Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue
Shadow Insurance - Glitter GlueShadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

4.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d¿abeille, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, PVP, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

This is one of the best glitter primers out there. It does a great job of priming my sensitive skin for glitter or pigments. It really keeps it stuck but at the same time it washes off easily. I've had allergic reactions to other eyeshadow primers before but this one I didn't have any issues with! My more detailed review video is below.

on 11/9/2016 10:30:00 AM

Let me preface this by saying that I have extremely oily lids with a bit of a hood with eyes that are watery due to allergies. People have commented that my eyes look greasy when I am not wearing makeup. Nature is really working against eye shadow on my eyes. I generally use the KVD primer but lately with the new formulation there is a little creasing. MAC paint pots, WNW, regular TF, Benefit, UD PP and others wear horribly throughout the day. I started using the Too Faced Glitter Glue about a month ago. I started at first with just pigments but then slowly started to use it for everything...

The GOOD... I have fair skin and the Glitter Glue initially feels like the regular Shadow Insurance but applies clear. I have rather fair skin and I don't know if it would be visible on darker skin. I loved how great the eye shadow held all day, I felt like the shadow wasn't going anywhere. The first time I used the product, I was almost fearful at the end of the night to try to remove it but I was please to see how easily the eye shadow is removed with makeup remover.

The BAD... The texture feels like a regular formulation but it gets slightly tacky after it is applied. I found there is a bit of learning curve with applying this because of the difference in formulation.

The UGLY... I really don't think there are drawbacks to using this eye shadow, as I don't feel it is doing any damage to my skin. It is easy to remove and doesn't require any extra force during application. I feel this wouldn't necessarily be the same for people with different eye types.

This is my new HG!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i read some of the reviews on this product, and am confused. i think folks think it's a "regular" eye primer. it's not. it's glitter glue. you apply regular primer, then your shadow, THEN pat this baby on, then pat on your glitter or your shimmery shadow. it works like a CHAMP! if i forget this, i am guaranteed to wear glitter or shimmer all over my face shortly after application, but when i use it, it's ahhhhh-mazing. i've been using the same tube for months, so i really think the price is reasonable.

on 10/27/2016 7:07:00 PM

I use this one when I want to use my colourpop shadows to give me that pop on the lid look,after I finished other part of my eye makeup,I pat this on my lids and use a round tip eye shadow brush to apply the lid color,usually the metallic Finnish ones,this way is much better than using my fingers,it make the metallic Finnish pops out like 10 times more,and no more fall out too.
I don't use straight up glitters on my eyes so I don't know how this will help on that,but I love it for a base for colourpop shadows.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a solid product overall that does somewhat what it claims. It isnt my absolute favorite but it works decently. Apply this where you want the glitter/product to go. I tried to put on makeup (eyeshadow) on top of this and it didn't look too good. Didn't blend well. Use your primer elsewhere then you should be happy with this.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Excellent product. Staying power is one of a kind

From sephora it is a bit expensive that is the only problem :(

I pretty much agree with everyone's reviews. I still mess up when applying glitter eyeshadow, but once it's on my eyelid, glitter glue ensures it stays where I put it!

on 10/24/2015 8:36:00 AM

This is my HG eye shadow primer. I've tried all the primers: Urban Decay, older Revlon products, Benefit, etc. The main problem that I had with the other brands is that they don't hold the shadow and they don't last all day!! True, GG was created for attaching glitter, however I use it under normal eye shadow and it lasts all day. When you first apply it, it has a tacky feeling, but I find it disappears once you apply eye shadow. Much, Much Better than Urban Decay's Primer Lotion!!!

on 4/15/2015 12:24:00 PM

you need to use a normal primer under this product!!! I don't know if I was just naive about this product but this will not stand alone. If you layer it on a normal eye primer it works great, otherwise it's crease city.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this to apply loose pigments. The best way I found to apply is use a light amount since a little goes a long way,apply a thin layer wherever you plan on applying your glitter or pigment in that area only. Let it sit for about 20-30 seconds to get tacky and then pat the product on top. I usually do this last since it does make blending tricky since it is so tacky. This brings out the true color of my pigments. I never have to worry about applying pigments in the morning and by lunch it's completely gone and all over my face. I think this will last me a very long time, but when I do run out I will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials