3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

12 days ago

I saw recs for this product and decided to try it for my combi- oily skin. The price point was great and the Color matched . However on the face , I feel that the powder is a little rough , it does not feel luxurious. The shade also looks a tinge grey. It does work as a good powder without looking too thick. The packaging is also not too convenient to use .

About reviewer (541 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

2.0

12 days ago

I bought this powder because it's kind of a classic for those hoping to keep their skin from getting shiny. Since a lot of people had success with it, I thought I'd give it a try. The price is great with this powder and it's easily accessible. However, I just found it to be okay. I found the scent to be a bit strong and chemically and I didnt find this powder really did any better than most other powders I've used. Furthermore, I found the packaging to feel a bit flimsy and my powder kept developing hard pan that I had to scrape off. When I touched up with powder midday, it also looked quite cakey and I could visibly see powder sitting on my skin. I didn't finish this powder up and I don't think I'll repurchase. I've since had better luck with Maybelline Fit Me loose setting powder and I would also consider going back to Essence All About Matte before this product. This product does seem to work really well for some but for me, it just didn't do what I had hoped.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 months ago

This is an okay powder on my oily face. I don't think there's anything special about it. However, when used to set ans bake my super oily eyelids (after using primer), it does a great job! The packaging is sh*it, breaks so easily and quite thick compared to the actual product. I end up scraping it and put it in a smaller container. Will buy it again.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

EyesBlack

2.0
from

6 months ago

I got the lightest color, so maybe that is why this looks very chalky on me, even if I spend time buffing it in. I didn’t notice any matifying effect either. The packaging is cheap. I hear so many people say it’s so great, and it’s listed online in lots of places as a makeup artist favorite....but I should know by now, the industry is behind a lot of those types of reviews. The best drugstore pressed powder is L’Oréal Infallible. I barely even need to touch it up, even on hot days. Maybe I’ll try this again someday in the next darkest color. There should be a “maybe” option on “Would you buy it again?”

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

1.0

6 months ago

I have pretty much nothing good to say about this powder except its cheap i wear foundation and concealer, but a very light amount and since i ran out of my banana powder I've been using this. My t-zone is very oily and i expected this to keep it matte for at least a few hours. My t-zone gets extremely shiny within 1 hour and reapplying the powder only makes me look cakey and pasty The flashback on this is awful. It's been a struggle to get decent pictures because this powder does me absolutely no justice. My skin looks rough and I've been using a light amount just brushed over my face to set it, and all it does is make my skin look patchy whereas the banana powder made it look very smooth and perfect. The packaging breaks too easily, I've had this powder for 2 weeks now and I've already cracked the sides. I used this powder once before when I had just started wearing makeup when i was 13 and had the exact same problem This powder is awful, you're genuinely better off buying anything else but this, it does no justice.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Tan

EyesBlack

9 months ago

This setting powder helps my foundation last longer as well as my under-eye concealer. It also does an okay job controlling my oily t-zone. I've repurchased it over the years because it's cheap and does the job.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

I don't really like matte make-up, but this sets my undereyes super nicely. It doesn't look cakey at all and makes my concealer last all day. Don't really like the packaging, but it's good value anyway.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

a year ago

It is an okay powder. I don't think that it does much to help makeup last longer but I like to smack this over my face just to blend everything together. Also doesn't make my face itch, break out or feel dry which is always appreciated. It is extremely sheer too so it doesn't matter which shade you pick up. I like the smell, it is very makeupy but comforting. I will finish my current compact and be on the lookout for another powder, I do see myself going back to this one if I can't find any better ones though!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

a year ago

First, when I got it (which was about 2 years ago ), I was so in love with it, and I used it so often that I hit pan after a couple of months (haha) But then all of a sudden it fell off the table and broke in pieces…back then I hadn’t tried out so many products as I do now because of my job... Anyway, we all know that the packaging is simple but not really protective as it’s a plastic compact and it can break easily… When I repurchased it, I noticed some things which I didn’t see back then or had the knowledge about it... It is a fantastic powder if you’re setting the foundation and keeps it matte! With my combo skin, I have no problems with the powder as it controls the oil during the day so, I can apply it in the morning, and it will stay put all day – that’s what I want! The negative point is that I don’t like it to set my undereye or on top of the eyelids! I noticed that it’s too thick. I can see the little powder particles which I don’t see if I use a translucent loose powder so, I don’t use it for that, but I use it for the rest of my face! I love to apply it with a big powder brush and press it into the skin and then give it some time to melt into the foundation and it will leave a beautiful finish! – If you don’t have the time to let it settle with the foundation, you can use setting spray on top ???? https://youtu.be/VNKnFnP9eI8

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

a year ago

One of the best pressed powder from drugstore.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35