Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

4.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d┬┐abeille, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, PVP, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a solid product overall that does somewhat what it claims. It isnt my absolute favorite but it works decently. Apply this where you want the glitter/product to go. I tried to put on makeup (eyeshadow) on top of this and it didn't look too good. Didn't blend well. Use your primer elsewhere then you should be happy with this.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Excellent product. Staying power is one of a kind

From sephora it is a bit expensive that is the only problem :(

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

I pretty much agree with everyone's reviews. I still mess up when applying glitter eyeshadow, but once it's on my eyelid, glitter glue ensures it stays where I put it!

on 10/24/2015 8:36:00 AM

This is my HG eye shadow primer. I've tried all the primers: Urban Decay, older Revlon products, Benefit, etc. The main problem that I had with the other brands is that they don't hold the shadow and they don't last all day!! True, GG was created for attaching glitter, however I use it under normal eye shadow and it lasts all day. When you first apply it, it has a tacky feeling, but I find it disappears once you apply eye shadow. Much, Much Better than Urban Decay's Primer Lotion!!!

on 4/15/2015 12:24:00 PM

you need to use a normal primer under this product!!! I don't know if I was just naive about this product but this will not stand alone. If you layer it on a normal eye primer it works great, otherwise it's crease city.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this to apply loose pigments. The best way I found to apply is use a light amount since a little goes a long way,apply a thin layer wherever you plan on applying your glitter or pigment in that area only. Let it sit for about 20-30 seconds to get tacky and then pat the product on top. I usually do this last since it does make blending tricky since it is so tacky. This brings out the true color of my pigments. I never have to worry about applying pigments in the morning and by lunch it's completely gone and all over my face. I think this will last me a very long time, but when I do run out I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to for loose glitters such as Mac's glitter reflects line. It's a thick cream in a tube that you apply in a thin layer to stick down any loose, glittery products.

It works great to keep glitter on the eyelid and I haven't noticed any creasing when I use this product. It works perfectly over the top of eyeshadow as well. Often I apply an eyeshadow over the entire lid and then put a layer of glitter glue and glitter on top, and that works fine.

This will keep the glitter in place all day and after initial glitter application I haven't noticed any of the glitter dropping or flaking off during the day/night.

Makes glitter a lot less intimidating to use! Would definitely buy again and again.

I love this! It's awesome with pigments and glittery eyeshadows. It makes my eyeshadow way more vibrant than just a primer alone. I don't recommend it if you're planning on doing a lot of blending though because you will make a huge mess! It works best if you wait about 30 seconds before applying your glitter/eyeshadow because it has to get tacky to really grab and hold onto the shadow. It feels kind of thick at for st but it doesn't weigh down or feel like too much once it's on my lid.

on 7/11/2014 6:55:00 AM

This has been put to the test with some badly behaved products and lasted the distance outwitting those pesky cream shadows and glitters that tend to have a migration pattern all of their own - so it is a keeper and will be a future repurchase. Easy to apply, I love these tubes with the nozzles as find them hygienic and great for dispensing just the right amount of product.

This formula is quite tacky and dries down a little but stays a bit sticky for glitter to adhere to which it does beautifully - and there's no fall out - yay! Iv'e been using this lately with Illamasqua cream pigments and loose pure pigments and they last all day true to colour and no creasing. After a few hours with these cream pigments I used to get some pretty unattractive crease lines but with glitter glue the world is right again.

Not great for powder shadow as really hard to apply but if you are using a little powder in your eye look with cream shadows it certainly gives the colour some "omph". I have tried this primer with NYX Jumbo pencils but find they still crease a little after a few hours.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I always use an eye shadow primer, but I wanted a primer specifically for very loose and/or glittery eye shadows, so this product was recommended to me by a sales associate at Sephora. This glitter glue literally lives up to its name as an actual glue for glitter. My loose/glitter shadows are more vibrant and pigmented and the glitter/shimmer stays on my eyes and in place instead of falling out onto my face when using this product. This primer lasts forever, too. I've had this product for about 2 years (I don't use this every time I apply eye makeup, only when using loose/glitter pigments) and there is still a bit of product left, plus the consistency doesn't change over time, so it stays tacky and continues to work well and will not get runny or lose its adhesiveness. I only use this for loose and glitter pigments because it's a bit too tacky for my preference to use with pressed powders, but you certainly can use this as an every day primer if desired.
The best way to use this primer, in my experience, is to apply to the area where you want the glitter or pigment to be and wait for ~30 seconds then apply the pigment, and repeat on the other eye. It is best not to wait too long or else the pigment won't adhere as well because the primer won't be as tacky when more dry on the eyelid, but it also doesn't work as well when the pigment is applied too soon after putting on the primer because the pigment will adhere more to the "wetter" areas of the eyelid and won't look consistent when finished. It's kind of tricky at first and there is a bit of science to it, but when used appropriately, this glitter glue is amazing.