Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/5/2018 3:28:00 AM

This is one of my must have items! I've been using this for many years and never wear eye shadow without using this first. Even my 11 year old daughter was playing dress up with use friend and I heard her holler "stop you can't put eye shadow on until you put Urban decay prime shadow on" lol. A full sized tube is 22–24 dollars depending on which variant you pick. The price is a good value for the amount in tube vs the tiny amount needed to each lid. If that is more than like to spend, the mini version is half the price and still a lot of product. Why is this a must have for me? Because when I apply this prior to shadow, it takes my eye shadow game to the next level. It gives me a primed surface that gives me a smooth blurred lid for optimal shadow application. It enhances the color worn, helping my eye-shadow be the most vibrant and bold color it can. It keeps my shadow from ever creasing or fading and holds true to that just applied look for up to 24 hours. It goes on easily, taking a small amount and dabbing it over my entire lid. It dries quickly and I've never had it have any negative effect to my shadow application. I have this in original (sheer nude) anti aging, skin (pale nude shimmer) eden (matte nude) and freebase (white). I wear them all and rotate thru them depending on the look I am going for. My only complaint is I prefer the old style to this new doe foot applicator but its not a negative about the product as much as me not liking changes. I recommend this to everyone. I don't understand how or why people wear eye shadow without priming for optimal wear each time

One of the few MU products I keep repeatedly buying (I’m always BOLO for the next newest greatest thing—I like trying new products!) I’m stuck between this & MAC 24H primer both are equally awesome & UD is a couple dollars cheaper & they don’t test although their parent company does. UDPP makes my e/s & liner stay put & I put a little on my tzone for less blotting (it seems to work! I’m oily!). This is my fave e/s primer & when I finish my MAC I’ll “only” rebuy UDPP (the travel size is only $12 & lasts a long time.) The big 1 I’d worry about drying out some. I don’t mind the wand, I reserve mine for personal use. Bottom line is it does its job, it’s fairly easy to procure, & it won’t break the bank. #winning Grade: A+

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 8/25/2017 1:04:00 PM

I like this and this is the best eye primer that I have tried. I don't claim that this is perfect but close to it/haven't found better. It keeps my eye shadow on almost all day( about 11hours),and makeup never creases with this.Doesn't dry out or irritate my eyelids. I use eye makeup every day,so I can really tell when something is really working. I don't like the new packagin because I think that the applicator is useless.
To reviewers who say that this makes blending tougher: Make sure you use setting powder/light eyeshadow on you entire lid after application.I've never had any blending problems.

on 8/14/2017 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went back to using this after testing several primers from other companies. I love the squeeze tube. You need just the tiniest amount to cover the lid. Once applied it dries down and feels very smooth (silicones). I always set the area with some translucent powder before applying shadow. This is an important step to further prep the lid and I've noticed that it makes a big different. With this step, the shadow does not grab onto any patches, goes on more smoothly, and seems to last longer. I wear this almost every day and a small tube lasts me several months. Overall, this is my favorite eyeshadow primer and I will continue to repurchase.

I like how this primer applies smoothly on the eyelid . It allows your eyeshadow to look beautiful for hours, but once I got the 6 -7 hr mark it can start to crease a bit . I'm happy that it comes in a smaller size and that it's now paraben free.

on 6/14/2017 4:22:00 AM

I loved it!

on 12/22/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to eyeshadow primer, the most crease resistant of the ones I've tried. The texture is a bit thick and sticky which can make blending a little bit harder as it tends to really grab onto shadows, but you can always lay down a lighter shade first. I have oily lids and a deep crease/hood and though I still get occasionaly creasing depending on the eyeshadow formula and weather, most of the time I'm really pleased with how this holds up on me. I've purchased many tubes of primer potion, I think the squeeze bottle with the fine nozzle was my favourite packaging, but the current squeeze tube with wand is okay - better than the old rigid tube with wand for sure but I don't really feel the doe foot is necessary personally. As a side note, I have also tried samples of the anti aging, sin, and eden versions and found them all inferior to the original, for my personal tastes (anti aging reminded me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance so if you like one you may like the other, but neither had the staying power of the original primer potion for me; sin creased horribly; and eden somehow managed to be both dryer and more crease prone than the original). The original primer potion is a classic for a reason!

This a staple in my makeup kit. It's an eye shadow primer that works.

I tend to purchase the smaller, travel size because I don't use eyeshadow every day and usually just use this for eyeliner. You don't need a huge amount either, just a dot rubbed between your fingers is good enough.

It has a beige-y tone to it so it neutralizes my veiny eyelids, which is nice for me. Sometimes if I put on a little too much it makes my eyes seem a little too white, so I have to go over it with a little eyeshadow so it doesn't look to weird.

Makes my eye shadow so much richer and brighter. It adds no color to any of my looks, which I like a lot. In addition, my makeup tends to last a longer throughout the day.

I like purchase only a certain few products that I know work pretty well and this one is definitely something I tend to go back to as a staple.

on 6/1/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only primer i have try. Very expensive but a little goes a long way. I have oily eye lids. This is great and prevent creasing and smudging . But i felt using it daily will cause dryness to my eyes. Lids is still oily but skin felt very tight. Not sure if this make any sense. Will look for other cheaper brands

Video Reviews & Tutorials