Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It seems like forever since I purchased this and I still have over half the tube left! This is always a staple before using eye m/u as it helps it glide on and stay put - in my case at least 7-8 hours. No fading, shifting or creasing. It goes on beige but vanishes/becomes transparent once applied. I don't wear eye m/u very often but when I do this is always a part of the routine. In fact I'm not sure I would be able to apply anything now without applying this first!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/3/2018 7:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Me before primer potion: lmao ok sure I’ve heard good things but my eyelids are slicker than a crooked lawyer so good luck UD Me after a sweaty, humid night at a bar with no AC, 5+ drinks, rob zombies dragula at full blast, and then the raw nerve to fall asleep with a face full of makeup: UD this is witchcraft, how am I brutally hungover but my eyes look like I just did them??? This is isn’t staying power this is LOYALTY TO MY LOOK power

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Definitely one of the best primers: really helps eye shadow go on smoothly and stay put (not the easiest of tasks to achieve). Have purchased more 'premium' brands in the past i.e Estee lauder or Lancôme but none gave me the results that this has. I can use this on a morning, apply eyeshadow and not have to touch up later in the day before a night out. That's what I call results! Would recommend to all the ladies after a decent eyeshadow primer.

on 10/13/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This potion is the grail of all makeup. I told all of my friends about this primer and continue to do so. I LOVE IT. It lasts a REALLY long time too. I had one that lasted me YEARS and I used it daily. I don't love the wand application but it's easier to use and can't really complain. Really makes my eye shadow POP and look vibrant and beautiful. Lasts a long time too. Everyone should definitely purchase this and have it in their makeup stash. It's fantastic!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The freaking best eye shadow primer. The e/s does not move all day ! I've run out of 2 tubes already.

on 8/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my first time writing a review for a product on this website. Mostly because i tend to not write reviews on products that i didn't like. BUT I HAD to write one on the much raved about Urban Decay Primer Potion. This eyelid primer is thick & even when waiting for it to dry it caused my eyeshadow to become extremely hard to blend. That's not even my biggest problem. This caused my eyelids to become incredibly itchy throughout the day. One day i had gotten some dust in my eyes so they started watering and a few tears streamed down my eyes. I was wearing this eyelid primer & since some of my tears got on my under eyes and around my nose a few minutes later i felt some itching on my under eyes and my around my nose. Once i got home and washed off my makeup i noticed i had developed a rash on my under eyes and around my nose. The Urban Decay primer potion was the only new product i was using & was probably responsible for my current rash situation. Will be returning it immediately! ELF's eyeshadow primer is much better & cheaper than the UDPP, & i will go back to using it

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Omg! This is my HG primer for the smile lines! Face primers have not worked to prevent creasing when I smile, but this eyeshadow primer really does the trick! This is mainly what I use this primer for, which is totally not what it's marketed as, but trust me, IT WORKS. I live in a hot, humid country, and this really keeps things from creasing when I'm sweaty (E.g. smile lines, eye creases, undereyes, forehead!)

Of course, it works wonderfully on the eyes too, a little really does go a long way! Will definitely repurchase once my sample size finishes! I find that this makes my shadows last longer than the primer in "Sin". Probably because it smooths out to a more even layered finish on your skin!

on 3/28/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is great, my makeup lasts ALL day when I put this on. There's not much to stay about this product, it's purely amazing and its the only primer i'd recommend to anyone.
Only issue would probably be that it's a little harder to spread I suppose, and the price is up there. But it's all definitely worth every penny!

on 12/18/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This is the review for the one in the tube.

This is the only eye primer that I've tried so far that doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and make them watery. Lorac's eye primer and NAR's eye primer both make me tear my makeup off which is unfortunate because I find that the UD primer potion leaves too much of a residue. I like how much smoother NARS' and Lorac's primers are.

My foundation always looks weird when laid on top of UD's primer potion, no matter how long I let it dry or how I set it or how little I use. Because of this, this potion is a terrible under-eye primer because it just dries in this pattern that will stay on your face. I find it harder to blend eyeshadow on top of this primer too.

The other day, I tried Jaclyn Hill's technique of just setting your concealer and foundation with powder as an eye primer and my lids did not crease at all but I do have dry skin. In fact, my eyeshadow creased MORE using UD's eye primer! The only thing is I like about this primer is that it does make your shadow pop out a little more and make the pigment stand out. My eyeshadow did get muddier throughout the day without a primer but I think I will try an eyeshadow base like NYX milk to see if it has the same effect of making my eyeshadows stand out!

on 10/15/2015 10:39:00 PM