73%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I have tried a lot of “favorite “cleansers for my sensitive acne -prone skin ,but all of them have dehydrated ,irritated my skin and enhanced the redness.However, this Avene cleanser has been very gentle and soft with my skin ,leaving it matte and it really calmed my acne.I would definitely recommend it and I would repurchase it for sure .

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGray

7 months ago

This is amazing as a body wash. I live in a hotter part of the US. During the summer, my skin has a tendency towards fungal infections. This keeps my skin healthy, without irritation. It’s irreplaceable. I agree that it’s probably too harsh to use on your face.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

7 months ago

I was randomly browsing through the pharmacy for a cleanser when i chance upon this. Avene being a brand known for its sensitive range, i thought it might be a good deal for me. I have oily and acne prone skin and also dry skin on the surface. Many cleanser does not work for me as those pore cleanser are too foamy and strip off a layer of my skin. I was so happy when i saw this product label as gentle wash. Little did i know it was just a nightmare. After using the first wash, i felt that my skin tightened up and that was not a good sign usually. But i brush it off as a new product new adjustment. However, by the second day, it was turning red on my chin and cheeks area. And by the third day my skin started to peel and flake and itch. And fourth day it was so itchy and still red and dry and also oily. Had to stop using and had to buy a substitute product to help with the redness and peeling.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

I am using this for 3 years now after it was recommended by a dermatologist for my oily,sensitive, and acne prone skin. Holy Grail it is! The bottle lasts me for about a year so it’s worth the price. I use a makeup remover to remove my makeup first and then this cleanser. Double cleansing is important for blemish prone skin. I have no complaints about this cleanser. I am very satisfied. Breakouts are remarkably minimal now. It is the best!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

This is my holy grail. It is perfect for my acne prone, sensitive, oily skin. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good, simple and effective face cleanser who has problematic skin

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

10 months ago

First of all this gel dried me out and my face became flackey even the oily t-zone after use. I didnt see any clearance effect nor refreshment. and somehow it broke me out maybe because i have combo skin. this gel would be better to use for those who have oily skin.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 months ago

​Well, well, well. This was rated one of the best cleansers in 2018, by some women’s magazine. Naturally, I was tempted to try it! I bought it with high expectations as I believed the article & trust the French when it comes to skincare... I’m neither here nor there about it. It gets the job done. It removes grime and make-up, without the frills. Personally, I prefer the Noreva cleanser, which is also created for sensitive acne-prone skin, at the same price. It’s mild enough for my sensitive skin, but can be drying after constant use, I’ve had to amp up my moisturising to alleviate this. I only realised after purchasing it, that it’s actually for oily skin where I have a more combination-dry type. OOPS. Murphy’s law it took FOREVER to finish the bottle. That being said. It doesn’t leave the skin feeling tight nor irritated but not soft or plump. It has a cheap soap smell, like the ones you’d find in a public bathroom, but you get over it. Pros - Gentle, doesn’t irritate sensitive skin - No strong, overpowering fragrance - Inexpensive - Lasts a while - Decent packaging Cons - Cheap soap smell, it grows on you somehow

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

from

I've been using it since 2014 . I'm so satisfied with it

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

10 months ago

I have hormonal cystic acne and I was hoping this would help clear it up since I'm using the Cleanance Expert, but it left my skin extremely dry, irritated and sensitive. I used it for about two weeks but I ended up tossing the product. Would not recommend. It has an incredibly strong scent as well, which I did not like.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

a year ago

Years ago the doctor recommended Avene cleanser and Avene cream for a treatment. I didn’t know anything about acne treatment back then, as did not those doctors unfortunately. I still remember how Avene products were quite expensive at the time which made the disappointment slightly worse. Realization that more expensive doesn’t mean it’s gonna work. So, to get back on track, it wasn’t good for my skin. This cleanser supposed to be so gentle, not to irritate but calm your skin. But Avene anti acne cream treatment made it worse. I might have been reacting badly to Avene thermal water in those products, who knows. I remember promotional brochures that doctor was using, praising this stuff... Til this day the scent of it is so revolting to me ????

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm