Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/16/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Ulta because of all the rave reviews. I am really impressed with this eyeshadow primer and absolutely worth the hype! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+ hours and the Lancome eyeshadow primer I had used for several years only lasted me 8 hours. I bought this in the mini size and will for sure buy this in the full size. Love it!!!!!

on 1/5/2018 3:26:00 PM

This eyeshadow primer is AMAZING! I can't live without it. I don't wear it daily, when I'm going for a lighter makeup look with little or no eyeshadow. But if I'm doing a full face makeup, this is the cat's meow. It has literally never creased on me. Even on nights when I fall asleep without washing off my makeup (it's not that often, but happens... ooops!) my eye makeup still looks flawless and creaseless in the morning, which is unbelievable.

I understand that people don't like the packaging with the wand. I love this so much and since I was moving overseas, I bought a couple of tubes at the same time and because you only need a tiny bit of product each time, one tube has lasted me for at least two years and still going. It's not dried out or anything. And I still have a full, unopened squeeze tube.

I do think that the wand is stupid and UB should go back to the squeeze tube design. It's much more sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. But regardless, if I ran out of this, I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/8/2017 12:30:00 PM

I have yet to find a dupe of this primer; but for now, I'm gonna keep buying it because it makes everything else I put on my eyes last longer + makes colors more vivid.

on 1/23/2017 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily eyelid, hooded eyes and sensitive watery eyes. I'm forever in search of a primer that allows me to use eyeshadow. Already tried TheBalm, Smashbox and Nars. All of them failed and UDPP is yet another disappointment.

It applies smoothly and dries very fast, which is great. That is that. It makes blending difficult, which i thought was because the primer was securing the eyeshadow that much. No luck for me.

With the other primers, the eyeshadow creases. UDPP (original) goes a step down. It creases and forms a goop mess that makes me feel like there is even more oil in my lid.

Still searching.

Update 02.09.2017: Didn't say before but i find it expensive for the amount of primer. I hate the wand package in anything. Give me a squeeze tube and I am happy.

I treated an eye skin condition and after it i used the primer again. No more goop, but it still didn't hold the eyeshadow that good in my more hooded eyes (I have different hoodiness in each eyes😂). By the end of the day, i had uneven colors, with the less hooded eye having more intense color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My second review goes out to Urban Decay!

I invested in the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and never will go back. It's completely worth the investment if you want to keep your eyeshadow looking fresh all day. Why put in all the time and effort in the morning if it's just going to wear off after a couple hours?

My only tip for this primer is to make sure that you warm it up between your fingers before application. Sometimes if I don't do so, the primer gets a little blotchy once it dries. However, it's nothing too major since the eyeshadow covers it up anyway.

Since you only need the tiniest amount of primer with each application, it'll last you a couple years at the least. It's definitely worth the money!

on 12/22/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to eyeshadow primer, the most crease resistant of the ones I've tried. The texture is a bit thick and sticky which can make blending a little bit harder as it tends to really grab onto shadows, but you can always lay down a lighter shade first. I have oily lids and a deep crease/hood and though I still get occasionaly creasing depending on the eyeshadow formula and weather, most of the time I'm really pleased with how this holds up on me. I've purchased many tubes of primer potion, I think the squeeze bottle with the fine nozzle was my favourite packaging, but the current squeeze tube with wand is okay - better than the old rigid tube with wand for sure but I don't really feel the doe foot is necessary personally. As a side note, I have also tried samples of the anti aging, sin, and eden versions and found them all inferior to the original, for my personal tastes (anti aging reminded me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance so if you like one you may like the other, but neither had the staying power of the original primer potion for me; sin creased horribly; and eden somehow managed to be both dryer and more crease prone than the original). The original primer potion is a classic for a reason!

I have been using this eyeshadow primer for years and it's my favourite. I've tried a couple of other brands, if I received a sample or trial size, and none of them are quite as effective as Urban Decay's. It keeps my eyeshadows and eyeliners put, I've only ever had minor creasing here and there the odd time. I like the packaging and the price is fitting as it does last a long time. Not to sound cheap, but once you think you are completely out of product, you can slice the packaging open (squeeze tube) and will find that you can get a few more days worth of product in there. I hope that helps someone. I'd also like to point out that I appreciate that this product was not tested on animals and contains vegan-friendly ingredients.

on 5/10/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This was my first high end eye shadow primer purchase. I snagged it for half off at Ulta during the holiday season. I had previously been using wet n wild fergie primer (I think the name is for my primas?). That had never been that great for me - felt sort of dry/irritating, was hard to blend, and was super sticky. I did use up most of the tube (took me 2 years, since I don't wear makeup everyday), but once I got this I threw the remainder out of the wet n wild (one because it was old, two because this was MUCH better). I found this to be smooth, non drying/irritating to my eyes, and easily blended in. Shadow blends seamlessly on top of it, and it has made my shadows feel even creamier and soft. Any chalkiness I though was there in my too faced and urban decay shadows went away when I began using this. I do not know how bright shadows do on this primer, as I only wear neutrals, but the neutrals look fantastic. I use so little on each eye, so I suspect this will take a long time to go through. I will re purchase if I can get it on a deal again when I need more. Overall, if you don't mind the price, I reccomend this product as it really makes shadow stay.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this but it is not spectacular, you have to blend this thoroughly with your finger to not see the neutral color. I suggest to use yours fingers instead of a brush because this is a thick formula and it just does not work with a brush you will lose product and will not blend well. If you do not blend well this product your eye shadow color will just not look well put. Although the eye shadows stay like a dream. I feel that there are other eye primers out there that do the same job and they are very easy to apply.

on 2/23/2016 12:19:00 AM

Love - I like to wear dark purple eyeshadow at night. Every time I did it either had fall out, smudged or creased. I used UD eye primer and it honestly worked like magic. The pigment stuck on my eyelid all night and did not move an inch! Best primer!!!!