3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I love this powder to set my foundation & concealer. It's so smooth my skin is very oily and I have to blot throughout the day but that's normal for me. The packaging is terrible but that's ok because I don't travel with it. I use sandstorm but it doesn't give off any color it's perfect.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I will never ever ever ever be looking for another compact powder. That's it

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Hi MUA, .... UPDATE JULY 5, 2018.. FOR THOSE PEOPLE, RESPECTFULLY HAVING A MESSY HATE FOR THIS PRIMER, IT'S OK! PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR HELP. MUA IS A PLACE WHERE U CAN ALSO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEED ASSISTANCE! I BELIEVE TO NEVER LEAVE SOMEONE HIGH & DRY! FIND IT IN UR HEART TO HELP THEM! IT'S OK TO DISAGREE, BUT PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN HELP FIX, MAYBE THE SMALLEST PROBLEM! Please Don't Feel Bad Or Like An Idiot Who Doesn't Get It. UR NOT! We CAN EMPOWER Other's, Respectfully! ???? This product has been my favorite and go to pressed powder for years. I don't have a clue why I haven't wrote a review on it yet! My apologies! Review: Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested. It also has natural minerals. It gives me up to 8 hours of natural shine control, on a bad day. To me it's gives my skin a soft airbrushed, blurred look. It lasted in the heat and humidity and the sweat. It's matte, but it gives you a glow which is important for women 40+. This powder is well pressed into the actual "well", there's no mess in applying it at all, whether you use a sponge, the puff, or a brush! It doesn't turn your face a different color, (no oxidation at all), or settle in fine lines or wrinkles. I get a lot of compliments on what beautiful skin I have! Amazing! It seems to last forever and for the price and accessibility, you no way can go wrong! It's a dupe for MAC, but only better quality! I said it! It's a high quality product, in a drugstore or outlet store..better than ANY other pressed powder out there, Clinique, Two-faced, Bobby Brown.. ECT! Forget about it! Yes, I do recommend it, will continue to recommend it and I will always purchase THIS powder over any other! Ingredients: Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007). FOR BEST RESULTS: Press it into your skin first. For undereyes, stipple it on or use a Kabuki brush. Use a clean brush to gently get any excess off. SO.... It doesn't have a mirror, it has a screw on lid. Hmmm. Compared to My Ultimate Happiness On Price & Performance, I Will Survive! It's NOT that big of a deal to carry a small mirror on you. L Hope This Helps! ❤️

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I was a Bobbi Brown sheer finish pressed powder loyal fan for 10 years. Due to the rising costs of the Bobbi Brown products I seeked a more economical option for daily use. Thats when I came across the Rimmel stay matte powder. It is a great daily substitute to the Bobbi brown sheer finish pressed powder & has a good matte finish. It is not heavyweight on the face but gives a good even tone coverage & sets in my clinique foundation well.I will highly recommend this product & I will be buying again. The packaging is not fancy & it does not include a powder sponge or brush or a mirror. I use my Bobbi Brown powder sponge with it. The price is good for a great product. I used Bobbi Brown Sheer finish pressed powder in number 6 which matched my skin tone & I found the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder in sandstorm to be comparable & matches my skin tone well. I love that the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder is so widely available compared to Bobbi Brown products, it can even be found in pharmacies.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

2 years ago

Absolutely love the powder in the shade Translucent to set under my eye, it is very finely milled and locks in my concealer all day. It is also very smooth on the rest of my face to set my foundation which is a big tick for me especially with such oily skin. I will say the packaging is very cheap, it has shattered on me (fortunately I was almost out) before but for the price, you cannot beat this product, I will continue to repurchase this powder forever!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

Loveeeeeeeee this it’s so oil absorbing without drying the skin. I also find that if my foundation and concealer on top looks cakey if I use a beauty blender and push the powder into the skin it takes some of the cakeyness off some how!? A lot of the time when I do a full face with no eye I use this to put on the eye so your ye has a colour and is matte so you don’t look like a panda

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I have combo leaning towards oily skin and this is 110% my go to powder when applying make up - even over Laura Mercier! Every loose powder I have tried has made me look too powdery, caked, oxidized, or enhanced my texture. I really tried hard to make a lot of my high end powders work because I found it hard to believe a drug store product would be my holy grail over a $40 powder. The way I apply this is with a light dabbing over my undereyes and T-zone. Then I reapply a second light layer to my T-zone to conceal my larger pores. It’s important to go in with a light hand and build coverage. I pack in product until I’m happy with the texture of my T-zone. I have to agree the packaging isn’t the most luxurious, but the product works and the price is unbelievably good. I have two of these waiting to be used, one that stays on my vanity, and one that stays in my purse. I stay matte for a good portion of the day and rarely have to do touch ups during an 8 hour work day. If I know I need to go somewhere after work, I have to blot up the excess oil before I reapply this or it can cake up. To me, that isn’t a deal breaker (or lippie reduction) as most of the powders I have tried cake up if the extra oil isn’t removed (the curse of oily skin). Still on the hunt for the perfect, purse blotting powder!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

2 years ago

Absolutely love this powder, repurchased it on so many occasions. It's so cheap and it does everything a powder should do - mattifies, lasts long. I even use it under my eyes to set the concealer. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging- the lid easily breaks. Apart from that it's all good!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This is really good for your money's worth. This keeps me matte for around the 4-5 hour mark that it promises you. No flashback. I've used this on top of multiple foundations and I've never found that it cakes up. I also use this to set my eyelid primer so it don't crease.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

It's ok, makes my skin mattte for about 5-6 hours without touch ups, but it does not minimize the appearence of pores as much. In some dryer areas can exagerate texture, so use it only in places, were you getting oily or use a good hydrating primer. One star deducted for the fragile packaging. Will use this up, but next time I'll probably try something else. I think, this powder will work only on people with oily skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18