that this offered much of the same promises. I purchased the German formulation in the metal tin. I use it at night by applying it over Rosehip Oil. I start by cleansing my face and leaving it slightly damp. I then apply a few drops of Rosehip Oil and allow that to settle for about 5 minutes. After this I apply about a pea sized amount of Nivea cream. I also apply the same regime to my hands and feet every night. In the morning I wipe my face over with a moistened makeup removing cloth and then apply my primer and makeup. There is a reason why these products have been around so long. I am 52 and my skin is soft and radiant. Nivea is so cheap and it just works. I used to believe that mature women need to purchase the high end products to get results. I was a long time user of Cosmedix, Results RX, La Roche Posay, etc... A year ago I gave up retinol products, but stuck with a strict sunscreen regime along with botox every three months in the crows and frown lines. Nivea is one of those companies that releases a lot of new products lately, but their old school lines are fantastic. It should be said that Nivea cream does tend to sit on the skin a bit and make you look like a glow worm, but in the morning, it has all absorbed. It lasts ages too.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I love this stuff! I love the scent, I love how soothing it feels to smooth it onto my skin, I love how well it moisturizes!!! It is a holy grail moisturizer for me. I don’t use it every night because it is SO thick but I like to use it most nights. I use a lighter moisturizer for day use. Highly recommend as an affordable, practical, and functional moisturizer for face and body!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm