3.7

$36.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

12 days ago

I I have sensitive - combination skin. I’ve been trying to find out what broke me out and eventually it was this cleanser. 1. PROS - on step for you laziessss out there. 2. CONS - dont like the fragrance, too strong. It broke me out like crazy. And im talking about small-medium red acne underneath the skin that takes 2-4 weeks to clear up. The kind of acne that leaves hyperpigmentation scars that takes 2-3 months to heal. It irritated the hell out of my skin and dried me out on my nose/brows and corner of my lips. my skin felt clean but dehydrated even after using a cream-based moisturizer. It’s a no-no

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

24 days ago

I first tried this out in a sample bottle and really liked it. The scent was the original aspect that hooked me, but I also really like how it cleans my face. I do not wear heavy makeup but I do have sunscreen and eye makeup to remove most days. I typically use this as a first cleanse, but it could also serve as a one step gentle cleanse, such as in the morning. The cost is rather high, but only a small amount is needed for each use so even a sample bottle will last long enough for a really good tryout. I have just repurchased this item in a larger size.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0

3 months ago

Too expensive..Not a good smell .Reminds me of Cerave cream face wash.Cheaper than this and works better.Cereve is better.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

Purity? Tested on animals. Parabens. F D&C yellow #5. How they came up with the name "Purity" is perplexing... This cleanser smells funny and has more parabens and coloring than my skin wants. It leaves my skin feeling slimy and causes break outs. Very misleading name...

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

6 months ago

It’s fine. Completely non irritating, foams up nicely, cleans my skin without making it feel stripped. However I consider it average. There are other cleansers that are more gentle, clean better, etc. but it’s a decent cleanser - just not great.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

8 months ago

oily t-zone, acne prone (chin area) & redness Pros: - feels so gentle and nice - effectively removes face make up Cons: - pricey I've used plenty of cleansers and nothing compares to how gentle and soft this one feels. It's like cleansing your make up off your face without stripping the natural oils. A little pricey for a small bottle but I love it and will continue to purchase it. Thank you to my girl friend for introducing it to me :)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

This was highly recommended to me and I was excited to try it. Then I read the ingredients, and two types of parabens are on there, listed well above lots of more potent botanicals. Given the health risks associated with parabens (and the fact that the alternatives are so cheap and safe -- like tocopherol, aka vitamen E), I am stunned that a company like this wouldn't go paraben-free. Also, parabens are preservatives, and usually one of the last ingredients listed because so little is needed. It's a bad sign if there are lots of ingredients listed below a paraben. It means those ingredients aren't actually contributing to the product. A lot of the ingredients listed below the parabens are good-sounding things, like fruit and seed oils and extracts. They want to brag about having those lovely ingredients, but trust me, if there's less of those than there are parabens, they are there for show only. Some of the main contributing ingredients are fantastic -- coconut products, glycerin, fatty alcohols, meadowfoam. Those are all great things, and probably why so many people love this cleanser. Why ruin it with parabens? And why stuff all those other nice ingredients in at such small concentrations? If they're trying to look "green" and botanical, this isn't the way to go. There's nothing wrong with a shorter ingredient list. You don't get points for including carrot seed oil if there's too little of it to be effective. If this works for you, fine. But consider boycotting. It would be cheap, easy, and effective for them to use vitamin E as a preservative instead. If you have a family history of breast cancer you should absolutely avoid it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 months ago

I have been using this cleanser for 10 years. I’ve tried others when I ran out and wasn’t able to buy this. When the importance of cleanser ph talk started and others said that this stuff wasn’t an acceptable ph, I tried others then too. All but 2 others that I’ve tried broke me out. Or made my breakouts worse back when I was struggling with severe breakouts (not a problem anymore thanks to retin a, but it does still happen though not as severely when I change up other products that I use, like cleanser.) Crazy how a cleanser can cause your skin to break out, but they have for me. Regarding the ph of this cleanser—surprise, surprise it’s ph is actually 5 to 6. This puts it right in the ideal ph for a cleanser. It’s actually in the same range as Cosrx Low Ph gel cleanser, vanicream cleanser, and cerave foaming. All of the others are highly recommended as cleansers with an appropriate ph. Anyway, I have no problems using this to remove even eye makeup except waterproof mascara. It just takes awhile of massaging my lashes to get all non waterproof mascara and eyeliner off. I’ve worn contacts while I doing it and it didn’t sting my eyes then either. I’ve used toners after rinsing well and makeup wasn’t left on the cotton pads. I don’t plan on trying anything else. Even though this is an old school cleanser and doesn’t get any attention anymore, it should. I hope that they never discontinue it or change the formula.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

My all time favorite cleanser! It's very gentle to the point that you might doubt whether it's cleaning efficiently. I wasn't 100% convinced, until I used it to wash a powder foundation puff. It just cleaned up the foundation stain like magic! I am totally sold!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

2.0

a year ago

I got this in one of the Ulta kits and I loathe it. Nothing I have used on my face--including alcohol--has made it feel this dry. It also increased my redness. I rinsed it off very thoroughly, but it still felt like there was something left on my face--and yet, that something wasn't moisturizing at all! I honestly felt like I would be better off using shampoo or body wash on my face. Unless you have oily skin, I wouldn't go near this. A good cleanser for dry skin is the Fresh Soy one. The drugstore apricot scrubs are decent too--as long as you remove makeup first.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral