Redken All Soft Shampoo

Redken All Soft Shampoo
Redken All Soft Shampoo 300mlEnter TitleAll Soft Shampoo

3.9

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Sodium Glycolate, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Argania Spinosa kernel Oil, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 17200 (Red 33).

on 9/7/2018 8:37:00 AM

I have never bought a shampoo/conditioner as a result of a sample. I would normally use the sample, then never think of it again, and then there was Redken All Soft...

This past Monday I used the sample without any thought or attention to what it was I was using, I've been using up all my travel sizes and samples for a few weeks now, and this was the 2nd to last sample I had left. The first day experience I thought it was nice, but nothing amazing, but it was Day 2 that sold me... my hair was still beautifully clean, not tangled, not dry and very soft. SOLD. At the first opportunity I went to the haircare shop and bought both the shampoo and conditioner.

For reference my hair is wavy, frizzy, oily roots and dry, split ends.

I have an unusual scalp, very greasy after one day and severely dry hair otherwise. I don’t think you can judge this shampoo after a few times use, my hair gradually got better, my scalp as well. Had I judged it after using it twice then I’d say my hair was soft and smelled nice, but it didn’t do anything for my greasy scalp. However after long term use my scalp just felt better and better. I recently had to switch to Maria nila since I ran out and now I realize how much I liked my redken all soft!! I think this shampoo is amazing 😊

on 4/26/2018 6:16:00 AM

I have used this shampoo three times. I had huge expectations for it given all the reviews and don’t get me wrong - this is a good shampoo but I am a bit underwhelmed with the whole line as it is not as hydrating as I expected. But back to the shampoo:

I shampoo my hair twice every wash. This shampoo has a lovely texture and scent. It lathers a lot and it is nice to work with. It feels luxurious and the best thing is - it doesn’t make my roots any oilier than any other shampoo, even volumizing shampoos (still need to wash every other day though). The big con is that it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and knotty after rinsing it off, and a bit frizzy when dry. Not what I expected of a shampoo named ”all soft”. After shampooing I use the conditioner or the mask from the same line (review coming soon). My hair isn’t softer than usual and it doesn’t look or feel better/healthier than before.

4 lippies for the beautiful packaging, the scent, the texture and for not making my roots oilier than usual. I will probably not repurchase though.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This shampoo weighs down my hair and leaves a residue over time, which looks greasy. I also suspect it irritates my scalp a bit, as I get some flakiness after a few uses. I've used this on and off for a few weeks at a time, and I always end up going back to something else.

I tried to use this up when I wash my bangs in the sink between hair washes, but it just weighs my hair down too much, and it makes it seem too dull.

The bottle is also annoying, the shape makes it hard to control how much can be squeezed out, and the lid is so small that if you want to store it upside down, it topples over easily.

on 4/10/2018 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I always thought I had an oily scalp. These days I think I'm just allergic to some shampoos. Haven't figured out which but with some shampoos I can wash my hair twice a week and with some I'm a greasy mess after 24 hours. This one, unfortunately, is one of the latter ones.
And my hair doesn't feel clean. I think its because the shampoo contains too many conditioning materials. It stays on the hair instead of cleaning it. I don't even need a conditioner when I use this (I have naturally straight thin hair. For coarser, drier hair I wouldn't recommend that).
All in all, for me this did as well as a shampoo a third of the price so I won't repurchase. But for someone with dry, coarse hair and a dry scalp, I see how this could be a good ahampoo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first ever Redken shampoo that doesn't mess with my scalp. No dryness, no flakiness, no eczema - perfect for daily (I wash my hair every other day) use.
I like the scent, I love how it lathers. I don't notice my hair to be softer, I don't really need that, but it seems to be moisturizing without making my roots greasy, yet it's impossible to brush through the hair without a conditioner.
After a miserable failure of Sulfate Free Shampoos on my hair I've very happy to discover that easily available Redken All Soft gives me everything I need the most days. I only struggle when I need to do some out of the shower hair treatment that requires washing the hair and brushing it wet without using any other product.

on 12/18/2017 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really loved the Smooth Lock line but that seems to have been discontinued. The All Soft line is good, It is very moisturizing on my dry, heat styled, highlighted blonde, and natural (dry!)gray hair. The shampoo smells nice and leave my hair soft and fairly tangle free. I have been alternating with the Extreme shampoo and conditioners and that seems to have helped my hair a lot. I also do an Aphogee 2 step TX and use Olaplex about every 4-6 weeks.

on 11/19/2017 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This has been my go-to for a few years now, not sure why I didn't think of writing a review before! The All Soft shampoo is the best of the Redken line and the only one that's actually worth the price (their conditioners are lackluster to terrible). They reformulated this awhile back but it's still great if a bit different. It's a very gentle shampoo, leaves my hair feeling clean and soft, and it has a nice scent.

Edit: did they reformulate it again? Bought a new bottle and this newest one is leaving my hair in greasy clumps. Ugh.

on 5/26/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have not ever tried the older formula of this shampoo from Redken, All Soft. My review is based on the current one in store, which has argan oil in it. I feel like this works really well for my dry, thick, and coarse hair. The scent is a pleasure, and my hair doesn't feel dry or heavy after using this shampoo. If anything, it feels really soft. I really enjoy this shampoo and I would use it again.

on 10/1/2016 1:32:00 AM

Only 3 lippies as this makes my dry/processed hair feel lovely, soft and nourished. And, it stays looking smooth & nice for days. However, I left it on for longer than usual, on my last wash, and it has made my head itch like mad.
An expensive, but very good conditioner for dry & damaged hair, as long as you aren't sensitive to SLS. Sadly my search for that HG conditioner continues. :(