RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).

First, when I got it (which was about 2 years ago ), I was so in love with it, and I used it so often that I hit pan after a couple of months (haha) But then all of a sudden it fell off the table and broke in pieces…back then I hadn’t tried out so many products as I do now because of my job...

Anyway, we all know that the packaging is simple but not really protective as it’s a plastic compact and it can break easily…

When I repurchased it, I noticed some things which I didn’t see back then or had the knowledge about it...

It is a fantastic powder if you’re setting the foundation and keeps it matte! With my combo skin, I have no problems with the powder as it controls the oil during the day so, I can apply it in the morning, and it will stay put all day – that’s what I want!

The negative point is that I don’t like it to set my undereye or on top of the eyelids! I noticed that it’s too thick. I can see the little powder particles which I don’t see if I use a translucent loose powder so, I don’t use it for that, but I use it for the rest of my face!

I love to apply it with a big powder brush and press it into the skin and then give it some time to melt into the foundation and it will leave a beautiful finish! – If you don’t have the time to let it settle with the foundation, you can use setting spray on top 😊

on 4/6/2019 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best pressed powder from drugstore.

on 3/4/2019 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My HG powder. For context, I do not wear foundation (only undereye concealer) but use this instead as foundation.

Pros:
- Cannot beat the price (usually around $4)
- Buildable coverage
- Natural finish

Cons:
- Packaging can be an issue, mostly because i have cracked the lid so many times by stepping on it. However, if I didn't leave my makeup on the floor this would NOT be a problem.

It's an ok powder. I bought it after hearing so many goods things from a lot of youtube gurus but I can't say I am impressed. My skin turns greasy too soon usually within an hour but not to an excessive extent. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

OK powder, doesn't keep me matte for long. Not bad but not that good either.

If you are NC35 like me and would like to give this a try, I recommend 005 Silky beige

on 11/1/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Doesn't keep me matte at all, and somehow my face is slightly tacky after using this powder? Looks contradicting but seems like this powder would be more suitable for drier skin types

on 10/31/2018 10:52:00 PM

This is the most amazingggggg powder ever!! I cant believe i missed out on this for so long. I was scrolling through and found this was Rimmel`s best seller. So I had to try. I got the shade "Sandstorm", the second lightest shade in the drug store(after "Peach blossom") and 5 other darker colors available. For ref i'm NC 37 and on checking google search, i was advised to try "Silky beige" or "Nude beige" for my skin tone. "Silky beige" seemed dark and oxidized real fast."Nude beige " was not available. The sales person also advised to purchase Sandstorm as she felt Silky beige had pink undertones. So nice of her to help out!! hehehe.. And i liked the desert -like name! I do buy makeup based on catchy names!!! Guilty!!!! The product was on sale and the huge price drop was another reason to spend. I have to say this is the most awesome powder ever and beats a lot of high end brands . The powder stayed matte and for some reason my pores seem to disappear!! There was no oily film but i did blot my face to look fresh. No touch up!! It lasted the whole day & even after time to leave the office . I love this product so much. This is def going to be my HG from now on. What i didn't like is the plastic packaging. This might not hold up for travels. Just sayin'. The flimsy plastic pan might just crack. But for the price i'm paying and the quality i'm really not complaining. And for that insane low price i might just keep 1 at the office, home and travel kit!! Recommend? YES BUY!!!

Edit:
My pan fell twice but the cake stayed put. The lid had some cracks but the pan was fine.

on 10/28/2018 2:58:00 PM

Just an ordinary powder, cheap and does an okay job. That's it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim , thinking it would just be alright or a good "throw in my bag just in case" powder.

However this powder has quickly turned into my holy grail. I have repurchased it 2 times and will repurchase for many years to come.
It is very mattifying, stays put and doesn't look cakey. It looks very natural and doesn't pill up , which sometimes happens with powder for me personally. I love this powder and it really takes the oil and shine away for about 8 hours.
The only thing I don't love is the packaging, i wish it was a bit sturdier, but because the product is so great , I look past it.
Definitely try it , it is fantastic and very affordable.

Not my favorite powder but would repurchase if just topping over just my foundation to set it or maybe tone down shine, it's very light coverage alone.