Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

NEW 2010 FORMULA: Glycerin (vegetable derived), Purified Water (Aqua), Acrylamide/Ammonium acrylate copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Polyisobutene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Potassium Sorbate

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is magical and well worth all of the hype, IMHO. It has an interesting consistency in that it is less glue-like than most other glitter primers on the market, but it does still have some tackiness to it to make loose shadows and glitters stick to the lid (or wherever else you plan on applying it.) It also doesn't feel heavy or goopy once it is dried, as some other glitter primers I have tried tend to do. It has no scent, and though it is cloudy in the tube, it goes on clear. I highly recommend this for fans of loose powder shadows and glitter lovers everywhere.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is wonderful. It makes a dramatic difference in the way my eyeshadow looks. I haven't tried it with matte shadows, as they suggest to really only use metallic/glitter/satin, but it's just amazing. I also like to dip my brush in it and then into glitter and make it an eyeliner. My eyeshadow stays vibrant and in place all day. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a must have for loose shadows, or those with duochrome effects in general. It's not an eye primer but a base- you apply it atop your base to enhance color and application. I like ELF glitter eye primer for more muted effects and this for when I want my duos to be in your face.

I do find that it has a learning curve to get used to apply it- it's sticky even before it gets tacky enough to pat your shadows on. You have to work quickly or it won't stick at all, so I'd definitely apply one eye at a time. It also doesn't help with blending. If you want to blend your lid shadow out, you'd have to apply a little bit out and blend that before packing the lid post-applying PE. A final word of caution is that it doesn't like mattes that much. I've used them with it and they got clumpy on the base. But most people won't be using it for that purpose anyway. Once you get it to work with you, it is an amazing product and worth the hype. If you're unsure of it, you can always buy a trial size that goes a long way.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Eyeshadows are my favourite kind of make up. Hell, they are my go-to artistic outlet. When you 're so into textures, tones, effects and combinations you tend to feel a bit like an alchemist, like a crazy kind of genius. I sometimes kinda see my self like that.. experimenting and laughing out loud manically (muhahaha!!!). You like eyeshadows, too..don't you? Well, friend, I can personally guarantee (for what it's worth) that this little thing will step up your eyeshadow game. This silicony sticky jelly will help you pack colours and glitter like nobody's bussiness. Ahem, I know that packing glitter is not your main concearn, but I'm just sayin' in case of an impromptu eye-glitter-needing situation pixie epoxy in your stash will tottally save you.. For the rest-non glitter(kinda boring)-days, revive your love of "colour with an impact" with pixie epoxy. The only downside is that being the crazy-ass primer it is, it sometimes won't work well with matte colours..Yeah I know, bummer, but it (pixie epoxy, I swear it does) considers them kind of square.
If you look at swatches of eyeshadows over this on the internet the difference is like WOW. Plus, it is quite impossible to smudge the eyeshadow and it even makes the shimmer particles to stay in place. And above them all? Pixie epoxy will tottally make your duochrome eyeshadows werk dem duochromes, alright? I would drop the mike if I had one in my hand.. For dramatical purposes only just picture this in your head. Thank you.

on 8/10/2013 12:19:00 PM

The only thing i have to say about this is that it makes mineral e/s pop out more. I have some samples from mineral e/s and i have to say that i hate loose e/s's! I should just press them but i've been too lazy to do that. But back to the pixie epoxy. It's mostly glycerin so perhaps glycerin from pharmacy would work too? But pixie epoxy is not that expensive and only a little bit is enough. Once i ran out of this i'm not buying more.

on 8/3/2013 7:16:00 PM

Holy sh*t, I have asian monolid eyes, after applying a very thin layer of this, not only does the color pop, but also my shimmer eyeshadow would stay for 12 hours without creasing! This has NEVER happened before! Now do yourself a favour and get one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pixie Epoxy is one amazing little product. While it does take a bit of mastery to use, it will make colors come out of your shadows that you didn't even realize were there! Applying this over the while lid is asking for trouble, as blending over it is problematic at best. My favorite way to pat this is over my blended shadows or base, then pat the pigment on over it. Wow. Color, staying power, sparkle- standout color! It's also great to use to help shadow lining stay put either under the lash line, or anywhere they tend to move. At seven dollars its a guilt free steal. My only complaint mirrors another's, the doe foot applicator is not sanitary for sharing, so pop product on the back of your hand first. Watch your colors come Alive!!!

on 3/9/2013 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like other reviewers, I agree that there is a learning curve for Pixie Epoxy, but once mastered, this will render for eye makeup bombproof. You need the tiniest bit, basically what comes out on the applicator naturally, gently patted with a finger onto the eyelid. I wait a few seconds for it to get tacky, then press in my eyeshadows. Wiping eyeshadows on with brush or sponge-tip can create a crusty effect, so start with a light hand and apply as if "foiling". Works best with metallic powders, glitters, or loose minerals, but can make matte shadows long-lasting if applied correctly. I also use a thin line of this in the corners and under lower lashes to seal eyeliner - not pencil eyeliners, but shadows and powders used as liners. My face is oily, eyes especially, and my light eyes are also extremely photosensitive, so I tear up in bright sunlight. I have battled disappearing and running liners forever because of this, and PE has been my salvation, keeping my eye makeup neat and intact. It also enhances colors and keeps glitters in place, so a must-have for clubbing and nights out. This stuff is inexpensive, lasts forever, and Fyrinnae has beautiful shadows and powders to go with it.. Highly recommend both this product and the eyeshadows from Fyrinnae.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely will repurchase. I have probably had this tube for 1 year. I use it almost every time I do my eyes, and I still have half the tube left. What I prefer to do is blend out my look on top of a primer, and then I take a tiny dab (I just touch my finger to the wand once for each eye) and smear it around over top of the shadow that is already there. Then I gently apply the colours I really want to pop over top of the Pixie Epoxy. This way I do not have to fight with blending it, which can prove a bit difficult.

Absolute must have.

on 11/20/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I agree with all the glowing reviews. This stuff rocks.

The way I apply is to press the applicator to my finger with no more product than comes out on its own, wait a second, then pat onto my lid. You barely need any for it to work. Then PAT shadow on top - swiping from side to side runs the risk if the shadow looking ruddy. I've had terrible luck using many pressed shadows and I wouldn't use it for mattes (this is supposed to enhance the shimmer or color of unusual or shimmery colors, you don't need that for mattes). I use TFSI under it and love the combo.