Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 8/25/2017 1:04:00 PM

I like this and this is the best eye primer that I have tried. I don't claim that this is perfect but close to it/haven't found better. It keeps my eye shadow on almost all day( about 11hours),and makeup never creases with this.Doesn't dry out or irritate my eyelids. I use eye makeup every day,so I can really tell when something is really working. I don't like the new packagin because I think that the applicator is useless.
To reviewers who say that this makes blending tougher: Make sure you use setting powder/light eyeshadow on you entire lid after application.I've never had any blending problems.

on 8/14/2017 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went back to using this after testing several primers from other companies. I love the squeeze tube. You need just the tiniest amount to cover the lid. Once applied it dries down and feels very smooth (silicones). I always set the area with some translucent powder before applying shadow. This is an important step to further prep the lid and I've noticed that it makes a big different. With this step, the shadow does not grab onto any patches, goes on more smoothly, and seems to last longer. I wear this almost every day and a small tube lasts me several months. Overall, this is my favorite eyeshadow primer and I will continue to repurchase.

I like how this primer applies smoothly on the eyelid . It allows your eyeshadow to look beautiful for hours, but once I got the 6 -7 hr mark it can start to crease a bit . I'm happy that it comes in a smaller size and that it's now paraben free.

on 6/14/2017 4:22:00 AM

I loved it!

on 12/22/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to eyeshadow primer, the most crease resistant of the ones I've tried. The texture is a bit thick and sticky which can make blending a little bit harder as it tends to really grab onto shadows, but you can always lay down a lighter shade first. I have oily lids and a deep crease/hood and though I still get occasionaly creasing depending on the eyeshadow formula and weather, most of the time I'm really pleased with how this holds up on me. I've purchased many tubes of primer potion, I think the squeeze bottle with the fine nozzle was my favourite packaging, but the current squeeze tube with wand is okay - better than the old rigid tube with wand for sure but I don't really feel the doe foot is necessary personally. As a side note, I have also tried samples of the anti aging, sin, and eden versions and found them all inferior to the original, for my personal tastes (anti aging reminded me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance so if you like one you may like the other, but neither had the staying power of the original primer potion for me; sin creased horribly; and eden somehow managed to be both dryer and more crease prone than the original). The original primer potion is a classic for a reason!

This a staple in my makeup kit. It's an eye shadow primer that works.

I tend to purchase the smaller, travel size because I don't use eyeshadow every day and usually just use this for eyeliner. You don't need a huge amount either, just a dot rubbed between your fingers is good enough.

It has a beige-y tone to it so it neutralizes my veiny eyelids, which is nice for me. Sometimes if I put on a little too much it makes my eyes seem a little too white, so I have to go over it with a little eyeshadow so it doesn't look to weird.

Makes my eye shadow so much richer and brighter. It adds no color to any of my looks, which I like a lot. In addition, my makeup tends to last a longer throughout the day.

I like purchase only a certain few products that I know work pretty well and this one is definitely something I tend to go back to as a staple.

on 6/1/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only primer i have try. Very expensive but a little goes a long way. I have oily eye lids. This is great and prevent creasing and smudging . But i felt using it daily will cause dryness to my eyes. Lids is still oily but skin felt very tight. Not sure if this make any sense. Will look for other cheaper brands

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Omg! This is my HG primer for the smile lines! Face primers have not worked to prevent creasing when I smile, but this eyeshadow primer really does the trick! This is mainly what I use this primer for, which is totally not what it's marketed as, but trust me, IT WORKS. I live in a hot, humid country, and this really keeps things from creasing when I'm sweaty (E.g. smile lines, eye creases, undereyes, forehead!)

Of course, it works wonderfully on the eyes too, a little really does go a long way! Will definitely repurchase once my sample size finishes! I find that this makes my shadows last longer than the primer in "Sin". Probably because it smooths out to a more even layered finish on your skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product works really well- my eye shadows stay on much longer than with any other product or without. You don't need to use a lot either, which is great!